Rush - A Farewell to Kings 40th anniversary box set (Steven Wilson 5.1 mix included)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And, ImportCD will extract your money now. Moose waits till it ships.

Here we go again:ugham:...they don't charge you until it ships...what they do is run your credit card to see if you have enough left to pay for the purchase..it will show up in your "pending" area of your credit card website...but it isn't activated until the shipping process starts...I've made quite a few orders from them and they never charged me when I first purchased the item...

Look under credit card charge HERE

Here we go again:ugham:...they don't charge you until it ships...what they do is run your credit card to see if you have enough left to pay for the purchase..it will show up in your "pending" area of your credit card website...but it isn't activated until the shipping process starts...I've made quite a few orders from them and they never charged me when I first purchased the item...

Whoa - really? I misunderstood totally about ImportCD then. I "swore" when I ordered News of The World box, that it instantly went against my paypal account. Heck, I know it did, becasue they gave me a refund when I cancelled. :mad:@:

Whoa - really? I misunderstood totally about ImportCD then. I "swore" when I ordered News of The World box, that it instantly went against my paypal account. Heck, I know it did, becasue they gave me a refund when I cancelled. :mad:@:

Well yes...you are talking about Pay Pal....that's completely different...I am talking about a normal credit card transaction...

Well yes...you are talking about Pay Pal....that's completely different...I am talking about a normal credit card transaction...

Hell, all this time I've been avoiding ImportCD cause I didn't want to be charged for pre-orders. Seems like a bizarre thing to do, charge instantly for Paypal and not for credit card direct. My Paypal is linked directly to my credit card. lmao

Absolutely Correct. In the past few months I have placed multiple orders with both ImportCD/Deep Discount and your credit card is NOT charged until items are being shipped out. And I will state that shipments via regular mail from both have been pretty quick. And, seriously, their prices are pretty unbeatable.....but of course, not on everything.

BTW, I emailed both rushbackstage.com and SRO Management asking if the Blu-Ray could be made available in a less expensive package, to which they both replied that the Blu-Ray would only be available in the super deluxe edition set.
Oh well, so much for that...

:(

Mine came to $118.70 at importcds...BUT...there could be additional shipping fees due to the size and weight of the item....plus the Moose is pretty easy to track...not always the case with importcds....

It can even cost you more then you think, and I don't know when you are going to receive the thing if you live in Int Space Station...

Still not up on amazon.co.uk or .de & .ie :( I've seen it on SpinCDs but the chances of me buying anything from them again are zero, nearly 18 months to get anything out of them :mad:

BTW, I emailed both rushbackstage.com and SRO Management asking if the Blu-Ray could be made available in a less expensive package, to which they both replied that the Blu-Ray would only be available in the super deluxe edition set.

I did too, hopefully more will so they see that there is an interest!

Still not up on amazon.co.uk or .de & .ie :( I've seen it on SpinCDs but the chances of me buying anything from them again are zero, nearly 18 months to get anything out of them :mad:

That's strange that amazon UK doesn't have it posted....they are usually ahead of the US amazon...they certainly have plenty of time before the release date...

In other news, I'm freaking excited that Steven Wilson has mixed a classic Rush album!
This is at least as unexpected as Tales From Topographic Oceans.
Here's to hoping he mixes many more!

:51banana:

I emailed Smoldering Barn....I mean...Burning Shed to ask them if they will be selling this title. Hope to get an answer soon. :)

Sounds like Burning Shed will eventually list it. They are having troubles acquiring an accurate weight of the box set, and without that, they cannot set the shipping charges. So, once they get final weights, they will list it.

Sounds like Burning Shed will eventually list it. They are having troubles acquiring an accurate weight of the box set, and without that, they cannot set the shipping charges. So, once they get final weights, they will list it.

The ring weighs heavy upon them.

They haven't even replied to my email, thanks for the update! Amazing really and record companies wonder why they aren't making much money and also why 5.1 Surround isn't more successful, idiots!

I know I've bitched about this release, but I won't be held to ransom for a 5.1 mix on principle, as much as I'd love to support this release. For those that have bought it, I'm glad that they have included that nice soft velvet pouch. I assume that is so you can keep your newly bruised plums in a safe place so as they have time to recover before the record company grabs you by them again for the next Rush release! ;)

A Farewell To Kings is released again as 40th Anniversary Super Deluxe version, which contains a BluRay with a new 5.1 mix by Steven Wilson!

I know this doesn't belong in this thread, but it's a heads up, to distinguish between those mixes (maybe add the year of release to this thread?).

Back