Vinyls that sound great...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I think we need a new thread. Vinyls that sound great. I started this because I wanted to tell folks...anyone....who likes Motley Crue that I have a vinyl copy of Too Fast For Love and it sounds spectacular. I honestly don't know if it sounds better than whatever other formats may be out there...but I have to believe, that due to the genre and the age, that this is the very best this will ever sound.

MOTLEY RECORDS - ESM/MR 302

It's a white vinyl and I'm telling you, this thing is stone silent. And, it rocks super hard. I cannot believe how good this sounds...especially when you consider the band and the genre.

If you like this album, do yourself a favor and pick up this version. You will be blown away...it is super punchy and the dynamic range (only via my ears) is over the top. Wow!!

IIRC there IS a thread somewhere in the dark corners of the forum, but , to be honest, I'm too lazy to look for it...
Sooooo..I'll play along...

MOST of all the NEW vinyl is QUITE good and quiet, which is kinda surprising...an exception being Keane's "Under the Iron Sea" which SUCKED BIG TITT*!!!!!(same goes for all of Keane's LPs..really bad pressings)
Of all the stuff I could recommend I'd start with Donald Fagen's "Sunken Condos", clear vinyl,,,man I almost didn't even have to ClickRepair it...
Lately I've been going thru my old stuff and , except for the mid 70s to early 80's (the oil crisis and recycling the records , LABELS AND ALL!!...WTF??) , when companies like A&M started pressing their stuff in transluscent vinyl, they STILL hold up quite well...

Another exception is Fripp & Enos's "No Pussyfooting" -the latest DGM pressing in 180 grams..it is crackly as SHIT!

Of the NEW stuff, all of these are great;
Def Leppard (S/T)
ELP's Works I, II, and Love beach (the new 120g pressings from BMG, I've said it before and I'll say it again, Love Beach is the last BONA FIDE ELP record...I really don't know why it has got the bad rap, people get misguided by the atrocious cover, but they did what they had to do, they owed Atlantic one more LP and that's what they did... Black Moon is not bad, but I don't consider it to be a REAL ELP record and Greg's voice had gone REALLY dark...if there were one LAST REAL ELP record , it would be ELPowell!!! , and In the Hot Seat is just a waste of plastic!...and while we're on the subject...)
ELPowell- any sealed or NM pressing...this is by far , the LOUDEST LP I'VE EVER HEARD, it was PEAKING on my system..and I have it set at a low level!!!
ELP's Rome LPs from the box set also sound great- no surface noise and basically not even CLICKS!!!
Living Colour's "Shade"
Lindsey B and Christine McVie
Iron Maiden "Book of Souls"
Santana IV (could've been better, but it wasn't bad)
Tom Chaplin
Rush 1980's St Louis gig
Stick Men "Prog Noir"
Dave Matthew's Band "Crash" (another LOUD pressing! and yes, it was remastered from the analog tapes, it sounds reaaaaaly good...the CD is just a pale reflection!)
Metric "Synthetica" and "Pagans In Vegas"

:smokin

Back