An affordable AVALON multi???

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:yikes And I thought I had paid too much for it a few years back -- certainly not that much! :yikes

They are getting harder to find...of course that one is new..and 3 people are thinking about pulling the trigger....I have seen used one's go for $100...I saw one last week for $49 in "like new" condition...and I was thinking about picking up another copy...but it was gone when I went back to get it...

I would bet Analogue Productions will eventually try and offer it like they are with the Pink Floyd releases. There’s definitely a market for it since I’ve hear so many people are looking for a multi-channel copy.

I would bet Analogue Productions will eventually try and offer it like they are with the Pink Floyd releases. There’s definitely a market for it since I’ve hear so many people are looking for a multi-channel copy.

Too bad Universal's High Fidelity Pure Audio Blu-Ray series went belly-up, cause this would have been a perfect title to release on such a format, especially since Universal owns the Roxy Music catalogue now (as part of the EMI buyout)
("Boys & Girls" would have been great too)

At least "Frantic" is available on DVDA-V though.
"Avalon" and "Boys & Girls" are only on SACD (aka the most pain-in-the-ass format, especially for me with my Acura, which can't play SACD)

I have to disagree, and I also have an Acura with the ELS sound system. I have more trouble with DVD-Audio compatibility than I so with SACD. It would be nice if I could play all of my disks in the car, but I would be happy just to be able to play them in the house. With all the 'creative' DVD-Audio authoring changes (most of which have NOTHING to do with music playback), it is hit and miss getting many newer disks to play. Also, the Acura system won't play the large number of great DVD-Video format releases (like Jethro Tull), so nothing is perfect when it comes to surround sound playback.

I have to disagree, and I also have an Acura with the ELS sound system. I have more trouble with DVD-Audio compatibility than I so with SACD. It would be nice if I could play all of my disks in the car, but I would be happy just to be able to play them in the house. With all the 'creative' DVD-Audio authoring changes (most of which have NOTHING to do with music playback), it is hit and miss getting many newer disks to play. Also, the Acura system won't play the large number of great DVD-Video format releases (like Jethro Tull), so nothing is perfect when it comes to surround sound playback.

True, but at least DVD-Video discs are easy to convert to either DVD-Audio or DTS-CD.

Back