Gord Downie passes away

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So sad. Truly among my favorite bands. I was exposed to them through The Trailer Park Boys soundtrack.
Since then a lot of their music has touched my heart, my favorite album being World Container.

Favorite lyric:
'If I ask you a question
are you gonna lie to me?'

Is that your question?
'Cause that one is easy...

Also, R.I.P. John Dunsworth... Very sad in both regards. I will always think of them when I enjoy some TPB... :(

Thanks for sharing this. I DID take the time to read the link and there was lots to learn there. Sorry for your loss. I was not familiar with their career...

So sad. Truly among my favorite bands. I was exposed to them through The Trailer Park Boys soundtrack.
Since then a lot of their music has touched my heart, my favorite album being World Container.

Really nice to hear some love for Gord outside of Canada. He was not only a brilliant lyricist and musician, but also a genuinely fine human.

I find it interesting that "World Container" is your favorite. It is a good album, but in general The Tragically Hip's earlier material, from the late 80s and early 90s is more popular. Their string of 6 albums from "Up to Here" through to "Phantom Power" are amazing. "Fully Completely" is my favorite. If you haven't explored that far back in their discography, you definitely should!

Really nice to hear some love for Gord outside of Canada. He was not only a brilliant lyricist and musician, but also a genuinely fine human.

I find it interesting that "World Container" is your favorite. It is a good album, but in general The Tragically Hip's earlier material, from the late 80s and early 90s is more popular. Their string of 6 albums from "Up to Here" through to "Phantom Power" are amazing. "Fully Completely" is my favorite. If you haven't explored that far back in their discography, you definitely should!
I love all 3 of those. WC, somehow just resonates with me the most.
I pulled my Hip CDs out and will be rockin' them in the car for a while. <3

Sent from my TA-1025 using Tapatalk

Back