INXS - "Kick" (30th anniversary edition with Dolby Atmos mix coming soon!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I listened to this album thousands of times in my youth. It is a must-have for me. But I will also wait for other vendors to list.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Looking forward to it! (although "Listen Like Thieves" was my favorite of theirs). Can't wait to see which direction Giles went (Sgt. Pepper or Love)

Yep Snood will be in tooooooooooo :banana:

And Yes Skherbeck, Thieves is much better:howl

WOOHOO, thanks for starting this thread Ryan.
Not my favorite album by them but still a good release to get, hope its done right.

some 35-40 years ago I go into my favorite record store and ask one of the employees, "I would like to get a album by this Australian band called "INKS", the employee has no idea what band I am talking about as I am just some dumb country boy who mangles the English language so person had a good laugh after I show him what album I'm talking about and he tells me its pronounced "IN EXCESS". OHHHHH...........

Wonder what other surprises we have coming still in next few weeks.........

This is an incredible release. Giles won’t have to use a mono mix as the basis for this one so hopefully it will have great dynamics and a slightly more adventurous mix to go with the more modern (than Sgt Pepper) recording tech. This is a must buy!

since Giles was criticized on Sgt Pepper for being a little too conservative, I wonder how this will sound when he has the power of atmos at his fingertips?

This definitely seems like an album where he could go a little wild. At least I'm hoping so.

I hope so too. Maybe without the the spectre of the almighty BEATLES and his fathers production history hanging over his head, he can be a bit more adventurous and use the width and immersion of discrete mixing to its fullest.

For fellow Aussies:

Delivery is only $1.69, but the set itself ...

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/music/browse/rock/kick-deluxe-30th-anniversary-fanpack-edition/541861/

I'm sure we'll find it cheaper to import.

Thanks for the link! I don't think that's too bad a price for a four-disc set, I was expecting more than $60 when I clicked. I've definitely paid more than that in the past. The "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" set from a couple of years ago comes to mind, still retailing for more than $20 more and with only a documentary on the DVD included. Still, I'll keep an eye on the import prices, might be able to bundle it with some other items and make the shipping worthwhile. :)

Looking forward to it! (although "Listen Like Thieves" was my favorite of theirs). Can't wait to see which direction Giles went (Sgt. Pepper or Love)

More Love is needed! As someone mentioned earlier I'm guessing Giles will be more experimental with Atmos (less conventional mix).

I hope DTS go down a similar path with music DTS:X releases. My understanding is that Atmos is mixed for specific speaker locations, whereas DTS:X is more object based with the final speaker mix processed based on the users speaker configuration at playback. I'm sure I read this in the early days of marketing for these new surround formats. Anyone confirm or have more info?

For fellow Aussies:

Delivery is only $1.69, but the set itself ...

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/music/browse/rock/kick-deluxe-30th-anniversary-fanpack-edition/541861/

I'm sure we'll find it cheaper to import.

Amazingly great news.

Any Aussie that listens to FM radio will know most of these songs. ( Never reslised how many singles were derived from this album.)

For those patient, JBHi Fi will likely have a 20% off sale prior to Christmas.

Equates to $48 factoring in this sale. ($AUD).

Stoked about this release....And the Atmos emergence.

Ordered.
At last, something new that hasn't done already that has wide appeal and is a great album.
How does this happen?!?! ;)

Ordered.
At last, something new that hasn't done already that has wide appeal and is a great album.
How does this happen?!?! ;)

How it happened at ALL...is a minor miracle...Atlantic Records did not like Kick...they gave the band a million dollars to go to Australia and record another album...they didn't even want to release Kick...under protest they did release it...and the rest is history...it's amazing how many times record companies have been so wrong...I wonder how many albums that we have never heard of..... were potential hits.... and died before they even had a chance to be heard...

I am excited for this release but would have rather seen a Bob Clearmountain 5.1 mix.
He was responsible for the original release and proved himself 5.1 worthy with Avalon, Legend, and even Reckless.

This is fantastic news!

I know how well this sounds when I crank up my good old stereo version.

This will be ear candy and then some. :smokin

Back