Mimim Ambisonic decoder

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surround.sound.enthusiast

500 Club - QQ All-Star
So there's a Minim AD 7 Ambisonic decoder up for auction. From what I've seen, Ambisonic units (not including Meridian units) only seem to come up a few times a year if we're lucky.
And I've been watching for quite a while now, looking for one to add to my system (would really love to add an AD 10).

Minim AD 7

What I don't get from this listing is that it claims it was recently removed from a system, and was working in the system, yet the power adapter is not included? And they are offering
a 30 day return on the auction!? Minim used a 5-pin DIN connector, and stepped down from either 230VAC or 115VAC to 15VAC on two feeds. That's not an off the shelf power adapter.
Maybe the seller has another Minim unit they're keeping it for, or maybe they didn't realize the "importance" of this particular power cord/adapter?

Besides giving a heads-up that there's one for sale, I guess I'm just spouting, because this is the third Minim this year (the other two were AD 10's) without the power adapter. Dammit!
I guess I should build an adapter in advance of another nice unit coming up for sale...

Back