INXS - "Kick" (30th anniversary edition with Dolby Atmos mix coming soon!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
https://store.udiscovermusic.com/*/INXS/Kick-30th-Anniversary-Edition/5OQZ0GB3000
https://www.udiscovermusic.com/news/inxs-kick-reissue-dolby-atmos/

4-Disc 30th Anniversary Edition featuring the remastered original album, B-Sides, rare mixes & more across 3CDs plus a Blu-ray disc with the full Kick album mixed in Dolby Atmos immersive surround sound by Giles Martin & all the music videos. Housed within DVD sized ‘fan-deluxe’ packaging including 48-page booklet with interviews, essays & rare photos.
2017 marks a triumvirate of anniversaries for the legendary Australian rock band INXS. It’s now 40 years since they first formed the band; 30 years since Kick made them global superstars; and 20 years since the untimely passing of their iconic frontman and friend Michael Hutchence.

Housed in glorious DVD size fan-deluxe packaging, the 30th anniversary edition of Kick extends previous editions with additional B-sides, rare mixes and bonus tracks over 3CDs. In addition, it will feature the album mixed in Dolby Atmos® by producer Giles Martin and Sam Okell at Abbey Road Studios. The new mix appears on a Blu-ray disc along with all the promo videos. Dolby Atmos is an immersive sound technology that delivers the best listening experience on any device and surround sound set-up with a new dimension of clarity, fidelity and space, placing musical elements all around the listener.

“You can hear this album like you’ve never-before,” says Giles Martin of the new 30th-anniversary Edition of INXS’s seminal sixth album Kick. “You can hear Michael so close to you, you can hear his breath. You feel like you’re in the studio with the band. You have a record that’s 30 years old, but it’s been taken in a completely new direction and you can listen to it in a completely new way and it becomes new again. Great music and great songs, they don’t get old.”

2017 marks a triumvirate of anniversaries for the legendary Australian rock band INXS. It’s now 40 years since they first formed the band; 30 years since Kick made them global superstars; and 20 years since the untimely passing of their iconic frontman and friend Michael Hutchence.

“Classic, fabulous pop songs that jump out of the speakers, now more than ever before!“ Andrew Farriss of INXS says of Kick’s new edition. “The latest INXS vinyl cuts are an outstanding sonic achievement, especially the Kick album. I was truly amazed to hear INXS’ recordings sounding so incredibly fresh, clear and kick-ass, like vinyl on steroids…”

CD 1 - ORIGINAL ALBUM REMASTERED
1. Guns In The Sky
2. New Sensation
3. Devil Inside
4. Need You Tonight
5. Mediate
6. The Loved One
7. Wild Life
8. Never Tear Us Apart
9. Mystify
10. Kick
11. Calling All Nations
12. Tiny Daggers

CD2 - DEMOS, MIXES & MORE
1. Move On [Guitar Version]
2. I'm Coming (Home)
3. Mediate [Live From America]
4. Never Tear Us Apart [Live From America]
5. Kick [Live From America]
6. On The Rocks
7. Do Wot You Do
8. Mystify [Chicago Demo]
9. Jesus Was A Man [Demo]
10. The Trap [Demo]
11. Guns In The Sky [Kick Ass Remix]
12. Need You Tonight [Mendelsohn Extended Mix]
13. Move On

CD3 - ADDITIONAL MIXES & B-SIDES
1. Never Tear Us Apart [Soul Version]
2. New Sensation [Nick 12'' Mix]
3. New Sensation [Nick 7'' Mix]
4. Devil Inside [Extended Remix]
5. Devil Inside [7'' Version]
6. Devil Inside [Radio Edit]
7. Different World [12” Version]
8. Different World [7'' Version]
9. Need You Tonight [Big Bump Mix]
10. Need You Tonight [Ben Liebrand Mix]
11. Need You Tonight [Mendelsohn 7" Edit]
12. Guns in the Sky [Kookaburra Mix]
13. Calling All Nations [Kids On Bridges Remix]
14. Shine Like it Does [Live]

BLU-RAY
1. Kick Mixed in Dolby Atmos & High Definition Audio
2. Promo Videos
Guns In The Sky
New Sensation
Devil Inside
Need You Tonight
Mediate
Never Tear Us Apart
Mystify
Kick [New 2017 promo]

SharedImage-76059.png

[video=youtube;neh0iMR2CRs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neh0iMR2CRs[/video]

I'm in!

Looks like we are getting a new Atmos series of classic albums! Bring 'em on!!

Ordered.., been waiting for a disc I liked to be released in atmos.

I just went through the motions of pre-order, only to find shipping is $14.75! That puts a little damper on this. Maybe....just maybe other vendors will have this. :)

I just went through the motions of pre-order, only to find shipping is $14.75! That puts a little damper on this. Maybe....just maybe other vendors will have this. :)

I'll wait for Amazon to list

But hey, Gene: that includes white glove delivery and set~up.

I likewise will await Amazon, DD or Import CD to list it, as well.

A MUST BUY at any rate!

But hey, Gene: that includes white glove delivery and set~up.

I likewise will await Amazon, DD or Import CD to list it, as well.

A MUST BUY at any rate!

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, if by chance that is the only place to buy....I'll get it. But I'm sure others will offer it in short time. :)

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, if by chance that is the only place to buy....I'll get it. But I'm sure others will offer it in short time. :)

Like Sgt. Pepper, I'm sure this album will be listed on ALL the websites with significantly lower s/h charges.

GREAT album.

Like Sgt. Pepper, I'm sure this album will be listed on ALL the websites with significantly lower s/h charges.

GREAT album.

I agree, it is a great album, this one truly has me excited. We are living in great times, to be quite honest. Getting some nice titles with surround. I love it. :)

Never owned this album, but I'm certainly willing to try it now! I'm guessing there will still be a non-atmos surround sound track for the rest of us?

Never owned this album, but I'm certainly willing to try it now! I'm guessing there will still be a non-atmos surround sound track for the rest of us?

I don't have Atmos either, but I've been told that we can enjoy it just the same with our 5.1 systems. The new REM is the same for me....ATMOS, but I ordered as well.

since Giles was criticized on Sgt Pepper for being a little too conservative, I wonder how this will sound when he has the power of atmos at his fingertips?

This definitely seems like an album where he could go a little wild. At least I'm hoping so.

since Giles was criticized on Sgt Pepper for being a little too conservative, I wonder how this will sound when he has the power of atmos at his fingertips?

This definitely seems like an album where he could go a little wild. At least I'm hoping so.

Good point, though my gut says he is a bit conservative...still....I bet he will shine on this release. :)

Intrigued, but on the fence. Been too much for my pocketbook coming out recently, and I know the moment I spring for it, the Roxie Music First Album box will come out and I'll have to have a first-born to sell.:slap:

Inevitably, though, the crowd here will gush to the point where I'll have to acquire it sometime soon before it starts to appear on eBay at inflated prices.:wave

Intrigued, but on the fence. Been too much for my pocketbook coming out recently, and I know the moment I spring for it, the Roxie Music First Album box will come out and I'll have to have a first-born to sell.:slap:

Inevitably, though, the crowd here will gush to the point where I'll have to acquire it sometime soon before it starts to appear on eBay at inflated prices.:wave

Don't feel too bad.....I buy these things and I do wonder if I'm spending too much......and how to pay back the credit cards? I feel you man, I get it. :mad:@:

As long as my equipment can play back the 5.1 (no Atmos here), then I am totally in for this! Great price and the remixes and B-Sides are a good listen!

Back