Question to US residents regarding packages from outside the US

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Hello everyone...

Got a question..let's say you buy something which is shipped from Europe that is insured and valued at $300 , how much do you have to pay in the USPS office?
I'm guessing it's a percentage...I've been looking at their webpage but , if someone could direct me to the right place or tell me how much. I'd highly appreciate it!

I bought my Pro-ject turntable from outside the US (new) and I didn't pay anything other than the cost of the TT itself. But, maybe there are other variables I'm not aware of.

Buy several things from Europe/Australia every year, I haven't paid the USPS anything....I always have paid the native country's carrier/postal service and any insurance is arranged by the shipper, so.... maybe I don't really get the question?

i bought something similar from a friend in Germany a few years ago was worth and insured for 250 us and didn't pay any import duty, he did write on it and his form at his post office that it was a gift.

i bought something similar from a friend in Germany a few years ago was worth and insured for 250 us and didn't pay any import duty, he did write on it and his form at his post office that it was a gift.

Thank you for your reply...it seems that ,as long as it's a gift or USED personal belonging, there would be no shelling out in the Post Office!

Back