Donald Fagen In The News

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I take issue with the headline. It should read "Walter Becker's estate shamefully tries to steal control of Steely Dan from principal member Donald Fagen".

On the positive side, at least there are assets / good will to fight over. It used to be that these groups got raped by managers etc. and not nothing left to fight over.

yes, wonderful musicians , but Don has NEVER been in my good side as a person, ESPECIALLY after hitting his wife (a REAL MAN NEVER EVER hits his woman!!!)..
I also talked to Berklee's president , who was in charge when they gave him some kind of "Honorable Degree", and when I asked him about Don, he said "NO COMMENT!!"

What does any of that have to do with an agreement which he and Becker kept in force for 45 years suddenly being null and void after Becker died? I'm not one to use personality as a barometer in these issues. For example, I felt that the Robin Thicke suit brought by the Gaye family was a travesty, and I have zero use for Alan's demon spawn.

You have to realize that just because they(the artists we like)are great musicians...they aren't necessarily great people...Donald has had his moments....like this one

I thought there was a shit boat of ego here! Remember the all star band one year, he was on it , and just waked off stage during the song they were doing. I thought at the time he was a bit rude.

For those who missed it (I had): Fagen gave a long interview to Rolling Stone's "Music Now" podcast back in December. Not rude or snarky or combative in the least. Great to hear his thoughts about Becker, his (discreet) account of their last meeting and of the current legal dispute over control of the band's name & assets, his plans for the future (which include a possible record with the Nightflyers), etc.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/...lter-beckers-death-steely-dans-future-w514440

(P.S. to Mods: I hate to be That Guy, but could we alter the title of this thread to correct the spelling of Fagen's name?)

Back