Eagles Hotel California

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you are right about the pricing..for that to work for amazon they would have to start out at the low price...from day one...because if they didn't they would have to give the cheaper price to all those that ordered from the start...that is amazon's policy...and in this case that appears to be what happened...I already have a surround version so I'm not interested in this one...but I am concerned...my friend Gos has ordered a copy of this release...and if there is damage to his set this could be trouble for the Germans...I've already given this information to the American consulate in Germany...let's just hope for a damage free delivery for Gos

And, I thought about the damage factor. I have really no idea how Amazon will package this box set.

Its a long swim, and I wouldn't want to be on the shore when he emerged clutching his battered Eagles Box Set!

I think you are right about the pricing..for that to work for amazon they would have to start out at the low price...from day one...because if they didn't they would have to give the cheaper price to all those that ordered from the start...that is amazon's policy...and in this case that appears to be what happened...I already have a surround version so I'm not interested in this one...but I am concerned...my friend Gos has ordered a copy of this release...and if there is damage to his set this could be trouble for the Germans...I've already given this information to the American consulate in Germany...let's just hope for a damage free delivery for Gos

Its a long swim, and I wouldn't want to be on the shore when he emerged clutching his battered Eagles Box Set!

I'm just hoping that the only thing "battered" is the Box!...I've already prepared myself for his plethora of posts about the shipping..."I can't find any record of the shipping"..."it says it's dispatched...but to whom...do any of you know what the mail service is called in Germany"...and of course a lot of his posts will be directed toward HIS previous posts...he gets so entrenched in posting to himself in the 3rd person persona that he forgets we are still here:confused:..it will be an adventure...no doubt:)

It's easy - I own "Hotel California" as DVD-Audio from 2001. So I need not the overpriced new version (€99). Meanwhile the labels has find out, that some fans pay many Money for the second or third etc. "News" from the same souce.

I'm just hoping that the only thing "battered" is the Box!...I've already prepared myself for his plethora of posts about the shipping..."I can't find any record of the shipping"..."it says it's dispatched...but to whom...do any of you know what the mail service is called in Germany"...and of course a lot of his posts will be directed toward HIS previous posts...he gets so entrenched in posting to himself in the 3rd person persona that he forgets we are still here:confused:..it will be an adventure...no doubt:)

hahaha - dammit.....you may be wrong...but you may be right..... ladadadada....:mad:@:

Got it for $62.78 including standard shipping from importcd. They are listing at $65.32 but still have 10% off promo

Not a very good scan, but here's what the back cover looks like (courtesy of amazon):
61EL3UZfBPL.jpg

:)

It's easy - I own "Hotel California" as DVD-Audio from 2001. So I need not the overpriced new version (€99). Meanwhile the labels has find out, that some fans pay many Money for the second or third etc. "News" from the same souce.

Sure, but in this instance not everyone (actually only a small percentage, I'm sure) has a DVD-A player. Blu-Ray is the new default physical media.

Listening to the DVD-A this morning. What a truly outstanding album it is. I’ve always placed it in my top 3, depending on my mood. If you don’t already own the DVD-A and or SACD...this is a must have. Definitely up there with DSOTM Quad and Division Bell 5.1 for me surround wise.

Well Amazon Germany processed Snood order for a total of 44.20 dollars :yikes:banana:

Charged me says will be shipping Nov 27th :banana::cool:

Well Amazon Germany processed Snood order for a total of 44.20 dollars :yikes:banana:

I was too late in cancelling my order (was gonna wait for Christmas and prolong the expense) so I'm gonna get it this Friday along with "Kick" (INXS)

Ok, just got it from amazon.de. Looks great but I cannot open it right now because I have still some 'work' to do. :(

People who are concerned about the packaging can relax. It's packaged well by the manufacturer.

Cheers,
Andreas

Attachments

• WP_20171124_13_45_39_Pro.jpg
    WP_20171124_13_45_39_Pro.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 234
  • WP_20171124_13_47_33_Pro.jpg
    WP_20171124_13_47_33_Pro.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 239
  • WP_20171124_13_47_16_Pro.jpg
    WP_20171124_13_47_16_Pro.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 244
Excellent! I kept expecting this incredible deal to fall through, but the $44.20 short-time special (mistake?) seems to have worked.:)

As did you, I received shipment notice. I see the price is up to 97 Euros now! :yikes

It seems like i will also get my package some day between 2- 5th of dec.

I paid EUR 41,49

If i would like to buy another one i would have to pay EUR 72,99.

I received my box set yesterday and arrived via Amazon US in almost perfect condition. One very slight upper right corner bend and one ding upper left.
Things I Like: Lots Of photos, not a lot of writing.
Things I don’t like: It is really big for the contents. It should have been slimmed down and packaged like Eric Clapton’s Give Me Strength box set.
I am going to need to rethink my purchases. Buying all these new box sets when I already own the DVD Audios seems to be a waste of money.

I hate to be such a sour puss because I usually find good in all, but not this release. I totally wasted $89.00. Compared it to my DVD-A and I super duper prefer the DVD-A. The DVD-A has a more up front mix at Advanced Resolution, PCM 96Khz, pictures and lyrics on screen. The sonic quality of the DVD is maybe not as pure as the Blu Ray meaning more perfect, but I am not looking for only perfect sound quality, I am looking for the MIX, how the surround uses my 5.1 speaker system, and the new BD, blows it.
My new box set is one day old and feel like I want to sell it right now, out of hundreds of surround titles and thousands of discs, I have never been so upset.

As a counter-post to marpow's post, I just opened up my "Hotel California" box set, and while I was flipping through my box set, I played the title track off of the SACD followed by the same track on the Blu-Ray, and I struggled to hear any difference between the two at all, and I know this mix very well!

The Blu-Ray is authored in the same manner as The Doors' Singles Blu-Ray and the Chicago Quadio box set (and presumably authored by the same person, Craig Anderson, even though a credit is not listed)
There's a simple 'pure audio' layout where you can switch between the two mixes by using your Blu-Ray player remote's colored buttons (Red for DTS-HD Master 5.1 surround & yellow for PCM stereo)

If Steve Woolard (ForagingRhino) ends up reading this post, first off, let me once again say thanks for including the 5.1 surround mix in this box set and especially on Blu-Ray! It's practically the only reason I bought this set, so there's that.

However, I fail to understand how this set costs $90 when it only contained three optical discs, a few posters, and a book that barely contains any text.
It just seems like this set should cost no more than $70. That's all I have to say about that.

Hope we will get more Eagles albums on Blu-Ray audio in the future, especially remastered versions of the Quadraphonic mixes of "On the Border" and "One Of These Nights"!

I hate to be such a sour puss because I usually find good in all, but not this release. I totally wasted $89.00. Compared it to my DVD-A and I super duper prefer the DVD-A. The DVD-A has a more up front mix at Advanced Resolution, PCM 96Khz, pictures and lyrics on screen. The sonic quality of the DVD is maybe not as pure as the Blu Ray meaning more perfect, but I am not looking for only perfect sound quality, I am looking for the MIX, how the surround uses my 5.1 speaker system, and the new BD, blows it.
My new box set is one day old and feel like I want to sell it right now, out of hundreds of surround titles and thousands of discs, I have never been so upset.

I would have thought the DVD-A and the BD MC would be the same mix. They prepared a new MC mix for this?

Back