Primus - The Desaturating Seven

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

500 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
Primus' new album was released today. It is based upon the famous children's book "The Rainbow Goblins". Here is a sample:

[video=youtube_share;oF4DXdRWzY0]https://youtu.be/oF4DXdRWzY0[/video]

It sounds pretty good. I am listening to it via spotify.

Hopefully this sees a surround release in the future. It certainly lends itself to some trippy video too. Les did a good job on his other surround mixes, despite them being only Dulby. I pray for lossless DTS-MA or PCM on a bluray!

Pretty cool! The Desaturating Seven track is kinda Crimson-esque.

I have had that book for years - a very cool and trippy book. I hope they release this in surround with accompanying video. I would definitely buy!

I have Sailing the Seas of Cheese on BD-A. Chocolate Factory, however, is only DD, which is sad. It is fun, but has a pretty high noise floor, to my ears.
Ah yes... Sailing was indeed a lossless Blu-ray. I was just remembering my disappointment that Chocolate Factory was only DD. It does sound pretty good though.

Listening to this right now and hoping that they put out a 5.1 version as well. I was a big fan of the Chocolate Factory surround mix and the music on this new album is very much in the same vein. Musically, I actually prefer these recent releases to their earlier, more highly lauded releases from the 90s (including Seas of Cheese, which I can only take in small doses...Amazing surround mix, though!). The pronounced psychedelic edge on this new album (and Chocolate Factory) really enhances the usual Primus weirdness.

Back