Need a help, Bob Marley Could You Be Loved (Legend)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winopener

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Hello gang,
i can presume nearly everyone has Bob Marley - Legend in some format, surround included (i do...). I know that's a question more inclined to other forum... but here i go.
The two copies i have of Legend are both Tuff Gong remasters... used to have a original but it came back from a friend badly scratched and he got me a new one.
But on the remasters Could You Be Loved runs 3.57, the standard album version.

If some of you have a early cd press or one of the few repress that kept the original mastering, could you check if the 3.35 version of "Could you be loved" does match the single on this video? In theory it should...

[video=youtube;-VUSpl-XtZI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VUSpl-XtZI[/video]

One point in which the difference is clear as a whistle is
2.01 on the video above,

1.46 on the video below
h**ps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr-yQaMbQ3o

where the first "could you could you could you be loved" on the single is clear and alone, on the album it has Bob covering it for a couple of seconds.

Easily the early mastering should have also the short version of No Woman No Cry (live) clocking at 4.04, not 7.03

Not a direct answer to your question, but since you referenced “No Woman, No Cry,” the original CD pressing which was Island Records had the short version. All Tuff Gong versions I have heard have the long version. I suspect that the Island CD has the version of “Could You Be Loved” that you are looking for.

If memory serves, the Island CD also had a shorter version of “Buffalo Soldier” (maybe a single edit).

Back