BLACK SABBATH The end (Live in Birmingham) SUPER DELUXE, 2CD, DVD, Blu-Ray + Bonus

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DuncanS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
BLACK SABBATH The end (Live in Birmingham) SUPER DELUXE, 2CD, DVD, Blu-Ray & a bonus disc, about 54 Euros, looks like 17th November release date

http://www.nuclearblast.de/fr/produ...-the-end-live-in-birmingham-super-deluxe.html

1000x1000.jpg

I know I should be excited....Sabbath being my all time favorite band and all.....but......what I really want are old Sabbath titles released with surround and all the goodies. You just cannot beat old Sabbath studio albums.

But....I'm pretty sure I will have to buy this.

I know I should be excited....Sabbath being my all time favorite band and all.....but......what I really want are old Sabbath titles released with surround and all the goodies.

PARANOID is out there in DVD 5.1 but rare and expensive -- even rarer and more expensive is DVD 5.1 BS IV (maybe my twisted fave of theirs). I have the former, and saw the latter for sale in Japan, but the price (over a 100 bucks!) turned me off. I somewhat regret that now, as I haven't seen it since :(

I really like the surround PARANOID . . . it has somewhat different mixes, most notably on the spaciest track, "Planet Caravan," which is a treat in surround!

PARANOID is out there in DVD 5.1 but rare and expensive -- even rarer and more expensive is DVD 5.1 BS IV (maybe my twisted fave of theirs). I have the former, and saw the latter for sale in Japan, but the price (over a 100 bucks!) turned me off. I somewhat regret that now, as I haven't seen it since :(

I really like the surround PARANOID . . . it has somewhat different mixes, most notably on the spaciest track, "Planet Caravan," which is a treat in surround!

haha, yeah. I wouldn't be a true fan if I didn't already have a couple iterations of Paranoid in surround would I? I would simply fall over dead, if Steven Wilson could get a hold of those and do something special. :yikes

As a drummer, I really cut my teeth growing up on old Sabbath and I was really excited for them to be getting back together again, but after I found out Bill Ward (the original drummer) was being excluded, I completely lost interest. I've researched it a bit and found varying opinions as to why:

At various times, Ozzy and Iommi said that he was either not up to the task physically or couldn't remember the songs. One thing Ozzy said was that during early rehearsals, Bill had post-it notes all over his drums to remember the songs and that that was unacceptable, yet ironically later on when they were performing live without Bill, I read that Ozzy was using a teleprompter to read the lyrics and still messed them up and got them wrong. :confused: I've also read that Sharon Osbourne, as the bands manager, only offered to pay Bill as a hired stage musician instead of him being an equal partner in the band, as he had always been before, and that he roundly refused and then they just replaced him. Bill Ward is a vegan and apparently hasn't used drugs or alcohol in over 30 years, and I can't help but feel like he kind of got shafted.

I just couldn't get excited for the 'new' Sabbath, but I would freakin' freak the freak out over some olde school stuff in surround! :banana:

haha, yeah. I wouldn't be a true fan if I didn't already have a couple iterations of Paranoid in surround would I? I would simply fall over dead, if Steven Wilson could get a hold of those and do something special. :yikes

That would be holy grail level stuff there!

PARANOID is out there in DVD 5.1 but rare and expensive -- even rarer and more expensive is DVD 5.1 BS IV (maybe my twisted fave of theirs). I have the former, and saw the latter for sale in Japan, but the price (over a 100 bucks!) turned me off. I somewhat regret that now, as I haven't seen it since.

As I remember, the "official" release of Paranoid is actually the quad mix in inferior quality compared to some of the unofficial conversions of the Quad Reel.

I have never heard of BS IV in any surround format. Any more details on this? Anyone have it in hand?

As I remember, the "official" release of Paranoid is actually the quad mix in inferior quality compared to some of the unofficial conversions of the Quad Reel.

I have never heard of BS IV in any surround format. Any more details on this? Anyone have it in hand?

I don't think IV has any version other than 2 channel. If I'm wrong.....please.....have mercy......PM me. :)

Correct on the lossy-only release vs. the shared Q4 transfer. Never heard of quad Vol4 either. That would also be holy grail material!

I think I remember that the official DVD was a CD-4 decode, not a transfer of the master or commercial reel. The commercial reel is very rare, selling for over $400 on eBay in the past.

Don't forget Black Sabbath, The End in theaters Sept 28th. This Birmingham Box set looks awesome , as they are playing all the old stuff live and I am sure sonically it will be killer. I am looking on Amazon US and hope to purchase. Not there yet.

I saw The End tour in Las Vegas and I was surprised at how great the show was. It far exceeded my expectations. I will get this set.

Some links for the Deluxe Box set of The End (Sabbath)
It should be noted that you could also simply buy a stand alone CD/Blu-ray of the concert for around $22-$25 and that may likely be good enough for most... :)

Bullmoose $74.97
Amazon US $99.98

On Oct 11th I ordered this box set for $85.49, via Amazon US was $99.00. I feel better about this than $150.00 for the Rush box set but will likely go down also. Not a studio album and not Steven Wilson, but better yet, it is Black Sabbath.

Saw this on Showtime last night. What an ass-kickin' show!! Some songs omitted to fit the time slot, but this far surpassed my expectations. I wasn't really critiquing the mix, but the quality of the performance just blew me away. Can't wait to get this one!

Some links for the Deluxe Box set of The End (Sabbath)
It should be noted that you could also simply buy a stand alone CD/Blu-ray of the concert for around $22-$25 and that may likely be good enough for most... :)

Bullmoose $74.97
Amazon US $99.98

Yikes, spending more money. I ordered from Deep Discount and with their 10% discount along with tax - my total is $70.20 for the deluxe set.

:banana:

Yikes, spending more money. I ordered from Deep Discount and with their 10% discount along with tax - my total is $70.20 for the deluxe set.

:banana:

Just cancelled my DD order of $70.20 and ordered from Amazon.de for US $55.90 :banana::banana:

Back