New hi-res surround album - CD/Blu-ray - Disturbing the Universe - Pre-order

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edisonbaggins

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Hi QQ family!

This project is moving right along. FLAC downloads have done pretty well at surroundmusic.one and quadraphonic tape sales have done well too, via mlrocker's ebay store, so that has enabled me to move ahead with a CD/Blu-ray set!
This thing is pretty loaded too. I've tried to capture the spirit of the Steven Wilson remix albums, like Fragile by Yes. A CD with the album and extras and a Blu-ray with extras too. I don't have nearly the history or status that Yes have, but I mean I really tried to pack a lot of content on these discs.

The CD contains the album, 2 remixes and 3 live tracks.

The Blu-ray contains the album, 4 remixes and 3 live tracks. The album and remixes are in LPCM stereo, 4.0, 4.1 & 5.1, while the live tracks are only in LPCM stereo.
3 different surround formats of the same mix might be a first? We were just thinking of those with pure quad setups, as well as those with subs, but who don't like the center used for music, along with those who are running 5.1, of course.

There are also a couple of Easter eggs to be discovered...

The CD and Blu-ray masters are on the way to the manufacturer as I type this. Soon I'll be able to test the first copy. Then I'll be able to place the first order.
To help me get an idea of how many copies to order, I decided a pre-release is called for!

You can find the pre-order here on bandcamp.

You can find a thread about the album here. See post #8 for a very kind review!

I am so very grateful for all the support my QQ family has shown me. Again, I'm not trying to quit my day job and I'm willing to take some risk to see this album become a physical reality. I'd love for it to sell out and be able to give a little money to charity. In the end, if this album ends up in the hands and ears of those who wanted to hear it I'll be happy. In so many ways this album was a long-shot! I owe an enormous debt of gratitude to quite a few of you! I'm so excited that its ultimate fruition is close.

A giant thank you is owed to Jan Printz from surroundmusic.one for doing the blu-ray authoring! I think he did a great job. (y)

DtU_BD_menu.jpg

Last edited:
:banana::banana:Snoooooooood got the email from bandcamp and ordered right away :banana::banana:

Congrats Baggins :Snoodhug:

Hi QQ family!

This project is moving right along. FLAC downloads have done pretty well at surroundmusic.one and quadraphonic tape sales have done well too, via mlrocker's ebay store, so that has enabled me to move ahead with a CD/Blu-ray set!
This thing is pretty loaded too. I've tried to capture the spirit of the Steven Wilson remix albums, like Fragile by Yes. A CD with the album and extras and a Blu-ray with extras too. I don't have nearly the history or status that Yes have, but I mean I really tried to pack a lot of content on these discs.

The CD contains the album, 2 remixes and 3 live tracks.

The Blu-ray contains the album, 4 remixes and 3 live tracks. The album and remixes are in LPCM stereo, 4.0, 4.1 & 5.1, while the live tracks are only in LPCM stereo.
3 different surround formats of the same mix might be a first? We were just thinking of those with pure quad setups, as well as those with subs, but who don't like the center used for music, along with those who are running 5.1, of course.

There are also a couple of Easter eggs to be discovered...

The CD and Blu-ray masters are on the way to the manufacturer as I type this. Soon I'll be able to test the first copy. Then I'll be able to place the first order.
To help me get an idea of how many copies to order, I decided a pre-release is called for!

You can find the pre-order here on bandcamp.

You can find a thread about the album here. See post #8 for a very kind review!

I am so very grateful for all the support my QQ family has shown me. Again, I'm not trying to quit my day job and I'm willing to take some risk to see this album become a physical reality. I'd love for it to sell out and be able to give a little money to charity. In the end, if this album ends up in the hands and ears of those who wanted to hear it I'll be happy. In so many ways this album was a long-shot! I owe an enormous debt of gratitude to quite a few of you! I'm so excited that its ultimate fruition is close.

A giant thank you is owed to Jan Printz from surroundmusic.one for doing the blu-ray authoring! I think he did a great job. [emoji106]

View attachment 31257
I've ordered. Can't wait after reading Jon's mini review!

Sent from my Elephone_P3000S using Tapatalk

What style of music are we looking at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most of the included tracks can be streamed here

They used to be streamable on bandcamp, but the pre-order killed that, for some reason.

In any case, style is mostly rooted in rock. Influences by Rush, Muse, Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd, Peter Gabriel among lots of others, I'd say.

This is really well done! Any minor flaws anyone might want to critique pale compared to some of the major label low budget (sound-wise) releases. There's some really good progressive stuff here.

Buy this and support edisonbaggins! (He's not making you buy a $150 box set to get it either.)

The response over the last couple of days has been very encouraging. I'm glad there is interest in the physical album.
It's a dream come true for me and I suspect it is the best way to make the music accessible to most of my surround family.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! :party

Printing order will be placed in a few days!

Because these sets are expensive to make, I won't be ordering very many more units than the pre-order number (plus the small number I need to give away for some minor promotion and to collaborators).
So, if you're reading this and have any interest in this blu-ray album, please join the pre-order. Believe me, the price is very close to break-even if all copies sell.

The situation I don't want to run in to is, somebody is interested in the album, but says nothing, doesn't pre-order, thought to pick it up in a few months and it is sold out.

I will make every effort to leave the BD ISO online for purchase, but the download is large, few people have a BD burner and an album package is more fun. :banana:

Great news!! I will order one myself. I have heard it and it sounds great and the content is awesome. I want a "real" one for myself.

This is actually quite a fantastic album, by the way! (y)

UPDATE: ORDERED :smokin

Back