Tom Petty (1950-2017)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in Los Angeles. A friend just called to say he has died.

Immensely sad for music lovers and just worse on a really bad news day.
My condolences to his family.

It's all over now. Left some stellar recordings both live and studio, plus surround.

Sad to see another great go . A great contributor to the soundtrack of my life .

R.I.P. Tom

~M~

The other night I reached for MOJO [BD~A] and enjoyed every second of it. Never thought TOM would be gone so soon.

RIP, Tom

You've left a wonderful legacy behind.

And prayers go out to those who lost their lives and were wounded in another senseless mass shooting in Los Vegas, NV.

Tom was so vibrant and productive; with all the recent deaths in the music world, the thought never crossed my mind that we could lose him. He'll always be one of the all-time greats. I miss him already. Rest with peace.

I just read this, so sad, another of my musical heroes gone. Only saw him once, at the Knebworth Festival 1978. RIP Tom Petty.

Horrible news. I love his music.

I never have many word for this kind of thing... I'm just sad he's gone (according to most news reports at this point) and sad for those who grieve for him.

This cannot be true... I can't believe it. Awful news.
Very sad. RIP Tom Petty

I wondered why my fave university radio station that eschews the hits was playing him non-stop on my commute home :(

Had the chance to catch him at the Fillmore during a 7-day run (early 90s? somewhere around then!) but if you ever worked or lived in Silicon Valley, you know that you'd have to take a day off work just to get there and back :rolleyes:

Should have taken the day off!

Rest in peace fellow Southerner.

Wow! Heard this on the radio on the way home this afternoon; a genuine shock. Sadly, that's how heart attacks are: sudden and unexpected regardless of your health. Being 66 is being a senior citizen, but Petty's vitality and passion always made him seem younger (that, and his blond hair turning to gray wasn't obvious or jolting in the way going from brown or black to silver is).

Great music for over forty years. many fond memories. RIP.

Thread title changed for the obvious reason.

ED

DAMN!! Can't believe this one. Wow. Way too young.

Was slow to become a Petty fan, but I became one and am shocked. This guy was the real deal. Shocked.........

Back