DVDFab Hi-Fi Audio Converter

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
I just got an email about this product. It might be worth checking out for some of you.

https://www.dvdfab.cn/hi-fi-audio-converter.htm

It's $60 but there's a discount code of HIFI30 that gets you 30% off (Allegedly - verify before purchase)(Code good until Oct 10)
(This offer has no ties to me or QQ. Check it out if you want, they have no idea I am sharing this. They have no idea who I am, or what QQ is, I'm sure)

Sure we have other ways to do this, but it might be something that someone who does not want to do the whole MakeMKV to whatever and whatever route. This could be a quick solution. It does look pretty cool. BluRay to multichannel flac or wav and the highest resolution. Not bad.

NOTE: I don't have it. Not sure I'll get it. Never tried it. However, I'm just letting y'all know I got an email and thought some of you might want to give it a shot.

This looks like a good 'one tool does all' but I'm wondering if it really does DVD-As. I guess someone here will give it a try and report. It also looks like it needs manual tagging/file naming post conversion.

MakeMKV and Audiomuxer works well but requires manual entry tagging (DVDV and BDA)

MakeMKV and Music Media Helper same accept it adds auto and semi-auto tagging (DVDV and BDA) and faster than Audiomuxer (although I still need to do extra work to get auto tagging working better)

DVDAE does a great job on DVD-A and provides very good auto tagging.

This looks like a good 'one tool does all' but I'm wondering if it really does DVD-As. I guess someone here will give it a try and report. It also looks like it needs manual tagging/file naming post conversion.

MakeMKV and Audiomuxer works well but requires manual entry tagging (DVDV and BDA)

MakeMKV and Music Media Helper same accept it adds auto and semi-auto tagging (DVDV and BDA) and faster the Audiomuxer (although I still need to do extra work to get auto tagging working better)

DVDAE does a great job on DVD-A and provides very good auto tagging.

Ugh....

I'm debating trying it out. But, if it doesn't do DVD-A, then I guess I think it's not worth the money.

Ugh....

I'm debating trying it out. But, if it doesn't do DVD-A, then I guess I think it's not worth the money.

Im not sure it it does DVDA Gene. Maybe you can give it a try.

Up until recently DVDFab couldn't do DVDA but this new package may...

Ugh....

DVDA is easy, there's still an old freeware ripper for that available out there if you look around . It's called DVD-Audio Explorer

DVDA is easy, there's still an old freeware ripper for that available out there if you look around . It's called DVD-Audio Explorer

Thanks man - yeah, I have it. I just wondered if this program could be a single place to do everything....and maybe do it somewhat easier.

I am pretty sure this is only a BluRay Audio ripper. What makes it interesting is that it rips to full resolution without any hocus-pocus. Other "simple" programs only rip to 24/48. Still, if you have MakeMKV and AudioMuxer or whatever, this is nothing special.

Just thought it was cool that it actually did the 5.1 multichannel out of the box.

I dl'ed the "trial" version just to play with it a bit.

I tried Bob Marley Legend BD and PF DSOTM BD

I don't think the trial version enables the full potential of 24/96

Thanks. Can you please try a DVDA?

No 24/96 is not good. I'm surprised it's not a full featured demo version. They should just give a 7 day trial with full features. Maybe it just doesn't do hi-Rez?

Sorry guys, disregard what I said.

I was doing it wrong and now that I'm doing it correctly the demo does indeed allow 24/96

Well, I was going to try this out myself, but it appears the $60 is only for 1 year! If you want a lifetime license, it's $109 bucks (less the discount)

For that price I'll stick with MakeMKV and AudioMuxer. Gets the job done! :cool:

Well, I was going to try this out myself, but it appears the $60 is only for 1 year! If you want a lifetime license, it's $109 bucks (less the discount)

For that price I'll stick with MakeMKV and AudioMuxer. Gets the job done! :cool:

Jon - I'm doing the same. No way I'm paying that kind of money. I'll make due with what I have.... :)

Can anyone speak to the quality of this product. Or, for that matter, DVDFab in general? I finally bought a Blu-ray drive. The immediate need is strictly to burn a few Blu-ray discs from personal files but I've long wanted to put some of my discs onto a NAS server. Looks like they're selling what seems a pretty complete bundle of software for $240. Right now that's significant lunch money but if it really is a "one stop shop" I'd much prefer it to playing with with a hodgepodge of tools (I'm not excited by re-learning Handbrake, for instance, or futzing with MakeMKV). A lot of what's listed holds little/no interest to me but having easier access and backups to a mix of disc media in full resolution would be a relief. I'd certainly get more mileage out of many purchases in the long run. No matter how much I enjoy spinning discs on my Oppo 203 at home, I'd kill to get some things like the new Beatles "Real Love" and "Free As a Bird" remixes on my portable audio player. Tons of stuff like that I'd love to learn this is a reasonably easy path to doing.

I'd be grateful for any words of wisdom, whether they are enabling or cautionary tales. As it is, I'm already shifting to Jriver from iTunes and have gone cross-eyed in the process. Ditto researching QNAP/Synology vs. other solutions, but that's a whole other front.

Edit to add: Call me the king of 20/20 but just after posting it occurred to me this may not be appropriate. Mods, please delete if that's the case. I may do so myself shortly. Still thinking this through. PMs welcome and apologies forthcoming!

I am pretty sure this is only a BluRay Audio ripper. What makes it interesting is that it rips to full resolution without any hocus-pocus. Other "simple" programs only rip to 24/48. Still, if you have MakeMKV and AudioMuxer or whatever, this is nothing special.

Just thought it was cool that it actually did the 5.1 multichannel out of the box.

Pretty sure DVD audio extractor fixed that 24/48 limitation from what I read here. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

I had a problem ripping my Miles Davis DVD-AUDIO disc a couple days ago. Wouldn't work on my new Windows 10 machine. Switched over to my laptop and a different DVD rom drive using DVD-AUDIO Explorer and it worked. Didn't work on my new PC but tried a different disc and it worked. Strange, I was getting a "this disc is encrypted message". It has been a while since I ripped any because nearly all I have are already done. Curious if anyone have gotten this message?

Pretty sure DVD audio extractor fixed that 24/48 limitation from what I read here. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Yep...DVDAE rips DTS 96/24, DTS-HD, Dolby True-HD to Lossless FLAC/ALAC/WAV/Direct Demux. It used to only do the 24/48 "core" of those codecs but that was fixed in a recent update.

Can anyone speak to the quality of this product. Or, for that matter, DVDFab in general? I finally bought a Blu-ray drive. The immediate need is strictly to burn a few Blu-ray discs from personal files but I've long wanted to put some of my discs onto a NAS server. Looks like they're selling what seems a pretty complete bundle of software for $240. Right now that's significant lunch money but if it really is a "one stop shop" I'd much prefer it to playing with with a hodgepodge of tools (I'm not excited by re-learning Handbrake, for instance, or futzing with MakeMKV). A lot of what's listed holds little/no interest to me but having easier access and backups to a mix of disc media in full resolution would be a relief. I'd certainly get more mileage out of many purchases in the long run. No matter how much I enjoy spinning discs on my Oppo 203 at home, I'd kill to get some things like the new Beatles "Real Love" and "Free As a Bird" remixes on my portable audio player. Tons of stuff like that I'd love to learn this is a reasonably easy path to doing.

I'd be grateful for any words of wisdom, whether they are enabling or cautionary tales. As it is, I'm already shifting to Jriver from iTunes and have gone cross-eyed in the process. Ditto researching QNAP/Synology vs. other solutions, but that's a whole other front.

Edit to add: Call me the king of 20/20 but just after posting it occurred to me this may not be appropriate. Mods, please delete if that's the case. I may do so myself shortly. Still thinking this through. PMs welcome and apologies forthcoming!

Not messing with MakeMKV is a huge mistake. It is simple and very functional.

There is one minor quibble I have with it. If you just want to do a full Blu-ray backup removing decryption, you DON'T scan the disc. Once you scan your disc that full backup option is not available. It confused me the first few times I used it. Just load disc and use the backup option. So simple, it confused me :)

Not messing with MakeMKV is a huge mistake. It is simple and very functional.

There is one minor quibble I have with it. If you just want to do a full Blu-ray backup removing decryption, you DON'T scan the disc. Once you scan your disc that full backup option is not available. It confused me the first few times I used it. Just load disc and use the backup option. So simple, it confused me :)

kinda off-topic a bit but MakeMKV now supports 4k UHD ripping (Backup) of some ENCRYPTED discs.

IOW it will decrypt some encrypted discs with a little bit of help

Some people never thought that day would happen because of the incredibly strong encryption for 4k but a loophole was found.

http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=16959

also, funny thing about DVDFab Hi-Fi Audio Converter (I bought it) and it works albeit a little too well

what I mean is it rips everything it can to 24/96 but when I playback those files in my car my Kenwood snaps crackles and pops because it can't seem to handle playing back 96K

It will playback 48K just fine and sometimes DVDFab Hi-Fi Audio Converter will only rip to 48K if that's the only option available on the source blu-ray (which is about half the time).

the 96K playback fine on my home system though

Yep...DVDAE rips DTS 96/24, DTS-HD, Dolby True-HD to Lossless FLAC/ALAC/WAV/Direct Demux. It used to only do the 24/48 "core" of those codecs but that was fixed in a recent update.

And MLP too (to FLAC)

I'd recommend DVDAE for all of above (Audio only - DVDAs and ADVDs)

MakeMKV for backups of BD disc (supports BDA and BDV) and DVDVs (or Audio DVDs, it can't do DVDA - MLP). MakeMKV can also convert BDA and BDV to MKV file format which is a Lossless copy of the original BD streams and can be played back on many devices or with free software on most computers.

Two tools. DVDAE will cost about $50 I think. MakeMKV can be used for free by renewing the trial version, or you can purchase outright. It's not expensive.

For SACDs you'll need an Oppo 103 or 105 (or other specific BD player) that rips an ISO copy of the disc and one other free software program (I'd recommend Foobar to convert to lossless FLAC).

Back