INXS - "Kick" (30th anniversary edition with Dolby Atmos mix coming soon!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mean are they only making 5,000 copies, like an audio Fidelity release?

In other words, is there any reason not to wait until the price comes down later?

Haven't seen anything on this release being limited, than again I'm not privy to information of total units made, sold etc.

I'm not so sure I understand...the price isn't going to come down for quite some time...right now you can get it from amazon uk for $34.25 delivered...what kind of price are you looking for?

Excellent point my man....so you know what??

Ordered! Amazon UK. Now I don't have to worry about the back and forth. Done..... :)

I ordered from the DiscoverMusic link that RT posted in #1, figuring that would likely be the quickest.
Kind of like ordering SW stuff from HeadPhone Dust or Burning Shed.
FWIW, the Discover site has a release date of 11/3.

I was just thinking that maybe they would eventually have a Blu-ray only release, kind of like the Led Zep CD only offerings vs the box sets. I agree $34 is a great price, if you value all the extras. I'm really just interested in the blu ray for the surround mix.

Has there been precedents for previous sets like this? Do they usually go in short supply? I'm gonna wait a bit.

I was just thinking that maybe they would eventually have a Blu-ray only release, kind of like the Led Zep CD only offerings vs the box sets. I agree $34 is a great price, if you value all the extras. I'm really just interested in the blu ray for the surround mix.

Has there been precedents for previous sets like this? Do they usually go in short supply? I'm gonna wait a bit.

Oh boy....sometimes waiting doesn't bode well. Let's put it this way. Is this a must own title for you...in terms of surround? If yes, I wouldn't mess around. Others have been burned by waiting.

$35 bucks.....you know. A few steaks on a Friday night.....which only give you indigestion. No long term value. That's how I look at it. :)

Even if they did offer a single Blu-Ray release, it would probably be at least $20 or more for it, so for me, the 4-disc set represents much better value. I would just go with the set as I'm fairly confident there will not be another configuration with the Blu-Ray.

:)

This is amazing news. And that price ... wow. Seems I recall the last Deluxe version that came out was like $75 and didn't have a surround mix...

Can't wait to get my hands on this one.

I think you are looking at this the wrong way....your idea of the title becoming cheaper a few months after the release is just the opposite of what generally happens...the pre order price USUALLY is the cheapest it will be for quite some time after the release date...I can't tell you for sure that this will happen with this release...but that has been the trend..and the chance of a standalone blu ray for this title seems very unlikely...so you are looking for a discount on this set...this release is sort of a wild card because it contains Dolby Atmos...which brings a wider pool of potential buyers to the mix(at least the company hopes it does)...

Has there been precedents for previous sets like this? Do they usually go in short supply? I'm gonna wait a bit.[/QUOTE

Look at it this way the 25th anniversary deluxe didn't have a surround Blu-Ray disc just a DVD video. And a new sealed is at around 115.00 on discogs right now. Like GOS says if you want it there's no better time then now.
Quite rare for a discounted sell off like the Aqualung box set, never seen that before. The price goes up as supply dries up and this release will sell out fast, its in surround and appeal will be high especially down under. I feel that Giles will show us what he can do on this project, with atmos he'll try and better the Love surround masterpiece.

Ordered from Amazon UK. You'll be shocked to know I'd never heard INXS, just listened on Spotify and loved it!

This forum is amazing! Although very expensive in the long run.:yikes

There are two fantastic 5.1 video discs that any INXS fan should have.
DTS Live Baby Live 5.1 live video concert at Wembley 1991.
DTS I'm Only Looking, The Best Of. 5.1 of there studio recordings to what I will call there MTV videos.
These two releases are super duper and I will be comparing the new Kick release to them.
Michael Hutchence is such a loss.

Has there been precedents for previous sets like this? Do they usually go in short supply? I'm gonna wait a bit.[/QUOTE

Look at it this way the 25th anniversary deluxe didn't have a surround Blu-Ray disc just a DVD video. And a new sealed is at around 115.00 on discogs right now. Like GOS says if you want it there's no better time then now.
Quite rare for a discounted sell off like the Aqualung box set, never seen that before. The price goes up as supply dries up and this release will sell out fast, its in surround and appeal will be high especially down under. I feel that Giles will show us what he can do on this project, with atmos he'll try and better the Love surround masterpiece.

Thanks for the feedback everybody. You scared me into a UK pre-order!

Yeah, I'll have to get this. Love INXS and that price is so much easier to swallow than all the Fleetwood Mac and other box sets. I really wish they'd do this for Shabooh Shoobah just so I can get a multichannel mix of "Don't Change", IMO, their best song and one of the best songs of the 80s.

Yeah, I'll have to get this. Love INXS and that price is so much easier to swallow than all the Fleetwood Mac and other box sets. I really wish they'd do this for Shabooh Shoobah just so I can get a multichannel mix of "Don't Change", IMO, their best song and one of the best songs of the 80s.

My favorite INXS song is The Stairs, I could and I do listen to them all day long. HDTracks has good hires downloads of INXS. There is a documentary about them more like a movie with different actors that really gets you to understand the band, it is called Never Tear Us Apart, highly recommend. The guy who plays Michael Hutchence is the same that played Long John Silver in Black Sails.

Back