Blu Ray cut outs.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are these just the Rush titles? If so a bargain for anyone interested. The closeness of the sawcut to the disc itself, though, is a little worrying, FWIW. And the 'Made in Germany' seems genuine, though this kid knows nothing of the knockoffs circulating.

ED :)

Careful with the Rush titles! There are a few disc sets out there that feature the loud crushed and eq hyped CD "masters". I'm thinking of that "Sectors" DVD release specifically but there are others too. Advertised as HD copies of all the stereo album mixes with a bonus 5.1 remix of one album per set. Turns out it has none of the original stereo mixes in HD (hyped CD masters instead) and the bonus 5.1 remixes are studio intern abominations. Maybe there are some legitimate bluray editions available? Not sure. I'm pretty sure I saw at least the abomination remix of 2112 on a bluray though so watch out.

I can vouch for the HD stereo copies on HDTracks. They are the original mixes transferred to 24/96 (a couple are 192k) HD digital with no hyped mastering. They sound like the original tapes the albums must have been made from. These are the first real digital copies of the Rush catalog.

Bluray "cutouts"? Yeah... sure. :D

Back