Shipping cost FAQ

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I know...I know I could simply go to the local post office and ask....but, I figure as many folks at QQ that have shipped out of country, someone has an idea...and anyway, post office is closed till Monday here.

I've never shipped anything out of the US. Within US, we can ship via United States Postal Service (USPS) using "media mail" method. It's pretty cheap. I mean, for a small package (the size of a text book let's say) with a couple CD's in it....it will cost $2.63. Seems it doesn't matter where in the US I ship, it's always $2.63

Now - what would it cost me to ship that same type package to Canada? How about UK? Can we still use the media mail method?

Yes, I looked up USPS online, but couldn't seem to find the answer.
Anyone have experience and know the general prices?

Thanks in advance...

I know...I know I could simply go to the local post office and ask....but, I figure as many folks at QQ that have shipped out of country, someone has an idea...and anyway, post office is closed till Monday here.

I've never shipped anything out of the US. Within US, we can ship via United States Postal Service (USPS) using "media mail" method. It's pretty cheap. I mean, for a small package (the size of a text book let's say) with a couple CD's in it....it will cost $2.63. Seems it doesn't matter where in the US I ship, it's always $2.63

Now - what would it cost me to ship that same type package to Canada? How about UK? Can we still use the media mail method?

Thanks in advance...
It's a lot more. There isn't a media mail option. Expect around $10 to Canada.

Quite recently I realized of you can make it thin you can ship as a "letter" rather than a "package". Likely not an option for you.

Canada is the same as Europe. Wha?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

It's a lot more. There isn't a media mail option. Expect around $10 to Canada.

Quite recently I realized of you can make it thin you can ship as a "letter" rather than a "package". Likely not an option for you.

Canada is the same as Europe. Wha?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Same for the Netherlands. Outside NL letters seem to be the same postage, regardless if I send to Belgium or the other side of the world.

(up to 8 oz) $10.00 USD USPS First Class International Large Envelope (3/4" maximum thickness)
(up to 8 oz) $14.00 USD USPS First Class International Package
(over 8 oz - 1 lb) $16.00 USD USPS First Class International Large Envelope (3/4" maximum thickness)
(over 8 oz - 1 lb) $23.00 USD USPS First Class International Package
1-2 lb $35 USPS First Class International Package
2-4 lb $50 USPS First Class International Package

Thanks in advance...

Remember what I told you when I pm'd you.

The U.S. postal service is a business and VERY MUCH want you to ship----Worldwide if possible, actually Worldwide preferred ! Yes it costs a few dimes more to ship , likewise from say Canada to the U.S., but that's how they make money and can compete with online shippers making a small fortune. The likes of Amazon, UPS, and others .

And they will "bend over backwards " to assist you fwiw. All because it's so lucrative . :D(y)

Back