Jeff Lynne's ELO - Wembley or Bust blu-ray no 5.1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeff Lynne's ELO - Wembley or Bust blu-ray no 5.1:yikes

I was afraid of that. His last concert video was also only stereo. Most companies demand "5.1," even if crappy, so Jeff must feel strongly against surround. Too bad this is the kind of dense production that really can open up with a good surround mix.

I was afraid of that. His last concert video was also only stereo. Most companies demand "5.1," even if crappy, so Jeff must feel strongly against surround. Too bad this is the kind of dense production that really can open up with a good surround mix.

Well, at least the original UA pressing of OOTB decodes like it's QS on DPL II!!!!

Well, OK. I can cross this off my list. This is where I draw the line. Stereo blu-ray concerts will not be watched on my watch. :mad:@:
Sure seems odd....almost unprecedented. I mean, who, in 2017 releases a concert blu in stereo?

OK, enough of that. Now I'm off to get out my wallet for some surround stuff. :banana:

I'll pick it up, the last ELO blu-ray decoded in DPLIIx pretty good, and I love ELO. Actually there are many concerts where I enjoy the soundtrack better in upmix than the 5.1 mix offered, usually just audience and ambiance in the rear channels. Still a bummer, though. I really don't understand this Luddite approach many of these musicians have with discrete surround mixes.

Back