Previously unseen 1970 Pink Floyd footage

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

privateuniverse

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
In 1970 Pink Floyd allowed themselves to be filmed by San Francisco PBS TV station KQED. KQED aired one hour of the Floyd's performance, which was shot without an audience present. In the years since this footage has been heavily bootlegged. It finally received an official release a year ago as part of the Early Years box set. Now it turns out that KQED has discovered in their vaults another thirty minutes of unaired footage from the same performance. The Floyd have allowed KQED to stream one of these previously unaired songs on their website. Footage of the band performing "Astronomy Domine" can he seen here.

I remember this distinctly. It was on local PBS one night, It was on late at night. I was a bit surprised by the showing of it, as it was way ahead of it's time then.

I remember this distinctly. It was on local PBS one night, It was on late at night. I was a bit surprised by the showing of it, as it was way ahead of it's time then.

Me too. They played at least one song from More, Cymbaline.
One of my favorites.

Back