If you like REO Speedwagon...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I guess I'm partial - because REO is local to me. They are from Champaign, Illinois...just 30 miles south of my home and where I grew up. Also, I saw them as a bar band back in the day....they were just getting known across the US.

Anyway, if you like their hits...you cannot go wrong if you buy this CD. The sound quality is top notch, and the DR is very strong. Cheap.....I have it and it's amazing...

LINK

That’s cool you saw them in the bar playing days. I’m definitely more partial to their earlier rocking vs later ballad songs. I saw them during the REO TWO tour. Kicked butt!

I was underage, but back in the 70's, no one cared. I saw them at the Red Lion Lounge......such memories....we could get a colored wrist band. It said "I'm under 21, but I might be able to buy beers"

I was not impressed with the recent blue vinyl edition, perhaps I should give the CD a shot.
Saw them first at mens old gym on U of I campus, very loud. REO TWO is my fav.

I guess I'm partial - because REO is local to me. They are from Champaign, Illinois...just 30 miles south of my home and where I grew up. Also, I saw them as a bar band back in the day....they were just getting known across the US.

Anyway, if you like their hits...you cannot go wrong if you buy this CD. The sound quality is top notch, and the DR is very strong. Cheap.....I have it and it's amazing...

LINK

This album needs to be on SACD....

4564493211_92d74b33e4.jpg

I was first drawn to this band because of "High Infidelity". I then purchased other albums and like many of them even better, "Tuna Fish" has got to be one of the best. "This Time We Mean It and Lost In a Dream" were done in SQ Quad, as well. In general I do prefer the older albums though. The band played here for "Harbourfest" several years ago, still sounding great!

Oooo, this FM 80s station threw me a curve ball the other day…”One lonely night”! I wrecked my brain to remember which LP it was from…(Wheels are turnin, which was in rotation when I was a DJ, duh!)…
I caught them in the Tuna period….I love playing drums along Roll with the changes, great freaking drum part and groove…saw them on the Wheels tour in PR in third row and everyone was SITTING DOWN, security would not let you stand up….AWESOME CONCERT! I used to call Gary “Riffraff” cause all of his solos sound the same to me, but I respect him a bit more now that he is gone…the Live Infidelity concert is the best for me…they still used to play their older stuff…

I have most of their pre1990 albums. Got into them about the same time as Nugent and AC/DC. They had just put out YCTAPBYCTF and I picked up that album and Live:YGWYPF.
They should be in the RRHOF only because they were more R&R than many that have been inducted.

I just saw them last month in Vegas. IMO it's time tto throw in the towel. Vocals were really lacking. For most of the show Kevin Cronin seemed to be really struggling. And when Bruce Hall sang Back On The Road Again it was painful. Their albums are awesome. The live experience… not so much.

also… stay away from the Friday Music version of You Get What You Play For. It sounds like there is a blanket over the speakers compared to my CD which sounds pretty good to me.

I just saw them last month in Vegas. IMO it's time tto throw in the towel. Vocals were really lacking. For most of the show Kevin Cronin seemed to be really struggling. And when Bruce Hall sang Back On The Road Again it was painful. Their albums are awesome. The live experience… not so much.

also… stay away from the Friday Music version of You Get What You Play For. It sounds like there is a blanket over the speakers compared to my CD which sounds pretty good to me.
Wow, that's interesting. So, I saw REO in Champaign, IL right before Covid hit and they knocked it totally out of the park, including Keven's singing. He could not have sounded any better. Maybe 3 years makes that much difference.

Wow, that's interesting. So, I saw REO in Champaign, IL right before Covid hit and they knocked it totally out of the park, including Keven's singing. He could not have sounded any better. Maybe 3 years makes that much difference.
You can't beat him singing "Roll With The Changes".

• Love
Reactions: GOS
Back