"Fleetwood Mac" (1975 S/T Album) Deluxe Edition with 5.1 surround DVD!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True, very true. Still disappointing tho............

thanks jon for your posts, will buy it anyway, as I love it too much not to. :)

what bothers me most is that I've always thought it a wonderful recording, why mess with perfection? I smell a blu ray coming:)

This mix is NOT over compressed.
If a mix would clip, we would hear that definately,
because in the digital world clipping means scratching
loud sounds out of the speakers.
Everyone who is mixing knows that.

Music is for ears not for eyes!

Gee... I've been wading through this thread hoping to find nuggets of actual listening reviews ( I actually was at the store a couple of days back, on the verge of buying this- but found no actual reviews at the time.)

What concerns me most is that it appears we may be evolving ( or degenerating ) into 'videophiles'
I say this as the bulk of discussion so far, has invoved what is seen- not what is heard. (Eg. Look at that DD logo! .... Look at that wave form!)
I personally have no experience with this album- as I was 2 y ears old at the time (and was likely more focussed on nappy changes.)
My hope is therefore to gain insight into how this sounds as compared to other MCH releases..
Relating to my experience, this could look like one of the turds in my nappy at the time- with the addition of a glowing Dolby Digital sign attached, but frankly wouldn't care as long as it plays- and more importantly sounds great.... (And hopefully doesn't smell. )
They do blind tests when researching the high rez versus low rez debate for a reason - it removes visual element bias).
Now where are those reviews- in the other thread.... Hopefully.

Gee... I've been wading through this thread hoping to find nuggets of actual listening reviews ( I actually was at the store a couple of days back, on the verge of buying this- but found no actual reviews at the time.)

What concerns me most is that it appears we may be evolving ( or degenerating ) into 'videophiles'
I say this as the bulk of discussion so far, has invoved what is seen- not what is heard. (Eg. Look at that DD logo! .... Look at that wave form!)
I personally have no experience with this album- as I was 2 y ears old at the time (and was likely more focussed on nappy changes.)
My hope is therefore to gain insight into how this sounds as compared to other MCH releases..
Relating to my experience, this could look like one of the turds in my nappy at the time- with the addition of a glowing Dolby Digital sign attached, but frankly wouldn't care as long as it plays- and more importantly sounds great.... (And hopefully doesn't smell. )
They do blind tests when researching the high rez versus low rez debate for a reason - it removes visual element bias).
Now where are those reviews- in the other thread.... Hopefully.

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/showthread.php?24285-Fleetwood-Mac-FLEETWOOD-MAC-Dolby-Digital-DVD

thanks jon for your posts, will buy it anyway, as I love it too much not to. :)

what bothers me most is that I've always thought it a wonderful recording, why mess with perfection? I smell a blu ray coming:)

Agreed.

A wonderful recording and why mess with it?

But seemingly, they DID mess with it until all we're getting is a facsimile of that original superbly recorded and remixed FM classic which I've had on multiple formats since its original release.

Clint Eastwood called me "entitled" because I expected a definitive version after suffering through poorly pressed vinyl, subpar cassettes and RBCD versions over the years.

Yes, Clint, Ralphie IS entitled to a definitive remaster, don't ya think?

Should have my copy sometime this week.....in Dudley DoWrong 5.1!:yikes

Agreed.

A wonderful recording and why mess with it?

But seemingly, they DID mess with it until all we're getting is a facsimile of that original superbly recorded and remixed FM classic which I've had on multiple formats since its original release.

Clint Eastwood called me "entitled" because I expected a definitive version after suffering through poorly pressed vinyl, subpar cassettes and RBCD versions over the years.

Yes, Clint, Ralphie IS entitled to a definitive remaster, don't ya think?

Should have my copy sometime this week.....in Dudley DoWrong 5.1!:yikes

Your only one or two more paid versions away from being worthy and not a spoiled entitled little brat. :)

Your only one or two more paid versions away from being worthy and not a spoiled entitled little brat. :)

Yeah, Himey, patience may be a virtue....but my patience is running OUT!

And when are we going to get definitive hi res Stereo remasters of FM's Bare Trees, Kiln House and Then Play On on physical disc........NO Christine, NO Stevie, NO Lindsay....just Mick and the lads.

Snood view - and no Snood no have it yet, got it from Amazon UK.....me in USA

But very thankful after the Tango debacle with no 5.1..........that we have this. Yeah LPs and cds and stuff, but for my 55 bux Snood is all in. Lotta peeps complained about the DD on Tusk, but to me after listening it did open a lot up that was never noticed and loved it.

Mirage......was awesome toooooo even tho it changed the atmosphere of a few songs.

This is one we never thought we would see.........and to see people already complaining becuz it DD and maybe haven't even heard it yet. :rolleyes:

We are sooooooooooooooooooooooo lucky that in our lil hobby that hardly anyone knows about is even being freaking considered.....in the last few months we got Rush, FM, Parsons, EddisonBaggins/Mike Vieira one of our own (QQbuds plug order here https://mike-vieira.bandcamp.com/album/disturbing-the-universe) and soon Roxy along with the Duttons and so many more lesser known titles coming out.

I guarantee that in the upcoming year that we get even more niiiiiiiiiice ones that nobody expected.

Yeah the charts graphs might be hmmm and the DD might not be what everybody prefers, but MY GOD - it is Fleetwood freaking MAC in 5.1 - who wuda thunk it 5 years back when everyone thought it was the end of surround..........that is...... until Snood joined QQ :worthy :banana::banana::banana:

You are all welcome - You may approach :worthy The Snood :worthy

Please no ban Snoooooooooooooooooooood :couch

Last edited:
Jon's comments concerning the loudness of the DVD is interesting but not that surprising to me.
Both this title and "Tusk" were mixed soon after "Rumours", when loudness was all the rage, especially on CD and digital download.
This latest development once again makes me feel like what we have is nothing more than the DVD-V portion of the DVDA-V disc that was supposed to come out last decade.

I do appreciate the fact that this is finally being released after all these years, but these comments I'm seeing from people I trust very much indicate to me that this release was not executed as well as it could have been, and after all, if Alan Parsons, XTC, Gentle Giant, Steven Wilson, Marillion, and more can offer affordable high-res releases, Fleetwood Mac should be able to as well, right? (Actually, same goes for Roxy Music too)

And when are we going to get definitive hi res Stereo remasters of FM's Bare Trees, Kiln House and Then Play On on physical disc........NO Christine, NO Stevie, NO Lindsay....just Mick and the lads.

Actually, Christine was on Bare Trees, and played on a couple of tracks of Kiln House but was uncredited.

Snood view - and no Snood no have it yet, got it from Amazon UK.....me in USA

But very thankful after the Tango debacle with no 5.1..........that we have this. Yeah LPs and cds and stuff, but for my 55 bux Snood is all in. Lotta peeps complained about the DD on Tusk, but to me after listening it did open a lot up that was never noticed and loved it.

Mirage......was awesome toooooo even tho it changed the atmosphere of a few songs.

This is one we never thought we would see.........and to see people already complaining becuz it DD and maybe haven't even heard it yet. :rolleyes:

We are sooooooooooooooooooooooo lucky that our lil hobby that hardly anyone knows about is even being considered.....in the last few months we got Rush, FM, Parsons, Mike Vieira (QQbuds plug) and soon Roxy along with the Duttons and so many more lesser known titles coming out.

I guarantee that in the upcoming year that we get even more niiiiiiiiiice ones that nobody expected.

Yeah the charts graphs might be hmmm and the DD might not be what everybody prefers, but MY GOD - it is Fleetwood freaking MAC in 5.1 - who wuda thunk it 5 years back when everyone thought it was the end of surround..........that is...... until Snood joined QQ :worthy :banana::banana::banana:

You are all welcome - You may approach :worthy The Snood :worthy

Please no ban Snoooooooooooooooooooood :couch

You just made me laugh out loud (for realz!:D), snoody... I'm with you on this one(y)

Jon's comments concerning the loudness of the DVD is interesting but not that surprising to me.
Both this title and "Tusk" were mixed soon after "Rumours", when loudness was all the rage, especially on CD and digital download.
This latest development once again makes me feel like what we have is nothing more than the DVD-V portion of the DVDA-V disc that was supposed to come out last decade.

I do appreciate the fact that this is finally being released after all these years, but these comments I'm seeing from people I trust very much indicate to me that this release was not executed as well as it could have been, and after all, if Alan Parsons, XTC, Gentle Giant, Steven Wilson, Marillion, and more can offer affordable high-res releases, Fleetwood Mac should be able to as well, right? (Actually, same goes for Roxy Music too)

Gonna say this once......Every band mentioned above is part and parcel of the Steve Wilson (minus Parsons) surround group.......Parsons gets it too........

Warner Brothers/Rhino.........maybe not so much

difference being?? Who knows......brits vs yanks?

Yeah we got the Quadio Chicago box by some miracle........but kind of sure Rhino had to say ummmmm hey WB why not Bluray and why not hi res not DD? Then WB said take it or leave it!

Snood still happy it here - preliminary is that it dont suck and is good but could have been better

Sounds like Beatles Pepper..........which if cranked up is pretty damn goooooooooooooood :banana:

Last edited:
I'm one of those that believe your musical education would never be complete if you've never heard this album.

It's THAT good! My personal favourite of the Lindsey Stevie years, just such solid confident songwriting and it blew my mind in '75...and still does!

It's a good strong pop album. Has not aged as badly as some albums have.

It's no Innervisions, or What's Going On, or Darkness on the Edge or Town, or Animals. But it's produced nicely.

Sure.

Back