Gentle Giant- Free Hand to be remixed by Steven Wilson?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peterzach

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
Is this the next to get the Steven Wilson treatment?

Someone at SHF posted this in a "GG 20 cd live" thread:

"Was reading MOJO or one of the other British rock magazines, can't recall which, today at Barnes & Noble and there was a short interview with Derek Shulman. He talked a little about the new Three Pieces Suite. Said Interview was up next for Steven Wilson treatment. Said Gentle Giant would never reform, but added that next year there will be a 20-CD Gentle Giant box set of all live performances. Should be interesting."

this was thread

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/20-cd-live-box-coming-from-gentle-giant.712073/

Is this the next to get the Steven Wilson treatment?

Someone at SHF posted this in a "GG 20 cd live" thread:

"Was reading MOJO or one of the other British rock magazines, can't recall which, today at Barnes & Noble and there was a short interview with Derek Shulman. He talked a little about the new Three Pieces Suite. Said Interview was up next for Steven Wilson treatment. Said Gentle Giant would never reform, but added that next year there will be a 20-CD Gentle Giant box set of all live performances. Should be interesting."

this was thread

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/20-cd-live-box-coming-from-gentle-giant.712073/

My order of preference would be "In a Glass House", "Free Hand", and "Interview", but if tapes are still missing for "In A Glass House", either "Free Hand" or "Interview" will do fine.
Wonder if they will include the Quadraphonic mix on a Blu-Ray release too.
If so, that would be a nice bonus getting that mix in high-res!

:)

My order of preference would be "In a Glass House", "Free Hand", and "Interview", but if tapes are still missing for "In A Glass House", either "Free Hand" or "Interview" will do fine.

Freehand please and get the damn channels right this time!

I needed to fix the thread because someone else on SHTV says that this was the quote from Classic Rock magazine:
"We're looking at remixing Free Hand, with a couple of out-takes;"

I needed to fix the thread because someone else on SHTV says that this was the quote from Classic Rock magazine:

That would be awesome on Blu-Ray my first Gentle Giant purchase in 1975 (LP) and have the set CD/DVD.

That would be awesome on Blu-Ray my first Gentle Giant purchase in 1975 (LP) and have the set CD/DVD.

Yep, if we get a Blu-Ray release of "Free Hand" next year that had Steven Wilson 5.1 surround & stereo remixes along with the original stereo & (corrected) Quadraphonic mixes all in high-resolution, that would be one heck of a release!

I'm in!

Sadly, according to Dan Bornemark, the multis for In a Glass House are lost forever because they were destroyed in a fire. Our only hope is for a vintage copy to exist, somewhere, somehow. Unlikely, unfortunately. :(
It would also be my #1 wanted GG remix. I like Free Hand, but I don't think it is as good as the previous albums.

Gentle Giant's Free Hand was my very first purchase by the band and still one of favorites by them. I'm in if SW remixes the album for true 5.1 surround (unlike the 4.0 mix that came out a few years back) with all the extras.

Back