High Definition Surround Music Cards (DTS-HD Master Audio)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alexander J

Glad to be back on QuadraphonicQuad with the New Adventure.

Being developing number of innovative solutions for Surround Music Formats for over 15 years I finally come to realize that it is time to introduce a new product to the market that applies not only to stand along players but to PC and Mac Computers as a input devices utilizing match more popular portable USB storage media.

Please welcome our first release "Vivaldi Four Seasons and Concertos for Double Orchestra" performed by David Juritz and London Mozart Players and presented in 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio. It is available for Preorder from Amazon to be released on November 10th.
51rPZ2mjZ7L.jpg

More Classical Surround Music Titles are on the way to be released in 2017-2018:

1. Wagner: Overtures & Preludes
2. Johann Strauss: The New Years Concert in Vienna
3. Anton Bruckner: Symphony Nos. 7&8
4. Tchaikovsky Overtures: Romeo and Juliet, 1812
5. Chopin: Nocturns and Preludes
6. Stravinsky: The Rite of Spring, The Card Party
7. Tchaikovsky: Piano Concertos Nos. 1&3
8. Barber Symphonies Nos. 1&2
9. Brahms: Tragic Overture, Symphony No.1
10. Ravel: Bolero
11. Bach: Orchestral Suites 1, 2, 3; Tripelkoncert
12. Rimsky-Korsakov: Scheherezade, Russian Easter Festival Overture
13. Mozart: Symphonies Nos. 40&35
14. Mahler: Symphonie No. 2 in C minor 'Resurrection'
15. Sibelius: Symphonies Nos.5&7
16. Mendelssohn: Symphonies Nos. 4'Italian' & 5'Reformation'
17. Brahms: Academic Festival Overture, Symphony No.4
18. Mussorgsky: Pictures at an Exhibition, Night on the Bare Mountain, Stokovsky Transcriptions
19. Rimsky-Korsakov: Sadko, The Snow Maden, The Tale of Tsar Saltan
20. Tchaikovsky: Suites from Swan Lake, Sleeping Beauty, The Nutcracker
21. Respighi: Pines of Rome, Fountains of Rome, The Birds
22. Shostakovich: Symphony No.7 'Leningrad'
23. Mozart: Symphonies Nos. 41'Jupiter' & 38'Prague'
24. Tchaikovsky: Symphonies Nos.5&6 'Pathetique'
25. Shostakovich: Symphonies Nos. 5 & 9
26. Beethoven: Symphonies Nos.3'Eroica' & 8
27. Mahler: Symphony No. 9
28. Mozart: REQUIEM
29. Holst: The Planets
30. Dvorak: Symphonies Nos.8&9 'From the New World'
31. Shostakovich: Symphonies Nos.2&12
32. Beethoven Symphonies Nos.4&7
33. Beethoven Symphony No.9 'Ode to Freedom'
34. Beethoven Symphonies Nos.5'Fate'&6
35. Beethoven: Symphonies Nos.1&2
36. Rachmaninoff: Symphonies Nos. 2&3
37. Rachmaninoff: Piano Concertos Nos.2&3
38. Beethoven/Mendelsohn: Violin Concertos

Please post your comments and questions.
I will be glad to answer and advice on all technical and content issues.
All the Best.

Alexander

To start your Journey,
if you would like to use your computer as an input devise please download free 5kplayer to enable 7.1 DTS -HD playback on your PC or Mac.

Amazon has this listed as Blu-ray, then under "edition" it says USB music card... does that mean you get a USB card AND a Blu-ray when you order? It's a little confusing. Also, are these mixes ultra-discrete in the rear channels (like Tacet recordings) or are they more traditional classical surround mixes (with ambient sounds in the rear channels)? Also, are these new recordings or have they been previously released in another format?

Amazon has this listed as Blu-ray, then under "edition" it says USB music card... does that mean you get a USB card AND a Blu-ray when you order? It's a little confusing. Also, are these mixes ultra-discrete in the rear channels (like Tacet recordings) or are they more traditional classical surround mixes (with ambient sounds in the rear channels)? Also, are these new recordings or have they been previously released in another format?

Thank you for the very constructive question.

Yes, these new High Definition Music Card releases will be listed in Blu-ray section of Amazon as they featuring M2TS Blu-ray specification video transport stream but it is no need to include physical disc as fare as all modern Blu-ray players have a USB input port. I am quite familiar with Tacet recording production and considering it to be one of the best, if you really like ultra descrete surround experience that supported by original composer score and performance you should really experience Conceros for Double Orchestra tracks on Vivaldi release, this is great multichannel recording originally released on DVD-Audio by Naxos and later licensed by me for HD DVD and Blu-ray Audio. However these releases are not available anymore as a single discs they will have a new life on High Definition Music Card.

Thank you for the very constructive question.

Yes, these new High Definition Music Card releases will be listed in Blu-ray section of Amazon as they featuring M2TS Blu-ray specification video transport stream but it is no need to include physical disc as fare as all modern Blu-ray players have a USB input port. I am quite familiar with Tacet recording production and considering it to be one of the best, if you really like ultra descrete surround experience that supported by original composer score and performance you should really experience Conceros for Double Orchestra tracks on Vivaldi release, this is great multichannel recording originally released on DVD-Audio by Naxos and later licensed by me for HD DVD and Blu-ray Audio. However these releases are not available anymore as a single discs they will have a new life on High Definition Music Card.

Are all of the titles listed above recordings that have been available as Naxos releases?

Do you plan to reissue titles that have been released by other labels?

Are all of the titles listed above recordings that have been available as Naxos releases?

Do you plan to reissue titles that have been released by other labels?

From the list posted above besides featuring Vivaldi release Naxos recordings are:
1. Mussorgsky: Pictures at an Exhibition, Night on the Bare Mountain, Stokovsky Transcriptions
2. Tchaikovsky: Piano Concertos Nos. 1&3
3. Rachmaninov: Piano Concertos Nos. 2&3

Other recordings on this list are under license from ArtsMusic as well as Universal Music Group UK, however, the majority of this titles are my collaboration with Russian Philarmonic Orchestra in Moscow.

Alexander,

This seems like a really neat project.

Could you add the performing artists and the original record label to all of the entries on your list, including the Naxos items? This would make it more useful and much more interesting (and tempting).

I would assume that the these are all 24/96? Can you verify this?

Jim

Alexander,

This seems like a really neat project.

Could you add the performing artists and the original record label to all of the entries on your list, including the Naxos items? This would make it more useful and much more interesting (and tempting).

I would assume that the these are all 24/96? Can you verify this?

Jim

Yes, all our titles will be

24/96 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio unless I will receive the word from DTS to do DTS-X ;)

Here is an updated list:

Now available for preorder
Vivaldi Four Seasons, Concertos for Double Orchestra - David Juritz, London Mozart Players - Naxos of America

in the works to be released by the end of 2017-2018.

1. Wagner: Overtures & Preludes - The Robert Schumann Philharmonie (of Chemnitz, Germany) conducted by Oleg Caetani - ArtsMusic
2. Johann Strauss: The New Years Concert in Vienna - Strauss Festival Orchestra of Vienna on New Year's Eve. Conducted by Peter Guth - ArtsMusic
3. Anton Bruckner: Symphony Nos. 7&8 - Russian Philarmonic Orchestra - Surround Records
4. Tchaikovsky Overtures: Romeo and Juliet, 1812 - Russian Philarmonic Orchestra - Surround Records
5. Chopin: Nocturns and Preludes - Philip Remensky piano - Surround Records
6. Stravinsky: The Rite of Spring, The Card Party - Russian Philarmonic Orchestra - Surround Records
7. Tchaikovsky: Piano Concertos Nos. 1&3 - Konstantin Scherbakov piano, Russian Philarmonic Orchestra - Surround Records
8. Barber Symphonies Nos. 1&2 - Russian Philarmonic Orchestra - Surround Records
9. Brahms: Tragic Overture, Symphony No.1 - Russian Philarmonic Orchestra - Surround Records
10. Ravel: Bolero - Russian Philarmonic Orchestra - Surround Records
11. Bach: Orchestral Suites 1, 2, 3; Tripelkoncert - I BAROCCHISTI - ArtsMusic
12. Rimsky-Korsakov: Scheherezade, Russian Easter Festival Overture - Russian Philarmonic Orchestra - Surround Records
13. Mozart: Symphonies Nos. 40&35 - Russian Philarmonic Orchestra - Surround Records
14. Mahler: Symphonie No. 2 in C minor 'Resurrection' - Robert Schumann Philharmonic, Oleg Caetani - ArtsMusic
15. Sibelius: Symphonies Nos.5&7 - Russian Philarmonic Orchestra - Surround Records
16. Mendelssohn: Symphonies Nos. 4'Italian' & 5'Reformation' - Russian Philarmonic Orchestra - Surround Records
17. Brahms: Academic Festival Overture, Symphony No.4 - Russian Philarmonic Orchestra - Surround Records
18. Mussorgsky: Pictures at an Exhibition, Night on the Bare Mountain, Stokovsky Transcriptions - Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra, Jose Serebrier - Naxos of America
19. Rimsky-Korsakov: Sadko, The Snow Maden, The Tale of Tsar Saltan - Russian Philarmonic Orchestra - Surround Records
20. Tchaikovsky: Suites from Swan Lake, Sleeping Beauty, The Nutcracker - Russian Philarmonic Orchestra - Surround Records
21. Respighi: Pines of Rome, Fountains of Rome, The Birds - Russian Philarmonic Orchestra - Surround Records
22. Shostakovich: Symphony No.7 'Leningrad' - Russian Philarmonic Orchestra - Surround Records
23. Mozart: Symphonies Nos. 41'Jupiter' & 38'Prague' - Russian Philarmonic Orchestra - Surround Records
24. Tchaikovsky: Symphonies Nos.5&6 'Pathetique' - Russian Philarmonic Orchestra - Surround Records
25. Shostakovich: Symphonies Nos. 5 & 9 - Orchestra Sinfonica di Milano Giuseppe Verdi, Oleg Caetani - ArtsMusic
26. Beethoven: Symphonies Nos.3'Eroica' & 8 - Russian Philarmonic Orchestra - Surround Records
27. Mahler: Symphony No. 9 - Russian Philarmonic Orchestra - Surround Records
28. Mozart: REQUIEM - Russian Philarmonic Orchestra - Surround Records
29. Holst: The Planets - Russian Philarmonic Orchestra - Surround Records
30. Dvorak: Symphonies Nos.8&9 'From the New World' - Russian Philarmonic Orchestra - Surround Records
31. Shostakovich: Symphonies Nos.2&12 - Russian Philarmonic Orchestra - Surround Records
32. Beethoven Symphonies Nos.4&7 - Russian Philarmonic Orchestra - Surround Records
33. Beethoven Symphony No.9 'Ode to Freedom' - Russian Philarmonic Orchestra - Surround Records
34. Beethoven Symphonies Nos.5'Fate'&6 - Russian Philarmonic Orchestra - Surround Records
35. Beethoven: Symphonies Nos.1&2 - Russian Philarmonic Orchestra - Surround Records
36. Rachmaninoff: Symphonies Nos. 2&3 - Russian Philarmonic Orchestra - Surround Records
37. Rachmaninoff: Piano Concertos Nos.2&3 - Konstantin Scherbakov, Russian Philarmonic Orchestra - Naxos of America
38. Beethoven/Mendelsohn: Violin Concertos - Victoria Mullova, John Eliot Gardiner and Orchestre Révolutionnaire et Romantique - Universal Music UK.

Now we are going to do something exciting:phones
follow this link to download (Winter) part 2 Largo from Vivaldi High Definition Music Card Release
it is only 149MB and will take you a few minutes to download if you have a broadband connection,
use the link I posted above to play the file on your desktop with 5KPlayer or place it on a spare USB drive and insert it into your Blu-ray player USB port.
Let me know on any obstacles playing the file as well as your comments on quality of the recording:);)

Good luck with your journey.

I always welcome new companies/music to the surround scene. Very exciting!

Just a suggestion that it would be nice to also see FLAC files along with your m2ts files. Many here have their own music libraries on their computers and FLAC is the most prominent format. Although the software music player you mentioned plays m2ts DTS files, there are many who use other players that may not handle this nativly (e.g. Foobar). I have spent a lot of time learning and customizing Foobar to just jump over to another music player to play a few tracks. Many are also using high-end DAC's with special drivers (ASIO, USB, etc) that have been customized to play with their music software. It's not so simple as to just change music players.

Of course, we can also jump through hoops and learn to convert m2ts files to FLAC files. Will take some research time and downlaoding of additional software. I just think providing this in FLAC would be helpful!

And don't all newer Blu-Ray players that can play music through a USB drive input handle FLAC as well as m2ts? If yes why not make it multichannel FLAC only? Wouldn't that save costs from DTS licensing? I'm new to this arena, so feel free to correct me.

Yes, Everything possible in the digital world,
You can convert your surround music to FLAC, multichannel mp3 and number of other formats.
The question is a culture of usability of the format.
Digital Theater Systems from the day one put a lot of efforts to promote Surround Music and actually give me the Award on the First in The History "Surround Music Awards" for "The Best New Surround Music Composition" for the Technical and Artistic Skills what I showcased in my Fist Surround Music Project "Space or Dream of Life" People looking for DTS sound with excitement, ready to pay an extra for receivers featuring latest DTS codecs. However, the company is under new management now I am staying with the technology provider who actually understands and cherishes what I do.

Now we are going to do something exciting:phones
follow this link to download (Winter) part 2 Largo from Vivaldi High Definition Music Card Release
it is only 149MB and will take you a few minutes to download if you have a broadband connection,
use the link I posted above to play the file on your desktop with 5KPlayer or place it on a spare USB drive and insert it into your Blu-ray player USB port.
Let me know on any obstacles playing the file as well as your comments on quality of the recording:);)

Good luck with your journey.

Thanks for the sample. I'll check out some of the other releases. I transferred this to my Odroid C2 running Libreelec. It plays in DTS-HD 7.1 no problem. I agree that FLAC files would be easier to integrate with my library though. Probably easy to convert with DVD Audio Extractor

Thanks for the sample. I'll check out some of the other releases. I transferred this to my Odroid C2 running Libreelec. It plays in DTS-HD 7.1 no problem. I agree that FLAC files would be easier to integrate with my library though. Probably easy to convert with DVD Audio Extractor

Glad to hear that you downloaded the file and played with No Problem. Thanks Allot for Reporting.

FLAC files??? No Problem!
I will set up a download server so my good friends from Quadraphonicquad, AVS and Blu-ray forums, in addition, can download favorite tracks in FLAC format for archiving and librarian purposes.

However, the media that I am producing is design to be the secure copy-protected solution for the future development of the music industry, so I am sorry but please do not count that you can rip and copy to another drive the files from High Definition Music Card.

I have an Update,
and I am sure you guys going to like it,
I just consulted with my people, then another idea is instead of setting up a server to create a "Public Folder" on High Definition Music Card that will contain user editable files and data like useful links, credits and references to music performance, as well as you can place your own music files, pictures, videos, games - anything you want, also in this Folder I plan to feature favorite tracks from the album in FLAC format, eighter way we are going to give you your FLAC no worries ;):)

Just to let you know only a few Blu-ray players are capable of playback multichannel high-res FLAC files however they recognize them as a playable format you most likely will get no sound, but definitely, use these files for archiving and librarian purposes on your PC, Mac, and Media Servers.

Last edited:
Another addition to our future collection:
Grieg: Piano Concerto, Symphonic Dances, In Autumn.
Performed by Havard Gimse and Royal Scottish National Orchestra courtesy of Naxos of America.

I am actually want to show you smth very cool.:cool:
This is copy protected solution that came out from my friends in Kakasoft.
This File that you can download opens up in its own embedded application and actually playing 7.1 DTS Audio Stream.
It is in prototype stage and me not 100% sure that we can use it yet but you can take a look at how it may look like in the future.
Let me know if you can get surround sound from it in your configuration.:phones
Stay Excited!;)

I don't think selling music as an .exe file is a very good idea. If you want a big audience, I don't think you can escape FLAC.

And to top it off, you are appealing to audiophiles. Many audiophiles have high-end external DAC's. These DAC's require ASIO drivers from the manufacturers which work with specific types of music players (Foobar, Jriver, etc.). I don't think you can output general Windows audio through ASIO drivers (or even WASAPI). But I'm still learning and could be wrong, so I hope someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

I completely understand your passion for wanting to keep your content secure. Most attempts at encrypting files or keeping them proprietary have failed in the past. But you will definitely lose some customers if you block them from playing their music through their own software and DACs. And these days most people know the dangers that can lurk in a .exe file!

I don't think selling music as a .exe file is a very good idea. If you want a big audience, I don't think you can escape FLAC.

And to top it off, you are appealing to audiophiles. Many audiophiles have high-end external DAC's. These DAC's require ASIO drivers from the manufacturers which work with specific types of music players (Foobar, Jriver, etc.). I don't think you can output general Windows audio through ASIO drivers (or even WASAPI). But I'm still learning and could be wrong, so I hope someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

I completely understand your passion for wanting to keep your content secure. Most attempts at encrypting files or keeping them proprietary have failed in the past. But you will definitely lose some customers if you block them from playing their music through their own software and DACs. And these days most people know the dangers that can lurk in a .exe file!

Yep, this is only for you guys to learn smth new like I mention we probably not going to use it. FLAC it is going to be available as a substitution for archive purposes but again it does not play on majority Blu-ray players and I needed smth that does both desktop and standalone players for the same purpose you mention to have a big audience.

But generally, about security I recommend you to stay on the bright side of the force my skywalkers:)

I have an Update,
and I am sure you guys going to like it,
I just consulted with my people, then another idea is instead of setting up a server to create a "Public Folder" on High Definition Music Card that will contain user editable files and data like useful links, credits and references to music performance, as well as you can place your own music files, pictures, videos, games - anything you want, also in this Folder I plan to feature favorite tracks from the album in FLAC format, eighter way we are going to give you your FLAC no worries ;):)

Just to let you know only a few Blu-ray players are capable of playback multichannel high-res FLAC files however they recognize them as a playable format you most likely will get no sound, but definitely, use these files for archiving and librarian purposes on your PC, Mac, and Media Servers.
Hi Alex, nice to see you relaesing things again. I am not sure if I understand your FLAC comments regarding no sound (or Nosound? jk). I assume they will play just fine an a exasound mch DAC? Thanks.

Hi Alex, nice to see you releasing things again. I am not sure if I understand your FLAC comments regarding no sound (or No sound? jk). I assume they will play just fine and a exasound much DAC? Thanks.

Of course, Exasound DAC will play anything, it is most advanced audio playback unit and cost if I am not mistaken starting from $2000. My comment on FLAC was related to standard Blu-ray players, most of them will not produce sound from Multichannel high-rez FLAC files and in the opposite will play my M2TS content without any problems, also in terms of software I have people on AVS who mention that it will play with JRiver Media Center.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back