2 More Jimi Hendrix Stereo SACDs Coming from Analogue Productions

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And, I think you can even pre-order them right? If so, maybe it's so they have "some" clue how many thousands to press....

Yes, Acoustic Sounds is taking pre-orders for the 2 upcoming Jimi Hendrix Hybrid Stereo SACDs.
They will probably press 3,000 to 5,000 copies. That seems to be the sales level for LPs and SACDs these days on big name titles.

Jimi Hendrix SACD Pre Order - Summer 2018.jpg

http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/1...rience-Are_You_Experienced-Hybrid_Stereo_SACD
http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/1...perience-Axis_Bold_As_Love-Hybrid_Stereo_SACD

Yes you can preorder...and the encouraging thing about this pre order is that it's from AP...unlike MoFi ....which drags out these releases..AP has a pretty good track record for releasing on time..

I have a lot of A-Sounds preorders some dating back from 2014. I have seen them come out as LP's but the promised SACD's, not yet. Mostly the Lighting Hopkins.

I have a lot of A-Sounds preorders some dating back from 2014. I have seen them come out as LP's but the promised SACD's, not yet. Mostly the Lighting Hopkins.

I haven't really purchased many AP releases...until recently...BUT...it's hard to believe that anyone is worse than MoFi....I waited for a Billy Joel release for over 2 years...closer to 3...

Not as far as I know but I have an Electric Ladyland upmix which is amazing and to me sounds like very much like it's real. Lots of surround activity including pans and swirls.

Hi

Are you referring to the GART upmix?

thanks

For those that are going to buy the 2 Jimi Hendrix titles this summer...NOW is the time to pre order...20% discount right now at Music Direct...nothing to lose if you use a credit card(don't use pay pal for this one because they take the funds right now)..you will save $7 on each title...because once they arrive..they won't be discounted at all...so use the promo code FEB20 and order now HERE

Just check on here and someone is usually on top of the pre orders for new releases...we are expecting to hear of a Doobies release very soon...similar to the Chicago Quadio Box Set....while not surround..there are a few classic titles coming up in the future that I'm excited about....HERE...…HERE.....HERE

Ah cool the Jimi’s have got a release date now - 28th September! I hadn’t noticed that! I remember them being announced for late summer and it seemed an age away!

Do you think Acoustic Sounds will also offer then as DSD downloads? A lot of SACD’s are for sale in stereo DSD on the website ... Highly doubt the S&G title will be if it’s numbered limited edition...

Ah cool the Jimi’s have got a release date now - 28th September! I hadn’t noticed that! I remember them being announced for late summer and it seemed an age away!

Do you think Acoustic Sounds will also offer then as DSD downloads? A lot of SACD’s are for sale in stereo DSD on the website ... Highly doubt the S&G title will be if it’s numbered limited edition...

Yes I'm sure that Acoustic Sounds will offer the Hendrix titles as downloads...because they did for the other 2 released earlier..like this one..keep in mind that the S&G release is Mobile Fidelity...

Yes I'm sure that Acoustic Sounds will offer the Hendrix titles as downloads...because they did for the other 2 released earlier..like this one..keep in mind that the S&G release is Mobile Fidelity...

Acoustic Sounds may make the next 2 Hendrix titles available as DSD Downloads. That will probably happen later on after the SACDs have been on the market for a while.
They usually don't release the DSD Downloads at the same time to avoid discouraging SACD purchases first.

Acoustic Sounds may make the next 2 Hendrix titles available as DSD Downloads. That will probably happen later on after the SACDs have been on the market for a while.
They usually don't release the DSD Downloads at the same time to avoid discouraging SACD purchases first.

Yep...and if the sales posted on Acoustic Sounds are indicative of the interest in the SACDs...it might not be very long....#2 and #3 on the website now for Hybrid Stereo SACD releases and they are only in the pre order stage..

Unfortunately Acoustic Sounds won't sell the Download to those of us on this side of the pond - as I discovered when I tried to buy Humble Pie's Smokin' (so I found a SACD instead)

Unfortunately Acoustic Sounds won't sell the Download to those of us on this side of the pond - as I discovered when I tried to buy Humble Pie's Smokin' (so I found a SACD instead)

I'm curious...aren't there any download sites in the UK that feature this kind of music?..They probably don't want to pay the licensing fees..

I'm curious...aren't there any download sites in the UK that feature this kind of music?..They probably don't want to pay the licensing fees..

Nothing has the same selection as Acoustic Sounds. If you can take your laptop on ‘holiday’ you might have more luck ;)

True. The major labels license downloads by country. So Acoustic Sounds has a license for US and Canada sales only when it comes to these downloads.
Same case for HDTracks - which is why they have 3 sites (HDTracks, HDTracks UK and, HDTracks Germany) - so they can address multiple markets (US, UK, Germany) via their 3 download sites.

Fortunately, the independent record labels license albums for download on a worldwide basis vs. by country.
That explains how sites like NativeDSD Music can sell independent label releases to listeners in every country, not just to customers in The Netherlands where they are based.

Yep...and if the sales posted on Acoustic Sounds are indicative of the interest in the SACDs...it might not be very long....#2 and #3 on the website now for Hybrid Stereo SACD releases and they are only in the pre order stage..

Depends on the licensing terms and marketing strategy. Sometimes the albums come out LP first, then SACD and then DSD Download.
In other cases, all 3 are available for sale at the same time.

The first Jimi Hendrix Stereo + Mono SACD, Bold As Love, is now showing a release date of September 21, 2018, at Acoustic Sounds

View attachment 34582

https://store.acousticsounds.com/d/...perience-Axis_Bold_As_Love-Hybrid_Stereo_SACD

It actually was the 28th at first and now it's moved up OR Acoustic Sounds will sell them first at close to retail a week earlier...although I'm buying both titles....the other one is on my bucket list of all time favorite albums...I just hope they do them justice after all these years

Last edited:
Might as well list the other outlets as the time gets closer....importcds…..amazon.....deepdiscount...elusive disc....and I ordered both titles back in Feb for $27.99 each with free shipping on a sale promo at MUSIC DIRECT.....which is willing to discount these titles...now the date for Are You Experienced is probably wrong...but that is what they were given

I checked amazon UK and amazon Canada and no listings at this time..

Geez - I looked through all my emails, and could not find anything about pre-ordering the 2 Hendrix SACD's that are due out next month....
Of all places, I finally went to Music Direct and found my order there. Wow....not sure why I ordered there. Anyway, I got them for $61.72 shipped. Hopefully, that's still a competitive price. :)

Back