Led Zeppelin In Atmos

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate to play the part of uncle Grumpy here,but, taking into consideration the fact the HUGE aversion that "Jimminy Page" has had all his time to remixing LZ's catalog in MCH, I highly doubt that it's a legit MCH mix...my bet is that it's an upmix...betcha $20 ....

I hate to play the part of uncle Grumpy here,but, taking into consideration the fact the HUGE aversion that "Jimminy Page" has had all his time to remixing LZ's catalog in MCH, I highly doubt that it's a legit MCH mix...my bet is that it's an upmix...betcha $20 ....

Page and Plant allowed legal bootleg video copies of a few shows they did (one at the Solsbury festival, can't recall where the others were off my head), and they were in excellent surround!

Downloaded them from the Dimeadozen torrent site . . . may still be there (and, I repeat, it's legal!). At the end of one, Plant waves at the camera and says "enjoy your bootleg!"

:phones

Last edited:
Saw Ragnarok last night. Cool movie, coming from a guy who doesn't love all comic book movies.

I don't know what kind of sound my theater had, but it was kinda out in the boonies, so I doubt it was Atmos.

Anyway, I thought Immigrant Song sounded "ok," but honestly a little dingy compared to the rest of the soundtrack.

...and may I repeat...Page has NEVER made or let anybody mix ANY OFFICIAL MCH mixes from LZ's catalog...

The exception being the live How The West Was Won. (The "audio" volume on 2 DVDA's. Not to be confused with the "video" volume on 2 DVDV's with the same name.)

Last edited:
...and may I repeat...Page has NEVER made or let anybody mix ANY OFFICIAL MCH mixes from LZ's catalog...

That's the rub when it comes to Led Zeppelin....Page is a great guitarist...but he should have left the technical aspects to real professionals...he has such a stranglehold on the Zep catalog that we will never get any really outstanding audio from all those great songs...of course it has worked out well for him CHECK THIS OUT

You are probably talking about Kevin Shirley's involvement....

Is there drama or bad blood over this I'm not aware of? I know they made a CD reduction from it that was a fold down I believe (not a specific stereo mix) that didn't go over very well. Wait a minute... the same Kevin Shirley that mixes Iron Maiden albums?! Then I'm confused. I don't think HTWWW should win top mix awards but I thought it was a decent mix just the same. So what the heck happened to all those Maiden albums with the AM radiophonic vibe and the snare drum with more bass than the kick drum?!?!

The exception being the live How The West Was Won. (The "audio" volume on 2 DVDA's. Not to be confused with the "video" volume on 2 DVDV's with the same name.)

Yes, that IS Led Zeppelin...BUT I'm referring to their catalog/studio albums, i.e.
There's also the "Surround" mix of "The Song remains the same" DVD-V/BD which IS part of their "catalog" (though not a studio LP) with the same and only Surround effect being the gtr delay in the violin bow part of "Dazed and confused"....

Saw Ragnarok last night. Cool movie, coming from a guy who doesn't love all comic book movies.

I don't know what kind of sound my theater had, but it was kinda out in the boonies, so I doubt it was Atmos.

Anyway, I thought Immigrant Song sounded "ok," but honestly a little dingy compared to the rest of the soundtrack.

Saw it in Imax 3d. 3d was good, Imax immersive, sound was loud, Immigrant song is slightly over 2mins so it seemed like they stretched it
to fit scenes.
While the song refers to hammer of gods, I didn't feel it fit movie, but ok. couldn't tell stereo/mch just loud and encompassing.
Complex did have another theatre that had Dolby but was only 2d.

Back