2 More Jimi Hendrix Stereo SACDs Coming from Analogue Productions

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Coming in 2018.

Jimi Hendrix albums Are You Experienced? & Axis: Bold As Love on Hybrid Layer Super Audio CD from Analogue Productions.
Just announced in Acoustic Sounds new catalog.

Each SACD will include Mono and Stereo mixes of each album. Newly remastered from the Original Analog Master Tapes by Bernie Grundman.

New Jimi Hendrix SACDs in 2018 from Analogue Productions.jpg

WHOA....for a medium that is supposed to be on the verge of collapse...those shiny silver discs are releasing some blockbuster albums...the thought of getting "clean" versions of PURPLE HAZE and FOXY LADY is a bucket list item for me...all I need for my Hendrix trilogy of desires is All Along The Watchtower...my favorite JH selection....now I won't be able to get Purple Haze out of my head...there will be random shouts of Purple Haze in my private moments(when nobody is around)....thank goodness they didn't select the UK version of this album...it doesn't have PURPLE HAZE..HEY JOE...or THE WIND CRIES MARY..

Are you experienced(and I think the answer is yes to that question)has 4 killer songs on it... and is one of the top 500 albums of all time...what a home run this will be for AP:cool:

WHOA....for a medium that is supposed to be on the verge of collapse...those shiny silver discs are releasing some blockbuster albums...the thought of getting "clean" versions of PURPLE HAZE and FOXY LADY is a bucket list item for me...all I need for my Hendrix trilogy of desires is All Along The Watchtower...my favorite JH selection....now I won't be able to get Purple Haze out of my head...there will be random shouts of Purple Haze in my private moments(when nobody is around)....thank goodness they didn't select the UK version of this album...it doesn't have PURPLE HAZE..HEY JOE...or THE WIND CRIES MARY..

Are you experienced(and I think the answer is yes to that question)has 4 killer songs on it... and is one of the top 500 albums of all time...what a home run this will be for AP:cool:

Yes and Yes.

Optical disc sales continue to fade.
And this is going to be a fine pair of albums to add to the SACD release list. :)

Coming in 2018.

Jimi Hendrix albums Are You Experienced? & Axis: Bold As Love on Hybrid Layer Super Audio CD from Analogue Productions.
Just announced in Acoustic Sounds new catalog.

Each SACD will include Mono and Stereo mixes of each album. Newly remastered from the Original Analog Master Tapes by Bernie Grundman.

View attachment 31297

This is something real. I’ll take SACD stereo Hendrix any day of week. Maybe they’ll have DSD downloads?

This is something real. I’ll take SACD stereo Hendrix any day of week. Maybe they’ll have DSD downloads?

Could be.
Depends on the terms of the licensing deal with the artist's estate and the record label.

Yes and Yes.

Optical disc sales continue to fade.
And this is going to be a fine pair of albums to add to the SACD release list. :)

Optical discs are down...but not out...I remember many retail outlets saying 5 years ago they weren't going to sell DVD's anymore...but they still do...we(on forums like this one)sometimes are a little out of touch with mainstream(general public) users...I see people in these stores buying their first HD television...which is hard to believe since HD has been around in the US since 1998...almost 20 years...yes the numbers are down...but it can still survive...if vinyl can survive...so can the other shiny disc formats...I'm just thankful we are getting these special titles now...when I can still enjoy them:)

Optical discs are down...but not out.

They definitely are. A quote from another record industry exec this week:
"Yes I am afraid that less SACD's will be produced. We hear this from more labels now as the download business is taking off."

yeah, I wonder what it costs to get that opportunity, access to multitracks.:yikes if the price is right, they just might.

BTW, were any of Hendrix's albums ever officially remixed into 4.0 or 5.1?

Not as far as I know but I have an Electric Ladyland upmix which is amazing and to me sounds like very much like it's real. Lots of surround activity including pans and swirls.

And, I think you can even pre-order them right? If so, maybe it's so they have "some" clue how many thousands to press....

Yes you can preorder...and the encouraging thing about this pre order is that it's from AP...unlike MoFi ....which drags out these releases..AP has a pretty good track record for releasing on time..

Back