Bunch of stuff for sale...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! :yikes
Are the Peter Gabriel SACDs really worth over $100? If so, I have a few I should sell

Wow! :yikes
Are the Peter Gabriel SACDs really worth over $100? If so, I have a few I should sell

My thoughts exactly, have two spare sealed copies of "So" maybe I should flog them so that I can afford "Melt" which is the only PG SACD I need

Not really sure, I base my pricing on current Amazon listings ... I do realize some of them are a bit out of whack ;)

IMO, some Amazon sellers are totally unrealistic. When I ebay stuff I look at recent SOLD items. It doesn't matter what sellers are listing for, if nobody is buying at that price.
I've seen the same ridiculous price on Amazon (and ebay, to a lesser extent) for over 2 years for the same seller. They're just being dickheads or trolls. If nobody is buying, lower the price... simple.

not that GabeL needs anyone to vouch for them but.. i'm a voucher! :D
its been a while but a great seller in all respects at the time if i may vouch like a voucher! :p

My thoughts exactly, have two spare sealed copies of "So" maybe I should flog them so that I can afford "Melt" which is the only PG SACD I need

I'd like MELT as well, but . . . I wouldn't like a second mortgage :rolleyes:

I do realize that probably IS the current asking price -- you would think the major companies would look at that and re-release it at a mark-up on the old price!

Not really sure, I base my pricing on current Amazon listings ... I do realize some of them are a bit out of whack ;)

just to let everyone know (if they don't already) that amazon has recently (last 6 months) virtually eliminated all sellers of used CD's and DVD's (due to counterfeit issue pressure from the RIAA) and have "gated" sales to only a very few select sellers which has eliminated 90% of all previous sellers and what has happened is the remaining 10% that are allowed to list recognize this that they have essentially been allowed to corner the market and are therefore listing at ridiculously high prices.

In other words, don't shop or even compare prices on amazon for used cd's, dvd's, sacd's, dvd-audio right now because it is a completely artificial market and not representative of the true free market on ebay, discogs, etc.

Back