Jethro Tull - "Heavy Horses" (New Shoes Edition) to be released in February 2018!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[video=youtube;tu7WkebXwZc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu7WkebXwZc&list=RDtu7WkebXwZc[/video]
:)
HhONX8q.gif

This is the first time they've used Pledge Music, right? Pretty interesting. Seems like Warner/UMG/whatever-corporation-owns-Chrysalis-now wouldn't need Pledge Music to pay for manufacturing upfront. Also odd that Amazon lists Rhino/Parlophone as the label. HMMMM! Maybe major labels are using Pledge Music to appeal to the pre-order/kickstarter type mentality?

Well Burning Shed have sold out of the version with the signed postcard, 500 copies if that gives folks an idea of how popular these sets are. I'm a little surprised that they have had that many pre-orders in just a few weeks and there's still a few months to go. Does anyone know how many of these sets they actually press for each release?

Well Burning Shed have sold out of the version with the signed postcard, 500 copies if that gives folks an idea of how popular these sets are. I'm a little surprised that they have had that many pre-orders in just a few weeks and there's still a few months to go. Does anyone know how many of these sets they actually press for each release?

Good question. I can only answer that they continue with these deluxe sets because they are reasonably successful. Money speaks...;) Of course the more popular albums initially, still sell well.

Good question. I can only answer that they continue with these deluxe sets because they are reasonably successful. Money speaks...;) Of course the more popular albums initially, still sell well.

The Jethro Tull sets are truly a great project in every sense. Fantastic bonus material, great book, photos, and excellent 5.1 mixes. I know I am in minority here and may get some heat, but I would really love these to continue, as I love Broadsword and the Beast and Walk Into Light. (as well as all the classic Tull albums)

Then again I like 91025 (as well as the classic Yes).

My interest in Jethro Tull mostly dies off after “Heavy Horses”, but as long as they keep remixing their albums in 5.1 Surround, I’ll still keep buying them!

I just wonder how long the 5.1 releases will actually continue. “Stormwatch” appears to be a certainty but everything else after that seems uncertain right now. Steven Wilson might agree to remix up to “Broadsword & the Beast” if he decides to continue on after “Stormwatch” but I’m fairly certain that if “Stormwatch” is not the end for Steven Wilson, “Broadsword...” most certainly will be.
Of course Jakko could always pick up when Steven decides to bow out.

All I know is that I’m really looking forward to “Heavy Horses” and once it is released, Jethro Tull will tie King Crimson for the most Steven Wilson remixes. (10 for each band.)

My interest in Jethro Tull mostly dies off after “Heavy Horses”, but as long as they keep remixing their albums in 5.1 Surround, I’ll still keep buying them!

I just wonder how long the 5.1 releases will actually continue. “Stormwatch” appears to be a certainty but everything else after that seems uncertain right now. Steven Wilson might agree to remix up to “Broadsword & the Beast” if he decides to continue on after “Stormwatch” but I’m fairly certain that if “Stormwatch” is not the end for Steven Wilson, “Broadsword...” most certainly will be.
Of course Jakko could always pick up when Steven decides to bow out.

All I know is that I’m really looking forward to “Heavy Horses” and once it is released, Jethro Tull will tie King Crimson for the most Steven Wilson remixes. (10 for each band.)

In the S&V review for Songs From The Wood they said Jakko will take over after Broadsword

https://www.soundandvision.com/content/jethro-tull-songs-wood-40th-anniversary-edition

The Jethro Tull sets are truly a great project in every sense. Fantastic bonus material, great book, photos, and excellent 5.1 mixes. I know I am in minority here and may get some heat, but I would really love these to continue, as I love Broadsword and the Beast and Walk Into Light. (as well as all the classic Tull albums)

Then again I like 91025 (as well as the classic Yes).

I totally agree. I'm relatively new to Tull, I'd heard quite a few of the more folky Tull tunes when I was in a similar band as a teenager, but they never really grabbed me back then, perhaps my prog 'sense' was just under developed at the time. These sets are really great, I think for me discovering the 70's period of the band has being fantastic, particular favourites being Thick As A Brick, Passion Play and Too Old To Rock 'N' Roll. I've purposely not gone out of my way to hear any of the albums before hearing them for the 'first' time on these sets and I'll be a little sad when the albums with the 70's line up end to be honest. I've not heard many great things about the 80's albums, but I'm a synth geek and born in the early 70's so I grew up listening to synth based bands like Depeche Mode and New Order etc in the 80's so I am sort of prepared for that inevitable 80's sound! I really can't see them stopping these sets now though, I'm pretty sure Jakko or someone else, maybe Bruce will carry it on...

I have another question for the Tull geeks ;) I have the original Thick As A Brick set, but as we all know this could do with a re-release to at least correct all of the audio issues and I'd personally like to see the authentic newspaper reproduction again too. This was the first Tull 'book' set so I imagine it was somewhat of a prototype and they were testing the water a bit and that's probably why there are only two discs with just the basic album. So my question, if they re-issue it is there any extra notable material or live shows from the period that could make up the extra CD(s) and DVD???

Last edited:
I just pre-ordered on BullMoose. I am 100% ignorant of this album, but these have been a delight.

Also, I need to feed the beast! More surround releases at this price and footprint! I can pay for, and store, a several Tull releases in the space occupied by the Hotel California 40th and the REM "Automatic For the People" box sets.

HH is delayed :( From Amazon just now:

Hello,

We're writing about the order you placed on December 09, 2017 (*******). Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below has changed, and we need to provide you with a new delivery estimate based on the new release date:

Jethro Tull "Heavy Horses (New Shoes Edition)(3CD/2DVD)"
Estimated arrival date: March 08, 2018 - March 09, 2018

Sigh.

Back