Requesting Updates to the Dolby Surround Audio Discography

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the updates fizzywiggs41, I hope to get sometime when I get home to review in depth. I was not sure if recordings that did not use an encoder should be included but I know a couple in the current discography so why not when some companies were just enhancing 2 channel stereo in a computer environment and using an encoder.

I never thought of including this title as it is a 2 channel recording enhanced to be played back in surround. I did not think it sounded very good when I auditioned it. But, in light of my comment above in the previous post I guess it could be included on the Dolby page since it is a catch all for a lot of different formats promoted as being Dolby surround compatible.

Thanks for the updates fizzywiggs41, I hope to get sometime when I get home to review in depth. I was not sure if recordings that did not use an encoder should be included but I know a couple in the current discography so why not when some companies were just enhancing 2 channel stereo in a computer environment and using an encoder.

To me "surround encoded " is surround encoded . Be it an external encoder or a system via mic array, such as Calrec , Ghent, London Box and other proven microphone encodes.

FWIW, you will note that McGill used a Dolby Encoder as well and my guess is that it was utilized to test or monitor their surround mic system .
Perhaps they did not want to pay royalties for it's commercial use ??

Back