"Fleetwood Mac" (1975 S/T Album) Deluxe Edition with 5.1 surround DVD!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I liked this album the first time I heard it.

And Fleetwood Mac ? I thought they were a Brit/Blues band..... but this is soooo very different from their prior musical input.

Very much blues w/pop , but kickass rock mostly.

And well to top it off.....I got to see them perform in Fargo at the U. and what a concert !!! Gorgeous emotional vocals by Stevie Nicks on an extended version of Rhainnon and the band rocked on quite sublime.

No Rumours played at that time (Summer of 75), but they could and did stand alone on their prior catalogue fwiw.:smokin

It's a good strong pop album. Has not aged as badly as some albums have.

It's no Innervisions, or What's Going On, or Darkness on the Edge or Town, or Animals. But it's produced nicely.

Sure.

I must agree ! :D

It's far and away better than any of THOSE albums you've mentioned.:D

b63007c459741482bdc372a6367858f0.jpg

I found this picture of the DVD screen in the “Listening To Now...” section and I’m pretty sure the layout is similar to the screen on the “Rumours” DVDA-V disc, once again reaffirming my suspicions that this is nothing more than the original DVD-V section of the unreleased DVDA-V disc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If true, this most probably means the record company actually made more cost producing this disc.

Instead of just copying their archived .iso they went through the trouble of re-authoring the video_ts. Very strange.

I never thought they actually had a polished and authored disc ready to go for this title, just the mix, but I guess this title got closer to DVD-A release than I originally thought. I wonder how many others reached that stage.

It would've been great if they just stuck the entire ISO (with AUDIO_TS content included) on the DVD in this set and not said anything about it. Surprise! A new DVD-A. I would have loved that. It may have been watermarked though...perhaps that has to do with why it was omitted?

Still- an unreleased surround mix freed from captivity. Even under the most unfavorable conditions (DD, loud mastering, box set), that's a victory for us.

Hopefully if Rhino decides to release other unreleased mixes from the DVD-A days (The Cars, Pretzel Logic, etc), they offer them in Hi-Rez. But if they're not, I will probably buy them anyway. The music is just too good to pass up.

Still waiting for Feb 2 delivery from Amazon UK....

fwiw there's an empty Audio_TS folder but that could be a red herring i don't know

I think all commercially-released DVDs have that empty folder.

Awesome to hear you got yours, Adam. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the mix...

Hi,

got my box today. It's 'amazing' that the DD 5.1 mix uses 152 megabyte and the stereo hi-res of the album 1.4 gigabyte :mad:@:

However, I flipped through the songs and they do sound good! Honestly I am not sure if I would be able to tell the difference compared to DTS on my equipment :yikes

Cheers,
Andreas

have given the DVD a 1st spin (in the computer since i mislaid my BDP's remote control :yikes ! and the disc wouldn't autoplay even when i left it on the main menu for ages or hit play with the disc in the open tray!) anyway, forget all that.. i'm liking what i'm hearing, a lot. its so lovely to hear this record in surround sound (at last!) to me its a really nice surround mix. low end seems a tad overcooked at times maybe and a couple of times maybe a cymbal crash or tambourine was a bit toppier than i remember my old CD of it sounding i don't know, that could just be details brought out in the remixing process maybe rather than any mastering harshness i dunno.. tbh i'm not as bothered about the DD only thing as i thought i might be, i'm enjoying the surround sound and the music too much to really care.. gorgeous album i missed not listening to it for a while.. maybe that's adding to the enjoyment, like seeing an old friend for the first time in a long time and it just being good for the soul somehow.. the packaging & contents are upto similar standard as the previous FM sets.. i'll stick me neck out and say i like the surround mix just as much as the other FM 5.1's maybe more (and i really like all of those) i'll give it another few good spins when i get more time before i rate it but i think i'll be scoring it very highly in the QQ Poll when i'm ready. very happy with the set at this point.

Awesome to hear these positive comments!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the surround is really great and sounds very good imho. no personal slight on whoever it was (on the SHF i think?) who said the surround was like double stereo, from what i'm hearing i don't think it is, its got some nice guitars and drums and stuff in the rears that are rather yummy! :p

no personal slight on whoever it was (on the SHF i think?) who said the surround was like double stereo, from what i'm hearing i don't think it is, its got some nice guitars and drums and stuff in the rears that are rather yummy! :p

Blasphemy!

Can't speak for the whole disc yet, but "Monday Morning" from the Acura disc sure as hell ain't double stereo. For those who haven't heard it, Discrete placements in that track include rhythm guitars and harmonies in the rears, guitar solo panned hard right front, and center vocals.

It's way cool to isolate the center- I love how that buried vocal harmony "...get on down the line" really pops out.

View attachment Get On Down The Line.mp3

Never thought I'd get to hear past that track- it's about time!!

There is no freaking way this is double stereo. It's a very discrete mix, and each song is treated differently as well. Some background vocals are in the fronts on some tunes, and other times they're in the rears.

Double Stereo? WRONG! The mix is pretty damn good, IMHO.

Regarding the mastering- I've been checking out some files on my drive this afternoon and there are A LOT of good mixes with loud mastering that still sound good. I'm noticing that the ES-mixed Layla DTS DVD is totally smashed and a lot of the songs on the Talking Heads Brick are kind of on the loud side. It's also well-known that the two ES-mixed PT DVD-As (In Absentia, Deadwing) are really loud- so much so that SW wants to reissue them. Bon Jovi's Slippery When Wet is another serious offender when it comes to loudness.

I'm not sure if that Foobar waveform monitor component is a blessing or a curse- It's cool when the waveforms are super-discrete looking and mastered well (the SW stuff always looks particularly nice), but when they are too loud or the peaks are chopped off it's aggravating and/or distracting.

Back