Jeck Beck Live at the Hollywood Bowl

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Svensson

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Has anyone received this and can vouch for the performances and sound quality? (Beware....Stereo Only) I just added it while filling out an Importcds order, seems like a worthy recap of his entire career given the chosen songs. Hopefully this wasn't discussed previously...I looked.

Has anyone received this and can vouch for the performances and sound quality? (Beware....Stereo Only) I just added it while filling out an Importcds order, seems like a worthy recap of his entire career given the chosen songs. Hopefully this wasn't discussed previously...I looked.
I purchased the download from HDTracks last week and it sounds great. That aside, the show is superb and he plays like an anthology of his career.
I have been thinking about ordering the CD for the car. Rough Boy with Billy Gibbons is fantastic.
Copied from Amazon.
In the summer of 2016, Jeff Beck celebrated 50 years of his musical career with a special concert at the famous Hollywood Bowl. The setlist reached back to his first recordings with The Yardbirds in 1966 and came right up to date with tracks from his most recent album Loud Hailer. As the evening progressed he was joined by many of the great musicians he has collaborated with over the years including Billy F. Gibbons, Buddy Guy, Jimmy Hall, Jan Hammer, Beth Hart and Steven Tyler. The show climaxed with the guests all joining forces for an exhilarating encore performance of Purple Rain in tribute to Prince, who had passed away a couple of months before the concert.

I purchased the download from HDTracks last week and it sounds great. That aside, the show is superb and he plays like an anthology of his career.
I have been thinking about ordering the CD for the car. Rough Boy with Billy Gibbons is fantastic.
Copied from Amazon.
In the summer of 2016, Jeff Beck celebrated 50 years of his musical career with a special concert at the famous Hollywood Bowl. The setlist reached back to his first recordings with The Yardbirds in 1966 and came right up to date with tracks from his most recent album Loud Hailer. As the evening progressed he was joined by many of the great musicians he has collaborated with over the years including Billy F. Gibbons, Buddy Guy, Jimmy Hall, Jan Hammer, Beth Hart and Steven Tyler. The show climaxed with the guests all joining forces for an exhilarating encore performance of Purple Rain in tribute to Prince, who had passed away a couple of months before the concert.

saw Him years ago with hammer band- must have been like 1975 or so. I gotta tell you, because of the low tech at the time, it was evident he was a studio musician, or he was having a bad night? Hammer band played opener
and I was memorized, like spell bound until Jeff came on, he broke the spell, and just disappointed me. Perhaps he was drunk? or other inebriation? I have to go with that as it was very popular then to be under the influence.

From what I understand it is available in 5.1 but it defaults to stereo...so you just need to select the surround version by using your player....read this review

My favorite Jeff Beck source is this concert

saw Him years ago with hammer band- must have been like 1975 or so. I gotta tell you, because of the low tech at the time, it was evident he was a studio musician, or he was having a bad night? Hammer band played opener
and I was memorized, like spell bound until Jeff came on, he broke the spell, and just disappointed me. Perhaps he was drunk? or other inebriation? I have to go with that as it was very popular then to be under the influence.

That tour was from May of 1976 to February of 1977. Interestingly the 77 leg of the tour was truncated, reportedly due to squabbling among the band. Nevertheless, I really love the resulting live album.

Jeff is a funny performer. I saw him one time where he was just leaning against things looking bored as snot. I closed my eyes and it sounded amazing, but the personal energy projecting from the performer was that of boredom and apathy. I have never gone back to see him since then (1989).

The good news is the warm-up act for that gig was Stevie Ray Vaughan, so it was by no means a wasted evening!

What city did you see him in?

Back