"Fleetwood Mac" (1975 S/T Album) Deluxe Edition with 5.1 surround DVD!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I, for one, am going to email Warners and make my displeasure known. Glad you like your DSD downloads but we're talking about classic 5.1 remasters HERE...albums we've waited 50 years to hear in what should be HIGHEST RESOLUTIONS.

When I buy a UHD 4K remaster to replace my older DVDs and BD~Vs, I expect PERFECTION ..... tired of spending good money for SHIT!

Am currently listening to the 2018 Grammy Nominations RBCD disc. 23 cuts in great fidelity for $8.49 delivered. Maybe they should release that as a DSD Download.......:banana:

That's what I have been waiting for! email Warners...write your Congressman...don't buy the release....alert the media..anything EXCEPT beating the same dead horse on here and ruining the experience for those of us who are looking forward to the music..and for the record...my name isn't Mark...

I’m of the opinion that Neil DOES speak from an objective point of view when it comes to Dolby Digital audio. Since he is someone that works with the original source files on the DVD & Blu-Ray projects he authors, he is fully aware of what audio sounds like once encoded as AC3 (Dolby)
Steven Wilson is of the same opinion about Dolby Digital audio as Neil is, and there’s no opinions I trust more than theirs.
It’s no secret that Dolby Digital uses around a 10:1 data compression ratio, so if people on here think what they hear sounds fine (which is reality about 10% of what uncompressed lossless audio sounds like) then cool. There’s never been a single Dolby Digital audio release that sounded good encoded as such IMHO.

Yes you have made it clear to us that you share the "disdain" for DD...anytime someone makes blanket statements on a topic..IMHO... that's the exact opposite of objectivity..I'm done with the seminar on DD...I will focus on the release...either on this thread or privately...

I agree although chasing Foraging Rhino is not the QQ policy if i am correct. It happened in the past that a few industry insiders were scared away because of direct targeting them.

At least Foraging Rhino came back. He knows our wishes.

Right on, Robert.
Steve is responsible for such great Blu-Ray audio releases as “Moondance”, “Best of the Doors”, and the Chicago Quadio box set, not to mention that both “Fleetwood Mac” and “Tusk” would probably still be in the vaults if not for his intervention.

I hope this Dolby only “Fleetwood Mac” release is a blip on the radar and not the new norm.
All I know is that I’ll continue to buy high-res Blu-Ray and DTS DVD releases, but any Dolby only releases are a hard pass for me.

Yes you have made it clear to us that you share the "disdain" for DD...anytime someone makes blanket statements on a topic..IMHO... that's the exact opposite of objectivity..I'm done with the seminar on DD...I will focus on the release...either on this thread or privately...

So, Clint, when are they going to include a UHD 4K Dolby Atmos BD~A/V on future Fleetwood Mac releases? :yikes

If anyone in the US that paid $55 from amazon UK for the FM box set and doesn't want it...send me a PM when you receive it and maybe we can strike a deal...I'd like to pick up an extra copy..

You can have the Vinyl, the RBCD outtakes/demos, the book, the oversized box, the marbles, the coasters, the keychain, a replica of Christine McVie's bra and Lindsay's guitar pick but you ain't getting my 96/24 stereo remaster, Clint, or the 'approximation' of the 5.1 remix OR the swath of Stevie's tie~dyed knickers :ugham:

ANYONE* who LOVES Dolby Digital must surely be into https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2726/4266847960_0e30b5126d.jpg :yikes or, worse http://images.esellerpro.com/3605/I/888/41/Fifty Shades of Grey Unseen Edition DVD.jpg

*Or, as we call them in Audiophile Circles: The Edison Cylinder Crowd!

Last edited:
There WILL be a poll for “Fleetwood Mac” in the DTS/Dolby section, hopefully later tonight.
This way, people who have the DVD can vote and share their opinions on it without all this other clutter.
Once that thread is open, only post in that thread if you actually have the disc!

Also, any off-topic posts in this thread that does not pertain to the general subject matter of this forum (like football posts, etc.) will be removed in due course.

As long as we all remain civil, let the discussion (and debate) continue!

:)

The last Dolby Digital only release I bought (and kept) was “In the Land of Grey & Pink” by Caravan.
About a year after purchasing that title, I got to hear the lossless files and heard a HUGE difference between the files & the Dolby DVD.

I've heard both. The difference is night and day.

Are we talking about an actual lossless version of the Caravan 5.1 mix or a comparison between the Dolby 5.1 and lossless stereo?

Don't actually have the Caravan disc (it's on the list though- can't ignore an SW mix)...just curious if there is in fact a lossless 5.1 version out there.

As for the topic at hand- my FM set is scheduled to come Feb 1 from Amazon UK. Still excited to hear it! Hearing "Say You Love Me" should be cool in 5.1 I think :)

I too wouldn't mind hearing some thoughts on the mix though...

As My final word on the subject: Whenever those GREEDY record companies bestow upon us, its loyal subjects, a LOSSY DTS or DD 5.1 remix of an album, we should refer to it as an approximation of the 5.1 remix.

Cows don't produce 1%, 2% or Low Fat Milk.......they produce WHOLE milk!

And in answer to the query "Why did the chicken cross the road....." to reach the mailbox on the other side to return the shoddily produced DD 5.1 Fleewood Mac boxset to whence it came or to Clint Eastwood who wants a back up copy cause Clint don't care if the DD 5.1 is a REAL TURKEY!
:violin Save me the wishbone, Clinty......

Last edited:
What a strange thread this is turning into. :mad:@:

But I have a question I'm just dying to ask. I would like responses from those who feel slighted by the DD format limitation of this release.

If the box set also included a voucher for a 5.1 24/96 FLAC download of the album, would it make a significant difference in your reluctance or willingness to buy it?

The bonus question is... :yikes

What is the downside to the record company if they were to supply a Hi res 5.1 download in the box set? Is there too much cost involved? Are they afraid of piracy? Does it compromise future re-issues of the album? All of the above?

As My final word on the subject: Whenever those GREEDY record companies bestow upon us, its loyal subjects, a LOSSY DTS or DD 5.1 remix of an album, we should refer to it as an approximation of the 5.1 remix.

Cows don't produce 1%, 2% or Low Fat Milk.......they produce WHOLE milk!
Thanks Ralphie, what you said is perfection, no need to even talk about it anymore, just chatter, move on.

What a strange thread this is turning into. :mad:@:

But I have a question I'm just dying to ask. I would like responses from those who feel slighted by the DD format limitation of this release.

If the box set also included a voucher for a 5.1 24/96 FLAC download of the album, would it make a significant difference in your reluctance or willingness to buy it?

The bonus question is... :yikes

What is the downside to the record company if they were to supply a Hi res 5.1 download in the box set? Is there too much cost involved? Are they afraid of piracy? Does it compromise future re-issues of the album? All of the above?

Why not just put the 24/96 5.1 remix along with the 24/96 stereo remaster on the same disc....kind of silly to offer it as a 'voucher.' There's a lot of real estate on a DVD [it goes several layers] so if you're going to prepare a lossless 5.1 FLAC file it would actually fit on the DVD.

Are we talking about an actual lossless version of the Caravan 5.1 mix or a comparison between the Dolby 5.1 and lossless stereo?

Don't actually have the Caravan disc (it's on the list though- can't ignore an SW mix)...just curious if there is in fact a lossless 5.1 version out there.

As for the topic at hand- my FM set is scheduled to come Feb 1 from Amazon UK. Still excited to hear it! Hearing "Say You Love Me" should be cool in 5.1 I think :)

I too wouldn't mind hearing some thoughts on the mix though...
we are talking about 5.1 DD vs 5.1 lossless. While the Caravan DD is good sounding compared to other DD the lossless is really great.

Oh nooo. A big discussion about the topic
that had been discussed a 1000 times.

Yes, DD isn‘t the best solution, but this mix
is good for a Dolby mix and this box set
isn‘t a rip off.

Don‘t think that they only produce box sets for
people who want surround mixes.
They also do them for the vinyl lovers.

Yes, and the big companies try to get the maximum
cash they can get.

I‘m in the glad situation, that I don‘t need hi-rez
generally. I need good music in 5.1.

DTS is enough for me and DD isn‘t a show stopper in my flat.

The first box release I will not buy is the Roxy set.
I don‘t get it, why it is so expensive. :)

Hi Nico, good to read you are enjoying the set. That gives this topic a bit more balanced opinion.

And you are right that these box sets are not aimed at surround fans. But if the big companies really want to maximise their earnings, they should release this as at least DTS 96/24 dvdv or a stand alone bda. In that way they delivere the FM and box set fans the most and surround fans the most, meaning most profit for them.

A win-win / manager talk off

Hi Nico, good to read you are enjoying the set. That gives this topic a bit more balanced opinion.

And you are right that these box sets are not aimed at surround fans. But if the big companies really want to maximise their earnings, they should release this as at least DTS 96/24 dvdv or a stand alone bda. In that way they delivere the FM and box set fans the most and surround fans the most, meaning most profit for them.

A win-win / manager talk off

I don‘t know if that would raise the profit,
because I accepted, that the surround community
is a small one.
Vinyl buyers are a bigger group to sell something.
And the extra costs for a standalone release is not
the big extra value for the companies.

We can be really happy for every release we get.

Back