Disturbing the Universe - new hi-res 2.0, 4.0, 4.1 and 5.1 album - An Underdog Story

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK Y'all. Mike sent me a copy of the 5.1 of this, his album, and you'll have to excuse my French, but THIS IS FUCKING FANTASTIC!!! I don't even know where to start, but WOW. WOW. WOW.

What a professional release, and I can't believe how great it is and how wonderful the 5.1 mix is. I am telling you all now, this is for real. It's so accessible to listen to, and the quality of the performance and songwriting is TOP NOTCH. I kid you not. Forum members send me stuff a lot, and I have to say that on first listen, this is the absolute best and most astonishing thing anyone's ever sent me - and that includes professional stuff.

Mike and his mates should be DAMN PROUD of this effort, because track after track I just sat there and smiled and thought to myself "What a great disc this is".

The 5.1 mix is Steven Wilson quality, if not better. I can't believe I am writing that, but it really is. :yikes

I am telling you all right now, listen to this disc and tell me I'm wrong. I'm not.

I can't wait to listen to this over and over in the car and get into it more. I really can't say anymore, but if you can, get this release.

No kidding.

:wave

Hello mike.. I wanted to thank you for getting the Blu-ray combo disc out to me in a timely fashion I finally was able to give a good listen to it today and I agree completely with Jon not much more I can add but this
You and your team did a fantastic job on the production/mix you’re fine drummer/ musician / writer and appeares you wear many hats. I think it just goes to show you if you have a passion for something anything’s possible...great job. I look forward to delving deeper into it now that I’ve got a few weeks to recharge.

Hello mike.. I wanted to thank you for getting the Blu-ray combo disc out to me in a timely fashion I finally was able to give a good listen to it today and I agree completely with Jon not much more I can add but this
You and your team did a fantastic job on the production/mix you’re fine drummer/ musician / writer and appeares you wear many hats. I think it just goes to show you if you have a passion for something anything’s possible...great job. I look forward to delving deeper into it now that I’ve got a few weeks to recharge.

This warms my heart more than you can know. I feel so incredibly fortunate to have been involved in some good music, and to have written enough of it to put together an album. I can tell you that the blu-ray would quite probably not have happened if Jon had not made his post. The cost of a cd/bd set is pretty high, and thus risky to produce. I had the option of doing a cd/avchd set, which would give the listener stereo in standard res and 5.1 in hi res, but nothing else. I really wanted to showcase the 4.0 & 4.1 mixes that had been made though. Plus there are a few other goodies on the blu-ray...
I was so encouraged by what Jon wrote that I felt the album really deserved the best I could offer.

Thanks Mike. My CD/BD-A arrived today, that's a quick journey to the UK, especially over the Christmas holidays. Mind you I almost got stuck last night driving back late last night, two detours due to three deeply flooded and closed roads. I prefer snow!

Pleased to report I received my copy today here on the other side of the Bay, with an unexpected companion:

bd4c893aab5d07e44e199e6e47a8adbc.jpg

Much appreciated! Thanks, Mike!

Wow the CD/BR disc arrived way ahead of when I was expecting Kudos Mike quick to post and cheaper than most.
Had a quick listen to the CD yesterday, and the Blu Ray is playing as I write this. Nice album and nice touch with all the options if only HFPA discs had been this good maybe they would have lasted.

Keep up the good work look forward to more from the EB
/MV camp.

Any chance of getting a poll up for this??

I know its not mass released so to speak, but it is from one of our own on QQ and would be koo to see it listed:smokin:banana:

There is one now.
Mike requested a poll a while ago, but I didn't think it made sense to put a poll together until there was a physical disc release with all surround sound mixes on there.

:)

Updated sales info, y'all:

I decided to create an eBay listing, just because I figure more random strangers are searching for BD-A surround music on eBay, than on Bandcamp, though I have no data on that. I was excited to see that I can directly donate all proceeds of the eBay sales to my charity of choice: Doctors Without Borders. That makes it easier for me to keep track (though I will still have to from Bandcamp and Mike's and Jan's stores).

Disturbing the Universe on eBay
Only 15 left, so grab them up! Especially before the forthcoming interview is released, making me super-famous! :D:p:ROFLMAO::SB(y):sneaky::phones:giggle:;)

The download will be up on Jan's site as long as he feels like it!

Disturbing the Universe on surroundmusic.one

And it's available on 4.0 reel to reel tape too, through mlrocker's eBay store.

Disturbing the Universe 4.0 rtr on mlrocker's eBay store

However you come by the album, I hope you enjoy (something on) it and to see you at the polls! :51QQ

In case you ever wondered what the hell I'm singing, two more lyric videos:

Dancing Skeletons (of Macina)
[Video suppressed by artistic prerogative - see new and improved video posted on the next page]

Skeleton Dance
[Video suppressed by artistic prerogative - see new and improved video posted on the next page]

Dancing Skeletons continues to be one of my favorite pieces. The empathy expressed. And if you compare the DtU composition to the Out the Window version, I'm really proud of how the track developed. Skeleton Dance is a companion piece, using some remixed elements.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Back