Oscilloscope for my JVC 5456

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Group,

As I type, I'm listening to the second Chase album on my JVC 5456, and feeling very happy about the world. There is an input for an oscilloscope on this receiver. I'm not flush with cash at this moment, and I was wondering if there was such a thing an an inexpensive oscilloscope option that you might know about.

Charles

Hi Group,

As I type, I'm listening to the second Chase album on my JVC 5456, and feeling very happy about the world. There is an input for an oscilloscope on this receiver. I'm not flush with cash at this moment, and I was wondering if there was such a thing an an inexpensive oscilloscope option that you might know about.

Charles

The only quad scopes I know of are the Heathkits which can be cheap, but need repairs and schematics can be found, a Pioneer that tends to start at over $1000US, and the two Technics/Panasonic/National SH3433 and SH3434 which can be had as low as $200US but schematics seem to be non-existant and apparently the transformers were the main flaw and the reason they can sometimes be had cheap. These can be found more often on Yahoo Japan's auction site and bought by non-Japanese through a proxy service like Buyee or Jauce. You need to remember that they are heavy for shipping when you bid to keep within your budget. I have each of the Technics/Panasonic/National scopes, but the SH3434 needs a new transformer to see if the rest is worth restoring and specss on the parts are not readily available. My suggestion is to start a savings coin jar and watch the auctions and hope that by the time your coins add up substantially, that one comes up online within your budget.

Back