BLACK SABBATH The end (Live in Birmingham) SUPER DELUXE, 2CD, DVD, Blu-Ray + Bonus

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My copy arrived today, fortunately in perfect condition as it was just in a bubble wrap bag, could have been damaged easily. The first picture in this thread #1 shows the box like white, but is chrome silver, very cool.

It's great, I love it, BUT unfortunately not that great DTS-HD Master at 48Khz. Not discrete, more like a loud stereo coming out of 5 speakers. I am not very critical of surround recordings, but this is a modern recording on a Blu Ray.
The video is awesome, show a lot of the individual players and Iommi's metal fingers and metal guitar pick. The package is awesome.
I keep buying Black Sabbath my whole life and sound wise, maybe best to stick with original LP's and CD's .
Playing loud does not help.

Oh boy...it's going to be a nerve racking time for all of us until it arrives undamaged:couch

Well, a surprise today - The End arrived unannounced. :) It was scheduled for Tuesday delivery.....but since the RUSH disappointment, this softens the blow a bit.
Perfect condition, a nice tidy little box...a bit bigger than the Tull sets. The concert blu-ray is the feature obviously and it sounds amazing. It's surround, but mostly typical reverb in back channels. That doesn't matter at all. This is a WALL of sound right from the start and it sounds pretty stunning. They clearly put Geezer in left, Ozzy in center and Iommi in right. There is a big amount of low end on this and it's super tight and punchy. I'm pretty sure if I really cranked it....stuff would start crumbling around the house. It's that rocking. Picture quality is nearly perfect. The light show is nice. Another bonus is Ozzy's voice sounds spot on...anyone who knows Ozzy knows that at times, his voice can get dicey. Not here - he must have really worked to condition himself for this show cause he sounds excellent.

Back