New hi-res surround album - CD/Blu-ray - Disturbing the Universe - Pre-order

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoops! Seeing the posts reminded me I hadn't ordered a Physical Copy. Get one (or more) folks its worth it!

Hey folks! I hope everybody is having a wonderful December and enjoying the totally awesome surround releases that are descending upon us at this time.
I truly believe we are in a golden years of surround. I'm away from my surround system until the 15th. Speaking of which, that is the date that the first (possibly only) printing of CD/BD sets arrives at Casa de Baggins and the official release date of the set.

Along those lines, I uploaded some pictures of the physical CD/BD set to bandcamp the other day and I don't know how, but it kind of screwed up the way the digital album and the CD/BD set are displayed on the site. The release date is still the 15th, so we are still in the pre-order stage. Taking a quick look at the numbers, and if my math is right, there are around 50 CD/BD sets left. I am profoundly encouraged by the level of interest that has been expressed in the album, to this point. I am a relative musical nobody and it's just thrilling and humbling that anybody out there really cares to listen and share my music. It is an extraordinary feeling.

I do not know if there will be any more printings, so if you want this set for sure, please join the pre-order! :51banana:

Pre-order is over - CD/BD sets are beginning to ship. We're a real mom n' pop effort, so please be patient. We're trying to work fast tough.
Thanks for all the support, QQ! :upthumb
Dhr5kRP.jpg

Pre-order is over - CD/BD sets are beginning to ship. We're a real mom n' pop effort, so please be patient. We're trying to work fast tough.
Thanks for all the support, QQ! :upthumb
Dhr5kRP.jpg

Baggy Buddy - sign mine lol :banana:

love me an autograph of the great baggins :banana:

Likewise ordered a copy [RBCD/BD~A]. From the sound bites it's a very accomplished piece of work. Kudos to ji eff for the mix and can't wait to hear your 5.1 remix.

I checked out some of your tracks and I like the music, sounds nice. Almost like a hard rock/metal vibe with classic rock influences. :banana:
I just had a question and I'm not trying to be critical, but why is the 5.1 download more expensive than the CD/Blu-ray set? Isn't it cheaper to host a download than to manufacture the CD/BD combo?

Personally, I've been in the process of converting my whole collection to digital, and I'm actually planning on selling my hardware after that (universal blu-ray player, bd drive, etc). I'm probably going to spring for the 5.1 download some time this week.

I checked out some of your tracks and I like the music, sounds nice. Almost like a hard rock/metal vibe with classic rock influences. :banana:
I just had a question and I'm not trying to be critical, but why is the 5.1 download more expensive than the CD/Blu-ray set? Isn't it cheaper to host a download than to manufacture the CD/BD combo?

Personally, I've been in the process of converting my whole collection to digital, and I'm actually planning on selling my hardware after that (universal blu-ray player, bd drive, etc). I'm probably going to spring for the 5.1 download some time this week.
dont sell your bd drive, otherwise you are not able to rip future bds

That reminds me of a story... around 1999, when I was in veterinary school, MP3s and Napster were really big among the students; my wife was always pissed at me because our phone line was tied up 24 hours a day by my 56k modem downloading MP3s... I put together a huge, "priceless" collection of 128k mp3s (oh, where are they now?). A friend of mine knew that these mp3s were the wave of the future, so he ripped all of his CDs to 128k mp3, then sold the CDs. He was so happy to consolidate all his music into that tiny little space.

He probably looks back on that time and feels the way I do when I think of how I replaced all my original, high DR CDs with "Newly Remastered" CDs.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with what you're doing, because downloads probably ARE the future (present?) of music... I rip everything I buy and store it on hard drives... I'm just paranoid about letting go of my discs!

(Plus I'm a "collector": I love walls lined with shelves stacked with various discs and books:mad:@:)

Hi phrostbyte,

First of all, thanks for your interest in the music. It's an incredible feeling knowing that somebody out there has enjoyed something I was involved in!

You ask a very good question about the downloads and CD/BD sets. I don't want to speak for surroundmusic.one, but I can give you my perspective.
I think we're dealing with two different sales philosophies. Jan was very kind to host my music online, even though I am relatively unknown. Downloads of Disturbing the Universe have helped (at least a little) get his store off the ground and likewise have helped me produce the CD/BD set. From the beginning, I have left pricing of the downloads up to surroundmusic.one. If I understand correctly, I think he is just setting prices to more or less match the price charged for music of a similar quality from major download sites. Servers do cost money and, again if I understand correctly, there are also distribution charges, such as the bandwidth, multiple hosting regions and edge storage.
Regarding the CD/BD, my goal has been to hopefully make my money back, then to give whatever small amount is leftover to charity. So, I tried to price the set as low as possible to try to accomplish that.
You might be able to sweet talk QQ member OdysseyMusik in to giving you a better price for the download and maybe he needs to adjust pricing, in general or have a holiday promotion or something. Others would know that better than me.

Again, thank you very much for your interest! :sun

That reminds me of a story... around 1999, when I was in veterinary school, MP3s and Napster were really big among the students; my wife was always pissed at me because our phone line was tied up 24 hours a day by my 56k modem downloading MP3s... I put together a huge, "priceless" collection of 128k mp3s (oh, where are they now?). A friend of mine knew that these mp3s were the wave of the future, so he ripped all of his CDs to 128k mp3, then sold the CDs. He was so happy to consolidate all his music into that tiny little space.

He probably looks back on that time and feels the way I do when I think of how I replaced all my original, high DR CDs with "Newly Remastered" CDs.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with what you're doing, because downloads probably ARE the future (present?) of music... I rip everything I buy and store it on hard drives... I'm just paranoid about letting go of my discs!

(Plus I'm a "collector": I love walls lined with shelves stacked with various discs and books:mad:@:)

I know what you mean but about 5 years ago I did the same thing with my video game collection. I had all different types of consoles, both old and new, with hundreds of games.. then when I went to the military I still wanted to be able to game on weekends and off-time, so I bought a nice laptop and discovered PC gaming. Then I slowly sold all my consoles and games and went PC only, and I've been pretty happy with it overall. I don't miss any of my physical games. I think the music industry is similar in this regard, there are always going to be new formats, new remasters, new deluxe editions. As long as I have a copy on my computer, I'm happy.

Anyway, to stay on topic, thanks for the reply edison. I'll keep an eye on this thread just in case there's a Christmas sale, and if not I'll just buy it any way for full price. It's nice to support a good artist that's also into surround sound. :cool:

You might be able to sweet talk QQ member OdysseyMusik in to giving you a better price for the download and maybe he needs to adjust pricing, in general or have a holiday promotion or something. Others would know that better than me.

Again, thank you very much for your interest! :sun

The prices on Surroundmusic.one is totally up to the artists!!!
Yes the site takes 2 euro for a sale because most of that goes to fees (storage, payment & file transfer) and VAT if sold to EU countries. Handling big files is pretty expensive and this is maybe the cause that Bandcamp refuses that....
DtU has the highest price for flac files only, but you choose that price Mike! That is not up to me!;)
If you want to change the price for flac download (and the one incl. isofile) it's no problem!

The prices on Surroundmusic.one is totally up to the artists!!!
Yes the site takes 2 euro for a sale because most of that goes to fees (storage, payment & file transfer) and VAT if sold to EU countries. Handling big files is pretty expensive and this is maybe the cause that Bandcamp refuses that....
DtU has the highest price for flac files only, but you choose that price Mike! That is not up to me!;)
If you want to change the price for flac download (and the one incl. isofile) it's no problem!

Thanks for clarifying your position, Jan. Over 100's of emails between us, a bit of a language barrier and me running around all over the country and with a newborn at home, I wasn't aware that pricing of my album on your site was stagnant because of me.
It's good that I realize we've had a misunderstanding. I've emailed you.

Last edited:
We've received a double order from somebody with the initials W.C. from Auckland, New Zealand (I don't want to post somebody's name publicly without their permission).
If this is you, can you please PM me? Do you want two copies? If so, we can put both in one package and I'll refund you some shipping. If you want only one copy I can refund one of the purchases.

I have tried to email you, but your server has gmail blacklisted, for some reason.

If I don't hear from you, by default we'll send two copies in one package and refund you some shipping.

Thanks! :brew

Good news!
The price for the flac-files of Disturbing the Universe is now € 9.00 / $ 10.66 and
Disturbing the Universe (BD / AVCHD-DVD isofile) is € 10.00 / $ 11.85

If you have the CD/Blu-ray you can get a coupon code for download of the flac-files for € 3 (for the big-files handling fees) - Then send a PM to edisonbaggins or contact Surroundmusic.one.

Have a nice X-mas:D

Good news!
The price for the flac-files of Disturbing the Universe is now € 9.00 / $ 10.66 and
Disturbing the Universe (BD / AVCHD-DVD isofile) is € 10.00 / $ 11.85

If you have the CD/Blu-ray you can get a coupon code for download of the flac-files for € 3 (for the big-files handling fees) - Then send a PM to edisonbaggins or contact Surroundmusic.one.

Have a nice X-mas:D

Ok, technical question, forgive my ignorance on this. I bought the BD / AVCHD-DVD isofile download. The download links include 4 different FLAC downloads (5.1, 2.0, 4.0 and 4.1). Also included are 2 iso downloads (AVCHD and BD). If all i want is to burn a Blu-ray disc, is everything included in the BD iso file? I have a Blu-ray burner drive and I believe I have the right software to burn the iso to disc (HD Audio Solo Ultra). I just don't want to waste too much time and too many blank discs through trial-and-error. Anyone with expertise on this, your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

If all i want is to burn a Blu-ray disc, is everything included in the BD iso file?

Hey mrcond, sorry I can't answer your technical question. I am probably more in the dark than you are.
Regarding BD content, however, I can tell you it is your one stop shop.

The BD has every mix of the album and album bonus tracks - 2.0, 4.0, 4.1 & 5.1. The surround mixes are all meant to sound the same - they are not different versions of the album. They are provided to suit those with varying speaker setups and preferences. The BD also has some bonus live tracks in stereo and a couple of extra surround goodies to be discovered as well. I think it would be well worth your time and effort to get it up and running!

Hey mrcond, sorry I can't answer your technical question. I am probably more in the dark than you are.
Regarding BD content, however, I can tell you it is your one stop shop.

The BD has every mix of the album and album bonus tracks - 2.0, 4.0, 4.1 & 5.1. The surround mixes are all meant to sound the same - they are not different versions of the album. They are provided to suit those with varying speaker setups and preferences. The BD also has some bonus live tracks in stereo and a couple of extra surround goodies to be discovered as well. I think it would be well worth your time and effort to get it up and running!

Great, thanks! The samples sounded good (in stereo) and I can’t wait to hear it in surround. Might be fun to compare the 5.1 vs. 4.1 vs. 4.0 to make sure my setup is “optimal”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back