Eagles Hotel California

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m betting it won’t sound as good if DTS Master Audio is used. Hopefully, there will be the better Dolby HD codec included. Then maybe, it might sound indistinguishable.
Huh... I've never had a problem with any DTS codec as far as sound quality is concerned. The lossy DTS is an improvement on AC3 Dolby Digital and the lossless DTS-HD Master Audio is... Well, lossless. Properly decoded lossless should sound the same no matter the codec. What, in your estimation, makes Dolby TrueHD better?

I’m betting it won’t sound as good if DTS Master Audio is used. Hopefully, there will be the better Dolby HD codec included. Then maybe, it might sound indistinguishable.

DTS-HDMA is lossless. There is no 'better Dolby HD codec'.

ImportCD is having a 10% off sale with promo take10

So, I have ordered this title with expedited shipping and tax for $71.71 compared to my previous order from Deep Discount with standard shipping $79.59

:)

Thanks! I ordered using this link. The product page listed a price of EU 39.49. At checkout somehow it was reduced to EU 33,19 (plus 3,33 shipping to U.S.)

Total $44.20

Almost too good to be true....

:yikes Dang, does seem too good to be true...but I ordered as well. I will cancel my importCD order....I think.... :)

ImportCD is having a 10% off sale with promo take10

So, I have ordered this title with expedited shipping and tax for $71.71 compared to my previous order from Deep Discount with standard shipping $79.59

:)

And wow! Thanks to andi-19hundred and 99 :) I will now cancel what I thought was a good price and replace it with a devastatingly great price from Amazon.de
Yes, $44 shipped to the US. I don't get that price, but I'll gladly take it.

And wow! Thanks to andi-19hundred and 99 :) I will now cancel what I thought was a good price and replace it with a devastatingly great price from Amazon.de
Yes, $44 shipped to the US. I don't get that price, but I'll gladly take it.

Same here for SNood cept mine was Amerzon :cool:

I couldn´t resist buying this yesterday after reading this thread.
I wondered if it was the box they were selling or an standalone version which not has been announced as far as i know.
Today it seems like they had made an mistake
https://www.amazon.de/Hotel-California-Eagles/dp/B076BWHMDP
Now it says it is an box that is sold and the price is up to EUR 96,99!
I guess we who have bought have really made a bargain!

I wondered if it was the box they were selling or an standalone version which not has been announced as far as i know.

pre-order price guarantee to the rescue

glad I bought two :)

pre-order price guarantee to the rescue

glad I bought two :)

I wish i had bought two also.
As i said i suspected that i might just get an standalone Bluray and in that case the price would have been quite high.
That was the only thing that made me wait some minutes with my order.
But then i thought i just as well should buy it in case it is only released in Germany as an standalone disc

OH wow. Not sure if the price guarantee will come to the rescue. Didn't this happen on some other title about a year ago and "whoever" offered it for some ridiculously low price and many of us snatched it up...only to eventually get an email saying the listing was wrong and our orders were cancelled? Yeah, it was SGT Pepper......remember that fiasco??

Nothing has changed from when I ordered, only the price. When I ordered yesterday, the listing was the same. It said box set and it listed the 3 discs in the summary. So I guess their mistake (if in fact it was a mistake) was the low price.

Nothing has changed from when I ordered, only the price. When I ordered yesterday, the listing was the same. It said box set and it listed the 3 discs in the summary. So I guess their mistake (if in fact it was a mistake) was the low price.

Well this is strange.
I must have bought mine after you and i was puzzled by the fact that it didn´t say "box" anywhere and the other 3cds where not mentioned.
It just said "Bluray audio".
I guess they where doing changes during the day.
If we will get the discs for this price is something to just hope for.

I think its one of those where they put a few sets at price X, get some interest & sales, then up the price. There have been quite a few like that which SDE has highlighted as a bargain, normally Amazon Italy, yet when I've gone there the price has gone up. But I've been lucky on a few, including the Eagles. When I follow the link on my cheap order confirmation email it goes to the new expensive price so looks Ok for us lucky few. Though I wouldn't have paid the full price as I have it on DVD-A & Japanese 5.1 SACD...............and its not my favourite Eagles album.............come on Rhino give us an Eagles Quadio!

I think its one of those where they put a few sets at price X, get some interest & sales, then up the price. There have been quite a few like that which SDE has highlighted as a bargain, normally Amazon Italy, yet when I've gone there the price has gone up. But I've been lucky on a few, including the Eagles. When I follow the link on my cheap order confirmation email it goes to the new expensive price so looks Ok for us lucky few. Though I wouldn't have paid the full price as I have it on DVD-A & Japanese 5.1 SACD...............and its not my favourite Eagles album.............come on Rhino give us an Eagles Quadio!

I think you are right about the pricing..for that to work for amazon they would have to start out at the low price...from day one...because if they didn't they would have to give the cheaper price to all those that ordered from the start...that is amazon's policy...and in this case that appears to be what happened...I already have a surround version so I'm not interested in this one...but I am concerned...my friend Gos has ordered a copy of this release...and if there is damage to his set this could be trouble for the Germans...I've already given this information to the American consulate in Germany...let's just hope for a damage free delivery for Gos

Back