• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Pioneer DV 578-A DVD-A / SACD player for sale

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClarkNovak

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Since 2002/2003
Hey guys,

I just got a new (to me!) Oppo BDP-80, so I am offering up my old faithful Pioneer DV 578-A. The Pioneer is in excellent condition - no scratches, bruises, bumps or other foolishness. The box and manual are long gone, but the remote is present.

Unit has been mine since new and plays 5.1 DVD-A, SACD, DTS and Dolby discs flawlessly. It plays my home-burned DTS conversions from CD beautifully. It does have the annoying bug that sometimes manifests in the 578-A wherein Redbook CDs, of all things, are not recognized and won't play. You may not care about the CD playback (I know I didn't), but I wanted to make sure you knew.

Anyway, I'm asking $30 for the unit, plus shipping (I'll estimate cost based on your location), unless you live in San Diego County (or southern Orange County) and want to come pick it up!

Cheers!

The DV578-A is a great little player. I still have mine. It worked flawlessly for years until I retired it for the BDP-80 just like you are.

That would be a perfect unit for anyone who needs a reliable player for surround or is just curious to see what multi-channel is all about.

You can't lose at that price.

Best of luck with your sale !

Thanks filper :)

Still have the unit if anyone is interested - otherwise I'll put it on eBay at the end of the week.

Happy Quadding!

Back