Off-Topic Posts from "A Farewell to Kings"

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can’t stand it anymore, this thread is driving me crazy, should I or shouldn’t I. My friend who is a record collector is splitting the box with me. I get the BD, and the CD’s, he rips the CD’s, he gets the records. We will work out the package, one gets it, one takes pictures. The ring is the problem. Well at least I am going to get to listen to this December 1st release.

This sounds more like a divorce settlement......so, who gets the kids?:yikes

But on a more 'serious note' don't discount Black Friday when Amazon blows out a lot of goodies for [sometimes] pennies on the dollar. :banana:

I can’t stand it anymore, this thread is driving me crazy, should I or shouldn’t I. My friend who is a record collector is splitting the box with me. I get the BD, and the CD’s, he rips the CD’s, he gets the records. We will work out the package, one gets it, one takes pictures. The ring is the problem. Well at least I am going to get to listen to this December 1st release.

Ok, literally EVERYONE is going to hate me for posting this but I'm only doing it to prove my earlier point about the music industry.

When you buy the set marpow and keep the CD's it is illegal (against the DMCA) for your friend to "rip" them and keep those copies. Under the DMCA, whenever a person sells or gives away their stamped CD's they are supposed to destroy any copies ("rips") they have made of those discs.

Personally, I couldn't care less what you do but my point is this box set is so expensive that it is compelling otherwise decent law abiding people into committing illegal acts and that's exactly how the greed of the music industry spurred people to start illegally downloading or "ripping" in the first place.

In other words, the music industry brought this on themselves.

Now, if they would have just issued a surround blu-ray + 2CD set for $30 hardly anyone would copy it, or feel "compelled" to copy it (split it with their friend).

If Hollywood inspired the music industry..

Hotel California
Bride of Hotel California
Son of Hotel California
Hotel California meets Rumours
House of Hotel California
Hotel California meets Simon and Garfunkel

Ok, literally EVERYONE is going to hate me for posting this but I'm only doing it to prove my earlier point about the music industry.

When you buy the set marpow and keep the CD's it is illegal (against the DMCA) for your friend to "rip" them and keep those copies. Under the DMCA, whenever a person sells or gives away their stamped CD's they are supposed to destroy any copies ("rips") they have made of those discs.

Personally, I couldn't care less what you do but my point is this box set is so expensive that it is forcing otherwise decent people into committing illegal acts and that's exactly how the greed of the music industry spurred people to start illegally downloading or "ripping" in the first place.

In other words, the music industry brought this on themselves.

Now, if they would have just issued a single surround blu-ray for $20 hardly anyone would copy it.

Let me clarify something...I don't hate you...I doubt anyone here does...BUT you have become an intolerable nuisance...you have destroyed the thread...embarrassed yourself...and forced us to muddle thru your moronic manifesto and rants against the music industry...I don't know if some music executive stole your girlfriend or his dog urinated on your lawn...but most of us have heard enough...if I didn't know better I would have guessed you were a teenager...not a 50 year old man...I didn't expect mensa club posts....but I wasn't expecting the breakfast club either...

Fortunately there is a remedy for us to provide relief from your rants...it's sad that I have to employ this method as this is a hobby for us and all members should be able to enjoy this forum and not have to deal with a malcontent with an agenda...but you have earned a spot in the coveted IGNORE button status...so I won't see your "theories" again....

I would remind other members here if they don't want to be subjected to these posts you can always use the IGNORE function....

I would remind other members here if they don't want to be subjected to these posts you can always use the IGNORE function....[/QUOTE

Or down voting would be good,......:chill

I hardly found Salsdali's post offensive as I also put my two cents in regarding the fact that since this IS the third time around for Rush's A Farewell to Kings in Hi Def 5.1, it would be nice, as Mr. S. states if they did release a stand alone BD~A [with the 2 RBCDS] for those who really don't want the kitchen sink.
...MOST especially the vinyl.

In the end and as we are all well aware for those who DO love these boxsets, it IS nice to know they are offering this deluxe edition for whatever the cost.

As far as delving into the machinations of the 'Evil Music Empire' ....... that's really become a moot point [in other words POINTLESS].

At least they're still giving us 5.1 remasters for our hungry Universal Players!

Prefer Olivia Newton John/ELO version of Xanadu to Rush

Never saw Rush look as good showing some leg action and skates. :mad:@: Oh Olivia :worthy

ZbdPjNY.jpg

Still on topic? Right? Yes? :rolleyes:

Never saw Rush look as good showing some leg action and skates. :mad:@: Oh Olivia :worthy

ZbdPjNY.jpg

Right on, Snood. Just watched the remastered BD~V recently!

And betcha [by golly WOW] Geddy Lee Weinrib* can't even roller-skate
:yikes

[*yeah, that's his real last name]

Last edited:

ZbdPjNY.jpg

I laughed out loud at this. I had a HUGE crush on ONJ, and watched Xanadu over and over as a young lad when it was on cable.

Since we're already been banished to off-topic-gulag, I just want to point out that Snood is a treasure.

Back