RIP Malcolm Young

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It really breaks my heart ... For me AC/DC is the best rock band in the world! I am very happy and proud that I was able to get to the AC/DC concert in Belgrade in May 2009 on their super successful Black Ice World Tour. Brian, Angus, Malcolm, Cliff and Phil... they all was there and it was the GREAT SHOW!!! This was one of the happiest day of my life!
Thank you Malcolm for beeing for so many years a driving force of AC/DC! With deep sadness I'm saying Rest In Peace MALCOLM YOUNG.

Yeah - I only saw them 1 time and that was at Horton Field House, Normal Illinois in 1980...a show I will never forget. Back In Black tour....they were on fire with this album and they simply blew the roof off this little place.

Setlist...

I saw them I think it was 79 as the back up band for Aerosmith, which I'll always remember, you never forget a show were the opening act kicks ass on the headliner

So Bon will have a band mate around now so it ain't that bad ............. RIP

Spinning some AC/DC Powerage in tribute to a great songwriter/musician....Malcolm Young. :(

Powerage 2017.jpg

I have seen them 5 times between the Cow Palace and Oakland Coliseum. Always great, never walk away feeling you dint see something all out and very loud. Malcolm always standing to the audiences left of drums, playing that rhythm guitar with all out energy.

I missed meeting the boys by literally minutes.

I lived in Vancouver from 2007 to 2009 and worked for a small computer company. Little did I know when I started there but both Mushroom Studios AND The Warehouse were clients of ours.

So, it was early 2008 and I'm doing a morning call in Burnaby. My cell phone goes off and it's a co-worker. I answer and (to make a long story short) he tells me he's at The Warehouse and if I like AC/DC, he could introduce me to Brian, Mal & Angus as they'll be there until around noon when they break for lunch. They'd stopped recording because something fouled up with the PC in the studio and the limo won't be there until noon to take 'em to lunch. How quick can you get here?

Well, I was only doing a couple printer replacements so I got that done as quick as could be and booked it outta there. The Warehouse is down on Powell St. near downtown Vancouver and it's roughly 11:30am. Traffic is not heavy, but traffic in Vancouver generally SUCKS.

I got there with about 10 minutes to spare so, at the very least I was hoping to get a "Hi hello how are you" and maybe an autograph. I had really hoped to get a few words with Brian 'cuz I knew even back then that he was a HUGE Petrol head and has a collection of classic cars. He's also a Geordie (meaning from the North-east of England) and I dated a gal from Newcastle in my youth, so I'd hoped we'd have a slight connection.

ANYWHO, by the time I drove by the studio, the limo was already there and I knew my time was short. I pulled around into the back lot, parked completely illegally and was on my phone to my co-worker to come 'round back and let me in.

He picks up and he doesn't even say "hello" he just says "Don't bother."

WHAT!?!?!?!? :yikes

"They just walked out the front door to the limo."

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFf :mad:

[video=youtube_share;b_89iP98wQA]https://youtu.be/b_89iP98wQA[/video]

And that's my story.
God Speed, Brother Mal.

Last edited:
Oh no, not another one!

His brother was always center stage and spotlighted but....

Malcolm's rhythm work was always spot on! IMHO :smokin

You are missed already.

Dementia is such a sad state. I pray that a cure is found to end the suffering. The family suffers much more though :(

well.. my take on this is that it's MUCH better for him to be gone that to live with DEMENTIA (or whatever it was....a lot of times they really don't tell you the true sickness..)..

Let's stop being selfish and MOURN, cause mourning is totally selfish act----let's ROCK AND BLAST SOME AC/DC AND CELEBRATE HIS LIFE!!!!!!!

How about..."SHOT DOWN IN FLAMES" to begin with????

Take your pick!!!

:smokin

Very sad news and particularly sad for the family as it comes so soon after the death of older brother George, Easybeats founder and early AC/DC producer (and sometime studio bass player).

Back