Rush - A Farewell to Kings 40th anniversary box set (Steven Wilson 5.1 mix included)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What I find interesting is that we are getting a Steven Wilson remix. Looking back, when Steven gets involved with a band he tends to do repeats versus "one of a kind", so packaging aside, my crazy take is that the future looks bright for more SW RUSH remixes and who knows if multis for Permanent Waves and Hemispheres have been located???:smokin

I own all three 5.1 RUSH blu rays and I enjoy them but I'm aware of the controversy with the surround mixes, so its phookin fantabulous that SW is remixing Farewell To Kings.

I personally think anybody who doesn't blast Xanadu as loud as their system can go is as mad as a march hare or a masked bandit who steals bright colored flowers. :mad:@:

I personally think anybody who doesn't blast Xanadu as loud as their system can go is as mad as a march hare or a masked bandit who steals bright colored flowers. :mad:@:

agreed, Xanadu is such a fantastical piece of music (fantasy like) that it is a perfect candidate for surround. The whole song has always sounded 3-D to me even in stereo that an Atmos mix would be the perfect vehicle to release that songs magic.

Cygnus X-1 is another perfect candidate for surround but sadly we only get one half of it (Book 1) here.

BTW, I don't envy Steven having to surround Cygnus X-1. Talk about exhausting. I'm sure Rush had to really "on" that night anytime they decided to perform it on stage. Trying to place every sound in surround in 5.1 would be mind-numbing

I own all three 5.1 RUSH blu rays...
There are actually five existing Rush DVD-A/Blu-ray album releases:

- Fly By Night
- A Farewell To Kings
- Moving Pictures
- Signals

All were mixed by the band's (and producer Nick Raskulinecz's) go-to guy—a sort of house engineer—Richard Chycki, which makes it all the more surprising that they should change course now and revisit an album that's already been done.

Last edited:

- Fly By Night
- A Farewell To Kings
- Moving Pictures
- Signals

All were mixed by the band's (and producer Nick Raskulinecz's) go-to guy—a sort of house engineer—Richard Chycki, which makes it all the more surprising that they should change course now and revisit an album that's already been done.
I have all 5 and like them all.

- Fly By Night
- A Farewell To Kings
- Moving Pictures
- Signals

I think he just meant the HFPA ones. But since we're rolling up Rush in 5.1, let's not forget Snakes & Arrows.
It has a few clunkers, but a few great songs too. I'd love to see it at least released in hi-res, instead of just DD.

in for one amazon pre-order. a SW 5.1 mix of a RUSH album is an amazing combination. he definitely improves the sonics of every 5.1 mix i have heard by him. he does have a history of remixing a series of albums by an artist such as King crimson, yes, tears for fears (Still waiting on seeds of love). so lets hope this leads to more RUSH albums done by SW.

Hmmm... this could get interesting. I get 3% back from Amazon when I use their CC. But ImportCD often gives a few dollars off... decisions, decisions...

Amazon is going to charge you tax aren't they...do yourself a favor...put Farewell in the shopping cart on importcds...and leave it in there for awhile.....maybe you might draw a $5.00 discount...I did(y)

Amazon is going to charge you tax aren't they...do yourself a favor...put Farewell in the shopping cart on importcds...and leave it in there for awhile.....maybe you might draw a $5.00 discount...I did(y)

$8.02 tax for me when I put it in my Amazon cart. Total comes to $136.26
For me - Moose is still cheaper a bit.

You know what's funny....they gave me a $5 coupon 1 time and 1 time only. I have put stuff in my cart and left it over and over and over. Nothing....not sure I get it.

I wonder if it's tied to one's public IP address or something like that? Maybe Mr. Eastwood refreshes his daily and we don't??? :mad:@:

Acoustic Sounds now has it listed....for the low, low price of $149.98
And, that doesn't include shipping as they only offer free shipping on in stock items. :rolleyes:

$8.02 tax for me when I put it in my Amazon cart. Total comes to $136.26
For me - Moose is still cheaper a bit.

Right now using my $5 discount code my delivered price would be $113.70 on importCDs...so that's $16 and some change cheaper than the moose...HOWEVER....this set contains 4 LP's and I know if I go with the Moose I don't have to worry about the packaging...now importCD's have been fine on the heavier box sets...unlike the single discs which have a paper thin outer cover...and when you order a jewel box disc there is a good chance it will be cracked....so for $16 cheaper I have to consider importcds...

Right now using my $5 discount code my delivered price would be $113.70 on importCDs...so that's $16 and some change cheaper than the moose...HOWEVER....this set contains 4 LP's and I know if I go with the Moose I don't have to worry about the packaging...now importCD's have been fine on the heavier box sets...unlike the single discs which have a paper thin outer cover...and when you order a jewel box disc there is a good chance it will be cracked....so for $16 cheaper I have to consider importcds...

And, ImportCD will extract your money now. Moose waits till it ships.

Back