Quad LP/Tape Poll Feliciano, Jose: Fireworks [Q8]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate "Fireworks" Q8

• 10: Tops

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 50.0%

Votes: 1 50.0%

• 5: Mediocre

• 1: Utter crap

• Total voters

EMB

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
RCA PQ8-1595, album originally released 1970.

Program 1:

Fireworks
Destiny
(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
Norwegian Wood
She Came in Through the Bathroom Window
Blackbird

Program 2:

Pegao
Once There Was a Love
Susie-Q
Yesterday
Let It Be

ED :)

This is one of those early RCA titles that wasn't trying to be four-corner discrete. This one is more of a front & back soundstages with a little bit of left/right going on. But then again, I don't know if the music would warrant an aggressive four-corner mix. I really like some of the song choices on here. Jose is one of few artists (like Elvis) who can take somebody else's song and totally make it his own. I especially enjoy his vocal performance on "Let it Be", although a part of me really wishes he'd pulled out all the stops on that one. The man's got an incredible set of pipes though I wonder if technical limitations of the time were what was holding him back.... or he just didn't want to appear too "over-the-top".

Either way, Great album. Great tunes, but a part of me wishes for just slightly more discrete instrument placement. :music

Feliciano was obviously a big Beatles fan, and he liked covering their material. "Destiny" was the single from the album, and didn't do nearly as well as I thought it would; fine performance. As for the mix, I'd rate it a '7'--pretty good, not great separation. I think, too, that more could have been done with some tracks.

ED :)

Back