"Fleetwood Mac" (1975 S/T Album) Deluxe Edition with 5.1 surround DVD!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sugar Daddy is probably the weakest song on this album...Christine wrote it and has made it an easy listening experience...better than just the typical "filler" song..

[video=youtube;9g69jaKsISw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g69jaKsISw[/video]

Oh, and another thing that might be of interest for people who like the live tracks.....

As excited as I was to see the live material from the UConn concert, I was initially disappointed to see that most of the other live tracks were from Passaic. Their 1975 concert in Passaic was recorded and broadcast by the King Biscuit Flour Hour and as a result has become one the band's most bootlegged performances. (One song from the Passaic concert also ended up on the band's 1980 Fleetwood Mac Live album.) However, upon closer examination, I noticed that of the six songs from Passaic included here, four of them were not part of the King Biscuit broadcast. So it's great to have some extra tracks from that classic concert!

I thought when this happened, the Trod Nossel broadcast would be included.

Yes, the song was originally on Buckingham/Nicks, but it was re-recorded for this Fleetwood Mac record.

:)

One was in 4/4 and the other 3/4, but I can't remember which was which at the moment. Sad, really that I can't recall. I do have a more than passing familiarity with the album.

Ryan, good find and thanks for reporting.
Another classic coming our way,very cool in deed and not that far off.

Now its a shame that "Tango In the Night' didn't get the surround treatment, was there ever a explanation why that one didn't get done in 5.1?

So cool that some of these are finally coming out of the vaults in our life time.
Normally/usually the take deemed to be the master is pulled from the multitrack session reel and comped to its own reel of "Masters" and mixed down or having overdubs added or whatever.
For whatever reason, there is no set of reels marked as multitrack masters. And there are hundreds of reels for Tango.

So without knowing what the final takes are one could go nuts trying to find them.

Do we think this is the elusive Ken Caillat 5.1 mix? Love this album. Hate the price since I already own this on vinyl. But I'll bite the bullet and order the from Amazon UK.

Normally/usually the take deemed to be the master is pulled from the multitrack session reel and comped to its own reel of "Masters" and mixed down or having overdubs added or whatever.
For whatever reason, there is no set of reels marked as multitrack masters. And there are hundreds of reels for Tango.

So without knowing what the final takes are one could go nuts trying to find them.

You should ask Jakko Jakszyk to do the Tango remix, he went through the same ordeal to remix ELP's Brain Salad Surgery. ;)
(just kidding, I think I remember there were a dozen reels or so, not hundreds...)

Could someone refresh my memory...so this mix is done by a different person than the last two 5.1 mixes, correct? Did Ken Caillat do Hotel California or someone else? Thanks in advance.

Could someone refresh my memory...so this mix is done by a different person than the last two 5.1 mixes, correct? Did Ken Caillat do Hotel California or someone else? Thanks in advance.

Elliot Scheiner did Hotel California

Ken Calliat did all the Fleetwood Mac 5.1's, including this one. There were all done for DVD-A back in the early 2000s, but Rumours was the only one that came out.

Elliot Scheiner did Hotel California

Ken Calliat did all the Fleetwood Mac 5.1's, including this one. There were all done for DVD-A back in the early 2000s, but Rumours was the only one that came out.

I'm guessing that he must have done Rumors first as it is actually my least favorite of the surround mixes. I liked Tusk and loved the later stuff. I am hopeful for this one as it is my favorite FM album.

I'm guessing that he must have done Rumors first as it is actually my least favorite of the surround mixes. I liked Tusk and loved the later stuff. I am hopeful for this one as it is my favorite FM album.

Yes, “Rumours” was the first Fleetwood Mac album to be mixed and released in 5.1 Surround.
“Fleetwood Mac” and “Tusk” were both mixed in 5.1 surround shortly thereafter, but “Mirage” was not mixed in 5.1 surround until 2016.

“Mirage” was not mixed in 5.1 surround until 2016.

Didn't know that...thought Mirage was an old shelved mix. I guess they would've given Tango the same treatment if not for the master tape issue ForagingRhino mentioned.

Yes, “Rumours” was the first Fleetwood Mac album to be mixed and released in 5.1 Surround.
“Fleetwood Mac” and “Tusk” were both mixed in 5.1 surround shortly thereafter, but “Mirage” was not mixed in 5.1 surround until 2016.

To my ears Mirage is a far superior mix. I wish they would redo Rumours as nicely (though I certainly don't expect it to happen).

Back