Eagles Hotel California

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colsky

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
40th anniversary deluxe incoming:

CD: 1

1. HOTEL CALIFORNIA 6:30
2. NEW KID IN TOWN 3:04
3. LIFE IN THE FAST LANE 4:46
4. WASTED TIME 4:55
5. WASTED TIME (Reprise) 1:22
6. VICTIM OF LOVE 4:11
7. PRETTY MAIDS ALL IN A ROW 4:05
8. TRY AND LOVE AGAIN 5:10
9. THE LAST RESORT 7:25

CD: 2

Live at The Los Angeles Forum – 10/20-22/76

1. TAKE IT EASY 4:47
2. TAKE IT TO THE LIMIT 5:19
3. NEW KID IN TOWN 4:52
4. JAMES DEAN 3:50
5. GOOD DAY IN HELL 5:29
6. WITCHY WOMAN 4:20
7. FUNK 49 4:04
8. ONE OF THESE NIGHTS 3:52
9. HOTEL CALIFORNIA 6:49
10. ALREADY GONE 5:14

Blu-Ray (Audio)

DTS-HD Master 5.1 Surround Sound (96 KHz/24-Bit) PCM Stereo (192 KHz/24-Bit)

1. HOTEL CALIFORNIA 6:30
2. NEW KID IN TOWN 3:04
3. LIFE IN THE FAST LANE 4:46
4. WASTED TIME 4:55
5. WASTED TIME (Reprise) 1:22
6. VICTIM OF LOVE 4:11
7. PRETTY MAIDS ALL IN A ROW 4:05
8. TRY AND LOVE AGAIN 5:10
9. THE LAST RESORT

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/hotel-california-40th-anniversary-deluxe.701739/

amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076BWHMDP/
81s0MOgTfUL._SL1500_.jpg

Looks nice, but seems quite expensive for cd + bluray + short live cd. Hopefully the price will tumble.

I agree. The Moose is $76, so that's much better. I assume importCD will have it listed similarly to Moose, if not cheaper. I didn't see it on their site yet.

I really don't see any value here. Especially if you already have the RBCD, SACD and a few live videos like even the most casual of Eagles fans, such as myself, will most likely already have.

Is this set (currently) overpriced for the amount of material in it?
Yes, however, I'm still happy to see this set come to fruition in this way.
Why? First off, I'm glad they are going with Blu-Ray instead of DVD-V (like in the Fleetwood Mac sets).
That is very encouraging.
What is also encouraging about this set is that with the 5.1 mix being included in such a form, hopefully this will open up the possibilities of similar deluxe sets for their other albums.
Like how cool would it be if they released similar deluxe sets for "On the Border" and "One of These Nights" and included remastered versions of the original 1970s Quadraphonic mixes for those albums?
That's the kind of stuff we are hoping for!

:)

Another box of stuff I don't need! The DVDA is just fine for me. For that kind of $ you could just chase down the DVDA on ebay.

Like how cool would it be if they released similar deluxe sets for "On the Border" and "One of These Nights" and included remastered versions of the original 1970s Quadraphonic mixes for those albums?
That would be cool!

Why? First off, I'm glad they are going with Blu-Ray instead of DVD-V (like in the Fleetwood Mac sets).
What is also encouraging about this set is that with the 5.1 mix being included in such a form, hopefully this will open up the possibilities of similar deluxe sets for their other albums.

Weren't we really (unrealistically) hoping though for a Quadio style set of all their albums, rather than individual expensive box sets :confused:

It doesn't appear that the live video is included on the blu ray, and if not I think it's a missed opportunity. I'm sure there are people who didn't get the Best Buy version of the documentary, which (I believe) was and is the only way to get that concert video.

I agree - too expensive, and pointless for those of us who already have the Scheiner mix.

I really don't see any value here...

There may not be value here for some but for those that are new to surround or missed the opportunity in the past on some of these early releases I suspect it will be appreciated, but man music in surround IMO was never so ALIVE when was alive as it has been since it died...the King is dead long live surround! Keep 'em coming!

Weren't we really (unrealistically) hoping though for a Quadio style set of all their albums, rather than individual expensive box sets :confused:

Well if Quadraphonic mixes actually exist for "Eagles" and "Desperado", then they could still put together an Eagles 'Quadio' box set that has Quadraphonic mixes for "Eagles", "Desperado", "On the Border", and "One of These Nights" all included together.

However, when the Chicago box came out last year, I said that the Eagles were more likely to put out individual box sets of their classic albums (just like Fleetwood Mac had been doing) starting with "Hotel California" and look what we have here!

;)

Good points...for me the most important thing is that a surround mix is included...your mention of quad mixes of those 2 albums is an interesting concept...but the timing probably wouldn't work for an anniversary edition..On The Border was released in 1974 and One Of These Nights in 1975..these anniversary sets are in increments of every 5 years..so 2019 and 2020 would be the next dates...but I love the way you think:)

Back