The Electric Light Orchestra Q8 quadraphonic 8 track cartridge on eBay

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbillquad

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
New Zealand . Hobsonville Rd. West Harbour
Another high price item Q8 Tape.

Current bid:
GBP 283.00

Approximately NZD514.28
[ 10 bids ]

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Electri...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

s-l1600.jpg

Ha I noticed this before and was going to post...wasn't the quad mix of this title actually released on DVD-V?? I don't have a copy, but may have look for one seeing as people are ready to throw away hundreds on a Q8.

Ha I noticed this before and was going to post...wasn't the quad mix of this title actually released on DVD-V?? I don't have a copy, but may have look for one seeing as people are ready to throw away hundreds on a Q8.

Hi. sjcorne

Yes it was released on DVD-V.. I suppose how`s bidding on this Q8 want`s it for its vintage status...

spotted this too, totally daft money even if there wasn't a DVD reissue.. interestingly the also rare (though not as rare as this Q8!) Brazilian SQ LP of this Quad has come up on eBay at least twice this year that I've seen.. but we all know how it goes if two or more Quad fanatics really really want something.. these auctions are good for a laugh anyway, I put a few bids on the seller's other Q8 listings and lost them all bar the Maria Muldaur Donut Shop one (which I didn't really want.. and neither did anybody else! haha.. now I'm stuck with a sticky donut stickier than when sticky the stick insect got stuck to a sticky bun..! ha :D

Hi. All

Well the bidding is finished.

“Very good condition for its age”

Ended:

Sep 14, 2017 , 9:40AM

Winning bid:

GBP 361.00
Approximately NZD657.49

[ 15 bids ]

Shipping:

GBP 17.00 Expedited Shipping to New Zealand

Item location:

Ruislip, Middlesex, United Kingdom

That's about
$483.00 us

spotted this too, totally daft money even if there wasn't a DVD reissue.. interestingly the also rare (though not as rare as this Q8!) Brazilian SQ LP of this Quad has come up on eBay at least twice this year that I've seen.. but we all know how it goes if two or more Quad fanatics really really want something.. these auctions are good for a laugh anyway, I put a few bids on the seller's other Q8 listings and lost them all bar the Maria Muldaur Donut Shop one (which I didn't really want.. and neither did anybody else! haha.. now I'm stuck with a sticky donut stickier than when sticky the stick insect got stuck to a sticky bun..! ha :D

Adam, I have Maria Muldaur's Waitress in a Donut Shop on Quad Open Reel and it's really not such a baddie......and I probably paid $15 for it back in the day.

And $483 for a Q8. Seriously? For a few dollars more one can purchase an OPPO BDP-203!

It must be akin to a status symbol or just claiming you have a bigger dick. I don't get it but then again, I've never been a competitive person.

Considering the mix really isn't that good. A couple of songs are of the "something over here/something over there" style and they just don't make sense. One mixing maneuver I've never understood was shoving the bass in a back corner. To my ears, that's a total mixing faux pas, especially when you're working with 16-track and have options. But even I've done some mixing from 8-track and I can come up with something better than that. It's just tacky.

Last edited:
Back