Matt Darey - WOLF New Album specifically written & produced for 7.1.4 Dolby Atmos

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anandchristi

Hey guys, turns out the full 7.1.4 album can now be downloaded at http://mattdareywolf.com. I checked out the first track so far and my PC recognizes and plays back the core DD 5.1 stream in the MP4 file. Extremely active mix and top-notch sound quality. Lots of fun, I can't wait to check out the other songs!

Matt Darey includes a PDF with the download that explains different ways to play back the album, though my particular setup (PC connected to home theater system via HDMI) is not covered. I figure it's not really possible to get the full 7.1.4 experience from PC, even if I did have a home theater system that supports it, but then again, I'm not sure.

I mean, can play back 7.1 properly (e.g. Lichtmond, Ambra) through Kodi or SMPlayer even on Ubuntu, but yeah, no idea about more-channels-than-that mixes. Oh man. The future is calling! More and more Atmos out there now, plus those few Auro-3D 9.1 mixes that came out in the past few years. Exciting times :)

Anyway, I invited Matt to join us here and talk about his album, so perhaps we'll have a chance to talk to the artist soon!

Thanks for the links guys, the Atmos mix on these songs are out of this world. Never heard anything close to this - considering the use of the ceiling speakers.

Great music.

Fantastic mix!

How is your system set up? Are you playing using USB key and a Blu-Ray player?

I use my pc -> hdmi -> receiver. I use MPC-HC ( https://mpc-hc.org/ ) media player - with bitstream output selected. I downloaded .mp4 files.

The fidelty of this album is really great, excellent bass. On my second listen now, I love this :)

Edit: I see now that I am listening to the Atmos/Digital+ files - and it sounds awesome, I wonder how the lossless version (that will be available later) will sound??? Wow!

Edit 2: It seems that the default mediaplayer "Movies & TV" app in Win 10 plays the files with bitstream output fine too.

For those with 5.1 or 7.1 systems: Matt Darey recently uploaded a fixed version of his DD+ .mk4 files. I'm listening to the 5.1 core right now and they sound pretty good; I think the channel assignments are better than the initial version, where I remember that in at least one song, the vocals were all in the rears. So check it out at www.mattdareywolf.com. :)

He still says the uncompressed 7.1.4 version will come soon, too. I definitely look forward to that, though I don't have the .4, only 7.1. :)

Hmmm, now i 've heard the 10 track mp4. Its not bad, but the tracks are not on the same volume. 1-3, 5, 7, 10 are very quiet and a little bit vaguely not so clear i will wish, otherwise track 4, 6, 8 are very loud, after the first three tracks i became a heartattack. Best track is The beast at 9.

Twice i tried the one track mkv. Its louder than the same track before.

It`s interesting that there is a chance to "normalizes the volume across tracks" but all tracks come from the same album, so why normalizing?

I´ve written it per mail to the Darey support, but in time no answer.

It`s interesting that there is a chance to "normalizes the volume across tracks" but all tracks come from the same album, so why normalizing?

I´ve written it per mail to the Darey support, but in time no answer.

Yeah, you shouldn't have a software doing this. Will be interesting to see what he says!

Worst comes to worst, I guess you can always normalize in Audacity and re-save...

That's a shame! I will keep watching the album's website anyway to see if he follows up with the .m2ts files soon. I do like the album, personally, and I'd gladly pay for it.

That's a shame! I will keep watching the album's website anyway to see if he follows up with the .m2ts files soon. I do like the album, personally, and I'd gladly pay for it.

I downloaded the .m2ts file now - and it is the whole album in one big file - in 7.1.4 hi-rez Dolby True HD Atmos.

Sounds very nice :)

I downloaded the .m2ts file now - and it is the whole album in one big file - in 7.1.4 hi-rez Dolby True HD Atmos.

Sounds very nice :)

Whoa wait!! Which file did you download? I see the full album in DD+ 7.1 (which Linux can't decode) as mp4 files. Then I see a string of links for the song "Wolf" in 7.1.4 in different formats.

Can you post a direct link to the file that has the full album in Dolby TrueHD as an m2ts. instead of DD+ as an mp4?

EDIT: you're right! It's the .m2ts link right after the mp4. A 3 GB file. How sweet!! Now I wish I was near my 7.1 system. Alas, gonna have to wait for 2 months until I get back to Canada so I can check this out.

Whoa wait!! Which file did you download? I see the full album in DD+ 7.1 (which Linux can't decode) as mp4 files. Then I see a string of links for the song "Wolf" in 7.1.4 in different formats.

Can you post a direct link to the file that has the full album in Dolby TrueHD as an m2ts. instead of DD+ as an mp4?

EDIT: you're right! It's the .m2ts link right after the mp4. A 3 GB file. How sweet!! Now I wish I was near my 7.1 system. Alas, gonna have to wait for 2 months until I get back to Canada so I can check this out.

I used the second download link from the bottom:

qIsJCuO.jpg

(please notice the high quality arrow :) )

It says (TrueHD Atmos mkv) - but it is not - it links to a .m2ts file that is of 4GB.

Could be the link above also contain the same TrueHD soundtrack, but I did not try that one.

Hard to wait 2 months :yikes

I downloaded the 4GB file first. When I went to transfer it to a new unused 32GB USB stick, my computer said that the file was too large for the USB stick. What the heck? I then downloaded the 3GB file you mention and transferred it with no problem. Later that night, I stuck it in my Oppo to play. It showed the file, but wouldn't do anything with it. So, just for the heck of it, I tried looking at it with the other Oppo inputs options. I was finally able to get it to play by inputting it under the "movie" input option.

Re-format your USB to exFAT (FAT32 has a 4GB file size limit).

Not sure what your Oppo will read maybe try formatting to NTFS if exFAT can't be read.

Does anyone have the track names for this release?

I've converted Matt's Atmos MKV to 10 individual 7.1 FLACs and 10 individual MKVs with Atmos track and would like to name the tracks. Can't find anything on the web.

EDIT: I've found them on Dicogs and added the album and tracks to MusicBrainz

Last edited:
Back