• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Selling my beloved Les Paul Deluxe Goldtop 1969-1972

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
(mods, either move or delete if you think it's not appropriate)

Letting go of the first and only guitar I've ever had.
Since I am in Spain, European buyers have the upper hand cause US buyers will get clobbered by S&H and Customs fees...
A thing of beauty-low action beautiful tone, original pickups, etc.

Was "restored" by an ex Gibson Luthier who lived in Kalamazoo and worked in the Gibson plant until it closed down, so he opened his own shop, his name was Aaron Cowles. His son is carrying the torch and still has the business going. I have the receipt from when he worked on it. He repainted it (even asked an ex workmate at Gibson to check what kind of paint to use) and transferred the fretboard and headstock to a new neck. It was about $1,000 USD...

The s/n was 104020 and it was stamped in the back of the headstock along with a "Made in USA" stamp.

Trust me , it is better than vintage....

Letting you guys know cause this is my favorite corner of the internet and would give you a heads up , just in case you wanted a beuaty like this in your collection...

You can see it in action on the video I posted a few years ago...
[video=youtube_share;VWOz474xAPA]https://youtu.be/VWOz474xAPA[/video]

Wow - it's a thing of beauty. I hope you get every penny a guitar like that commands. Thanks for telling us about Aaron, also. Good luck to you!

Good luck selling that thing and I mean that in a good way. It's a beauty. Don't undersell. If you're in no rush, you'll find someone who will appreciate it and not be afraid to pay you what it's worth.

And fear not, we'll call off the mods!! ;)

OK guys...it's SOLD!
Thank you Jon for your noble action, and thanks to all who chimed in!!!!

A new stage of my life is unfolding..and, if it actually comes through, it'll be ...BEYOND MY EXPECTATIONS!!!!!

ain't nothing like a new start!!!!!

Thank you to all the kind souls, good Karma , and...María Reina (the "Holy Queen María"...she's the only divinity I have believe in cause I was born on her day!)

Cheers in Quad!

:smokin

(mods, you can close this thread now and THANK YOU FOR YOUR KINDNESS!!! This is why this Forum is my favorite "corner" in the 'net!)

OK,
This one goes out to show everyone (most of you don't need convincing) how SPECIAL this Forum is.

A member sent me a PM and told me that he'll KEEP it for me , like pawning it but without "interest", and SENT ME MONEY...quite a bit!!!. I will SOON give him my guitar, which , hopefully, if all goes well, I will pay back and get it...

Now , this member is a "regular" in the Forum, and yes, we are like family, but, to be honest , I would have NEVER expected that from that member (!!!??!!) cause we had NEVER PM'd or ANYTHING!!!

We DO have a common friend, so that, in a way makes us feel comfortable.

What I want to say is this.

THANK YOU JON, and the member who payed for the Les Paul and everyone who is SO NICE!!!

and , let's not start with all the great QQers that I've come across and have "exchanged" conversions....

OK,
This one goes out to show everyone (most of you don't need convincing) how SPECIAL this Forum is.

A member sent me a PM and told me that he'll KEEP it for me , like pawning it but without "interest", and SENT ME MONEY...quite a bit!!!. I will SOON give him my guitar, which , hopefully, if all goes well, I will pay back and get it...

Now , this member is a "regular" in the Forum, and yes, we are like family, but, to be honest , I would have NEVER expected that from that member (!!!??!!) cause we had NEVER PM'd or ANYTHING!!!

We DO have a common friend, so that, in a way makes us feel comfortable.

What I want to say is this.

THANK YOU JON, and the member who payed for the Les Paul and everyone who is SO NICE!!!

and , let's not start with all the great QQers that I've come across and have "exchanged" conversions....

And THIS is why QQ needs to stay alive. The few hiccups along the way are far outweighed by these uncommon acts of kindness!?

What did it sell for? I have a mid-60s ES-175. Not for sale, just curious as to what vintage Gibsons are going for these days.

IMG_0017.jpg

Wow, someone got a really good deal. Depending on originality and condition, a late 60s Les Paul would sell easily for 5-6K US.

That person is special..AND the neck had been replaced (not so with the fretboard!)..but , yeah, as it is, with the original pickups and restored by a Gibson Luthier who used to make these...it could have been 4K+

Back