"Fleetwood Mac" (1975 S/T Album) Deluxe Edition with 5.1 surround DVD!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered, but it looks like it might ship out after Baggy ships out to you-know-where.
:(
If anybody gets an "advance copy" can you kindly consider hooking a brother up?

Sent from my TA-1025 using Tapatalk

If you don't have it already, I can 'hook you up' with "Monday Morning".

:)

Glad it's not just me (and the other poster above). I find it quite distracting.

I don't know if you are a Temple of the Dog fan, but the recent Blu-Ray was ruined for me by putting Cornell's vocal front center and Vedder's in both rear speakers. It made Vedders vocal sound much larger than Cornell's. It is a duet and I like the front/rear thing in this instance, but if they were going to have Eddie in both rears, they should have put Chris in both fronts instead of in the center. It's not so much about placement as it is about size. I also felt the same way about Rush - Moving Pictures.

My recollection is that Vedder’s vocal is buried in the rears on Hunger Strike and barely audible.

It won't be long now:cool:

You can say that again !! This ....the 5.1 of FM 75 by Caillat is loooooooong overdue . An excellent disc musically from an ICONIC band .

Can't wait, and thanks to Rhino (and the foraging ). :D

Added note :
I was very lucky to have caught this tour years ago in the mid 70's..(UND in Fargo , I think).....and Stevie Nicks did an emotionally filled rendition of a much longer "Rhiannon". Really stole the show fwiw. Something I'll always remember as it was so very good.:smokin

My recollection is that Vedder’s vocal is buried in the rears on Hunger Strike and barely audible.

It sounds as though, for Hunger Strike, that we're dealing with different system configurations (and possibly different expectations).
One person says Vedder is too big on the track, another says he's buried. To me, I went in to the track already having read people's complaints about Vedder's vocal, so I was actively listening for the problem. I just don't hear it. He sounds well-balanced with Cornell, to my ears, on my setup.
And the rest of the album is gorgeous too. Not to mention, there are a couple of live clips on the BD that make it worth a purchase. A few live clips are pretty bad, historical value only. But a couple toward the end will knock your socks off. Stereo only, but awesome nonetheless.

You are the only one complaining so far.

I did not see that as a complaint, rather a true statement. This 'box" set nonsense is just a way to get the most out of the same material sold repeatedly. I am sure like me who is complaining, that in order to get my hands on one disc, I have to buy items I have no use for. This is purposely done in order to gain the most from what amounts to an album from the 70's, everyone has heard a million times.
DSOTM, WYWH, The Tull set, and it goes on. Of course one can simply buy the box and sell the remainder but just look at how many are doing this, just to get the 5.1.
DSOTM, I lost big time, WYWH I got lucky due to the clicks and replacements discs. I took it with the rest -
All in all, ya there ought to be a stand alone sale of the 5.1, kind of like cable TV, you must buy programming you never use to get one or two channels. No I don't see that comment as a complaint but mine is.

I did not see that as a complaint, rather a true statement. This 'box" set nonsense is just a way to get the most out of the same material sold repeatedly. I am sure like me who is complaining, that in order to get my hands on one disc, I have to buy items I have no use for. This is purposely done in order to gain the most from what amounts to an album from the 70's, everyone has heard a million times.
DSOTM, WYWH, The Tull set, and it goes on. Of course one can simply buy the box and sell the remainder but just look at how many are doing this, just to get the 5.1.
DSOTM, I lost big time, WYWH I got lucky due to the clicks and replacements discs. I took it with the rest -
All in all, ya there ought to be a stand alone sale of the 5.1, kind of like cable TV, you must buy programming you never use to get one or two channels. No I don't see that comment as a complaint but mine is.

+1, Mr. L1 (y)(y)

Hold the pickle, hold the lettuce, tomato and the 'special sauce' and just give me the freakin' Beef [:51banana:] on a plump sesame roll!

Personally I agree completely, but I think the labels see surround discs as "niche" items that don't sell in numbers large enough to justify their investment. However, as a part of a large package, it is easier to recoup the expense.

Sadly, I suspect they are correct. The Marley Legend was basically a stand alone. How well did it sell? Is there ANYTHING you would expect to sell better as a legacy item?

Personally I agree completely, but I think the labels see surround discs as "niche" items that don't sell in numbers large enough to justify their investment. However, as a part of a large package, it is easier to recoup the expense.

Sadly, I suspect they are correct. The Marley Legend was basically a stand alone. How well did it sell? Is there ANYTHING you would expect to sell better as a legacy item?

I certainly respect those who do love all the bells and whistles and IMO, the current Fleetwood MAC boxset is priced well* [Japanese SACDs in 7" packaging with p/h cost that much] but offering a stand alone BD~A [or DVD~V] would probably double or triple sales without crippling budgets.....and taking up valuable space!

[*@ AmazonUK's current price of $53, delivered]

Warner has come to the conclusion that additional units sold at "super deluxe" prices beats a standalone release at 1/4 the price.

The math has been done, the big box won. At least with a Fleetwood Eagles type artist. I'm ok with it. I just want to get on with the releases, but what I can and enjoy life or what is left of it.

They told me that from age 40 to 50 just flies, and it did. That means every decade coming is that much shorter as well.

Warner has come to the conclusion that additional units sold at "super deluxe" prices beats a standalone release at 1/4 the price.

The math has been done, the big box won. At least with a Fleetwood Eagles type artist. I'm ok with it. I just want to get on with the releases, but what I can and enjoy life or what is left of it.

They told me that from age 40 to 50 just flies, and it did. That means every decade coming is that much shorter as well.

So, what's next? The COMPLETE LED ZEP UBER BOXSET with Dolby Atmos BD~As for 5 GRAND [which includes a trip to the Holy Land]?
:yikes

Yeah, why NOT? I've always wanted to float in the Dead Sea....in my birthday suit! :party

I don't think any reasonable person who can afford these boxes would argue that they're expensive, and perhaps all too inclusive of various formats. But they are, make no mistake, boutique items designed for the most dedicated of fans, and not just of the 5.1 remix included. Ok, so you don't need the vinyl, maybe not the regular CD's with all the bonus material, or--horrors!--you don't like the 5.1 and want it just for the bonus material in stereo. These kinds of packages are not new, of course, and bands like the Dead, and labels like Bear Family and Mosaic, have offered up far more elaborate and costly packages, but if you can pay the price, they're almost always a joy to own and refer back to since there is such a wealth of material, extensive booklets, etc.

Stand alone 5.1 discs would be nice, but as noted, doing that alone will not guarantee sales. That aside, is there anyone here who would cry if Led Zeppelin had issued those expensive vinyl/CD sets of their albums and added a 5.1 mix for each for, say, $25 more? I would've bought 'em all in a heartbeat, but because they didn't, I didn't buy, since the extras for me just weren't that important.

ED :)

+1, Mr. L1 (y)(y)

Hold the pickle, hold the lettuce, tomato and the 'special sauce' and just give me the freakin' Beef [:51banana:] on a plump sesame roll!
There so bad you gotta try them, crankcase oil's how we fry em, all we ask is that you buy them, cause that's our way. I know, i know they broil them. Just couldn't resist.

I notice that disc #3 has the Passiac, N.J. concert from 75.

That's a King Biscuit Broadcast (or rebroadcast) I think ?

So she might be quad SQ encoded, .......maybe.:rolleyes:

I notice that disc #3 has the Passiac, N.J. concert from 75.

That's a King Biscuit Broadcast (or rebroadcast) I think ?

So she might be quad SQ encoded, .......maybe.:rolleyes:

Yes, the '75 KBFH broadcast was from Passaic. However, a few of the songs that are listed as being from Passaic were not part of the original KBFH broadcast.

Yes, the '75 KBFH broadcast was from Passaic. However, a few of the songs that are listed as being from Passaic were not part of the original KBFH broadcast.

Even one song in quad , I would consider a nice little bonus.

But, we will have to wait and see however. Makes me wonder what the other Live Concert tunz are sourced from. You just never know what's included with these boxes.:rolleyes:

The only real knock I can find with this box is that the single versions are included, but in stereo only; woulda been nice to get those in 5.1. Still, this is a must box for me, so can hardly wait.

ED :)

Back